Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+14
Nicola
brighteyes
Hikoi
LASERAsmiles
kiwianabananarama
Lily
Kaitiakis_Mummy
QueenTiger
Taichimisty
Linda
Simona
KrystaBel
fynesthorse
sarahbunny
18 posters

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 Empty Re: Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Awesum story Kiwiana.....looking forward to part 2.....
    Is this wot they call a cliff hanger???....lol...heartily:)

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 Empty Re: Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Coming tonite people...xoxoxo...thanks for the kind words!!

but hey Otaki girl just registered today so make her welcome...oh but of course you will silly me...Her username is Carmenna and shes come to say hi already...oh but Stan looked at her heaps...adored her even....thats what i saw...in the Taupo Trenches!!! haha...

And yes i saw my Waitangi Day post ...THANK YOU MWAH!! xoxox huyya

Oh Hikoi has posted the BEST Taupo videos ppl!!Chk them owt!!!

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : um)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm

love iht kiwi ! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 333657
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Another great post kiwi... lol have you ever thought about writing, pro stuff gf? you got me all hooked up to your story ... .can't wait for the second part!

You saw the waitangi post? kewl! I just read that one too ....

Yes yes!Carmenna is here! hopefully will see her around the forums soon....... awwww I like that Stan liked you Carmenna ahahah Grin

hikoi, gisray, lily & hubby videos and story rock!!!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 am

Theres two sayings I like today...
    'Put more faith in yourself then nothing will ever be able to frighten or weaken you' and 'A powerful mind can have enemies, but not a peaceful heart.'Sri Chinmoy...

I've been avoiding writing this...could you tell?...coz I dunno...the more days that passed I felt unsure about what I wanted to share I guess...stupid really...and I was so enjoying Lily and Gizzys funny experiences...I guess mine seemed so UNreal...and coz I watched the different videos of that concert on yt (coz theres a few now) and sometimes I see my hand or my head or my camera...haha...but none of them really show what was happening at the front of stage in the 'Taupo Trenches'....even in MY videos...guess coz I'm a pro at holding my arm still...haha...but it was an experience I'll never forget...

Its been exactly one month today that we were at the Taupo concert! I was so excited!! Excited to meet Hikoi sisters and bro-in-law...Excited about that divine 'best i've ever been in' river and how awesome it was bombing and swinging off the ropes while being serenaded by my Stanalicious....Excited that I would hear and see Stan in concert again...Extremely excited to be at the front centre of stage...yet again...yaaaay!!

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 913396

But it all went crazy!! Those teens slammed me and my mate and my son into the barrier so hard...I couldnt move, couldnt breathe really...barely had a chance to get my camera ready...they were kinda pulling my hair...on my back...kneeing my legs...elbowing my side... Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 887717 ...
    I couldnt believe how closed in I was...I looked both ways and we all seemed to have the same look on our faces...haha...sardines!!!...but worse there were waves of pushing and everytime it came, my top came forward...exposing...*well you dont wanna know~sucuriiteee!!*...hahaha...omg...I didnt know what was worse actually.....and Stan hadnt even come out yet..
    but the band was cool...Mike is awesome on electric guitar....5 piece band was very good...and Taya and Ashley...they are beautiful...with beautiful voices!
    cheerleader

"Its too late to apologiiiiize...."...yea thats right teens its too late...haha naa Taya and Ash started singing that and Im recording and thinking...Im not going to let these teens ruin this for me...then out came Stan...omgosh the earsplitting screaming... but omg he looks SOOO handsome...and his tat on his right hand...mmm gawgess...but yep as soon as he came out the teen mexican wave pushed me harder into the barrier...my ribs took it the worse...ouch ...and i felt arms on my head...cameras and mobiles by my face...omg...are they for frikken real!!!...but I wanted to enjoy Stan...He danced with Ashley...busting their beyonce moves...haha...they were GREAT!! Stans butt is pretty bootee-licious...mmm...so I concentrated on that!!...haha...no not his butt!! haha...the whole Stan!! haha...no I mean him...his 12 songs...all superb to me...and I did my best to capture it all on video...Stan looked a little tired...pants a bit loose...lol...and I touched his hand a couple of times when he came past...but all the while the constant pushing and shoving...my legs were shaking from the strain...and twice Stan came to shake hands and I'm like ...'no Stan! no dont!'..shaking my head...coz everyone behind me thought he was trying to shake their hands(haha maybe he was)...so the lunge~mexican wave~forward made it harder to breathe again...... Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 594917
    Okay so i did kinda turn and yell a few things...but I physically hurt now...and someones watch yanked out my hair...Oh I so wanted to kill somebody...haha...

