Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+3
Simona
inikamoze
sarahbunny
7 posters

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Empty [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales

Post by sarahbunny Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Stan Walker Scores Okay First Week Sales
    by Paul Cashmere - November 30 2009

Australian Idol V7.0 Stan Walker scored an okay but not great first week on the chart considering the song was only available for 4 days of the chart week.

‘Black Box’ by Stan Walker sold 15,533 units which was almost double the first week sales Wes Carr had last year with ‘You’. The Carr song sold 8,292 over the same period.

Walker debuted at number two behind Kei$ha ‘Tik Tok’ which sold 19,841 across a full seven days of sales.

As a physical disc, Stan Walker was at number one with 1,392 physical CDs sold in the 4-day period.

Stan Walker's debut album 'Introducing Stan Walker' will be released on December 14.

source credit: http://www.undercover.com.au/News

yaya go Stan thats pretty good for only 4 days...lets get him great sales buy buying more of his singles Big Smile

Last edited by Ataahua on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added source credit :))
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Empty Re: [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:19 pm

No too shabby at all! Congrats Stan! :cheers:

At least the physical CD will be easier to find this week lol!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Empty Re: [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales

Post by sarahbunny Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

true...im going friday to buy his single again Big Smile :lol:
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Well, That journo is a little confused me thinks [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Confused
    Stan's single was available for dwnl from sunday night... that's 7 days (full week) like Kei$ha ... and NOT 4 days only.... even that i thinkhe did very well especially compared to Wes who had a very good debut single...

On the physical sales he is right. The Cd was available at the shops only for 4 days and still scored no1 at the end of the week!!! That's excellent news!

finally, the debut album release date is the 11th of Dec... maybe he's confusing the OZ release date with the NZ one? [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_scratch

Man! that's one confusing article! [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Suspect
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Hmmmm. If they release it on 11 Dec that only gives it two days sales towards the ARIAs. Hopefully 14 Dec is the correct date :cheers:

Paul Cashmere has been harsh on the idols in the past - quite conciliatory of him to mention the short sales period. Razz
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 pm

I don't know, but in my view debuting at No. 2 overall is stlightly better than "OK".

Note where RickiLee's new single debuted.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Empty yay for stan

Post by todreaminblue Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm

He is doing alright i am vowing to buy everybody on my xmas list a cd single and the special ones i buy the album for....have to support our boy......;0)
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I will do that as well! I will go buy it and if they do not have it in the shops I will just order it from them! we have 3 malls not too far apart if I am really desperate
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Empty yes to pre order

Post by todreaminblue Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:41 am

have pre ordered my copy so i will get a signed copy for myself.....;0)....ill just buy from the shop as chissy pressies.....deb
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 am

I went to K-mart today .... no Balck Box cds on display, dispite the fact that most of the 30 Top singles rack was empty [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_scratch ... I asked the shop assistant and she knew nothing about "Black Box", she only reacted positively when i mentioned Stan Walker... "aah yes!" she said [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_wink

... I asked if there were any particular reasons why the SW cd was not on display and she said "oh! I just got it! haven't done it yet (display) it's still packed in the box at the back " [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Suspect
    I said "but it came out last week on wed..." ... embarassed look on her face [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_redface ..." yes, the album bla bla ... this week bla bla..." she bla bla something... I didn't understand...
    well I said "you should put it out there so ppl can find it easy".... [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales 745585

Same story at Target ... not on display [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_neutral

Then i went to Hi-Fi or something like that. They had finally put it on the shelves. There were few copies on display and I bought them all (5 [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_neutral ).

Ok, anyone wants a free copy of Black box?? I'll send to you if you can't find it in your city. [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_biggrin
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm going to Trax today - they have a big Top20 display, although Stan's wasn't there last week. Looking forward to seeing Stanley in the No. 2 position. Hopefully No.1 next week! :cheers:
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 pm

lmao Simona where do you go to find your Cd...you live in Melbourne yeah? But where abouts? Anywhere close to werribee plaza?
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 pm

hey sarah [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_biggrin

I went to Plenty Valley (westfield) Shopping Centre .... there was Santa hoo hoo hoo[30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_santa
    I live in the northern suburbs (mill park) [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_bounce

did you want a copy? [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Fresse
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Ok never heard of it, I know Westfield but I never knew where it was..I'm going Friday to the plaza to see