I thanked the security guy while this was all going on..haha...he braced the barrier with his back(my hero!)..and pushed against the front of stage...Me and Carmenna were very grateful...coz if he wasnt there...that barrier would have gone down and us too...and i'm certain those behind me would have trampled over us and mobbed Stan for sure!! But the security guy was the man!...he yelled at the ones behind us to stop pushing...they didnt listen. There was another security who pulled a girl out...and came into the crowd to sort out the pushing but all he did was make things worse...and thats how a teenager got in front of me...and I didnt take a full recording of one of Stans songs...but that was near the end of the concert...so alguds! terminator

I could see quite clearly during the concert that Stan had the hots for Carmenna...he sung to her, smiled at her heaps..gave her his bottle of H2go water(it was unopened)..shook her hand.. I was jealous...ahahahahaha...naa jokes!!!

Stan was the man again...he sang like an angel...even a little flat on one song..he always sounds good to me!...haha...he had that brilliant smile...danced funny sometimes...kinda fobbish...but I like that ...haha...if you check out 'It only happens when I look at you' that was one of my favourites...coz he cracked me up with his dancing...such a sweetie he is...Oh and Smash into me(not you..me!)...lol...another favourite...looking so cute in his LWR denim vest, LWR white tee, Matakana pants(get new pants Stan~haha), leather boots.
    Erana Clarke backed him up on one song...shes cool...miss 'heatwave'..if you've ever seen that video of her...haha...old skool stylez...Stan did a tribute to the victims of Haiti and there was a minute of silence! Hes absolutely amazing to me!

We had a great time regardless of the teens...it was the Taupo Trenches.. Hikoi aptly named it that...so cool gf!

After Stan left the stage...and the crowd finally moved off... I could breathe properly...my mates foot had been stuck under the barrier at some point so she was nursing that...son was fine...big strong boy he is....guess no one wanted to push him much...lol He said he managed to push everyone back and hold his ground...so no bruising for him...haha...only my mate, Carmenna...and me...with a line of bruises just above my ribs, 2 on the back of my left leg and on back and side...scratches on my shoulder...lol...WAR WOUNDS!! haha...funny now!

We chatted with lily and Gizz after the concert(they are so cool!)but couldnt get talked into joining us in the river for a night swim...haha...said goodbye to Carmenna reminding her to join SSFF and I saw my cousin. All the teens crowded the fence round the side, to see Stan...still screaming now and then...lol! We made our way to leave and as we left you could donate money to the victims of Haiti...so we did...

Yay!! back to the river...still had my bikini on...haha...so yeah...it was getting dark...and I was in...omg...the third best thing to happen that day...more swimming...heaps more bombs...more swinging from the rope...haha...I was talking to these canadians who thought Stan was okay...(they have funny ears)...haha...but they got talked into having a swim and a swing...the water was quite warm and soothing after the ordeal...hahaha...later we ate at Burger King...saw some friends we made at the river that day...had a laugh with them ....and journeyed back to Auckland...thanks for keeping me awake Superman and Hikoi with the txting...oops only made it to Huntly coz we were wasted...didnt mean to argue with the manager about an apple pie at Mcdonalds...haha...again tired! so thats where we slept that night...in the car behind McDonalds~Huntly...Son got the whole back seat!! but wonderful unforgettable memories of the day in Taupo...Stan and the river...and my new friends!! xo
    Group Hug
    Oh...yeah...the flash(sorri stan)...omg haha!

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes and colour...)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 pm

thanks kiwiana... was kinda waiting for this hehehehehe

so you flashed? security!!!! bahahahaha did he see it? the security? bahahahaah
    You got bruised, scratched, hair pulling... omg I wanna kick those teens' butt LOL so sorry you had to endure that gf but as you said Stan was there and he was awesome yeah!

I'd like to have a swimming in the river too aaaaaahhh and dive lol water is my element... wanna swimm noooowww hahahah!
    Thank you, thank you for the story and the videos!
    mwuah!
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 pm

flower kiwiwana...another great contribution... thanks heaps for sharing ur story - geez those trenches were quite an ordeal..poor u and Carmena!!

But HEY..u awsum gf!! xx flower
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

OMGSH Kiwiana you are amazing! we should nominate you for a PURPLE (RAIN) HEART for wounds received in the line of duty! LOL

Well done and to look at the videos you wouldn't know what you went through to get them. Well done i say!!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 am

Yay.....been waiting long time for your story buddy!!! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 163212

Sorry bout you bein' in the wars.....but....many thanx for your contribution....absolutely loved the story.....even when you were in the middle of the Stan stampede....lol...enjoyed it:)...laughed big time at the "wanna kill them" part....yep could imagine. LMAO
    Way to go buddy....wot a legend! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 333657

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 pm

hahaha...thanks guys!! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 5 913396

Simo...yes I wanna swim too!! ..ohmygosh I seriously hope he didnt see anything x-rated...honestly!!!
    Linda...Purple rain heart?...hahaha...I guess I shouldn't have thought all concerts are the same...Lily and Gizzy had the perfect spot that day...good on them!!
    Kryss...You and me at the Wellington concert gf...whenever he does one there...I'm coming!!
    Taichi...Happy Birthday this week gf...haha...yeah seriously I wanted to kill somebody...haha!!

love my SS!! xo
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 pm

@Kiwiana - DONE!! You me and Superman hahaha happy dance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 am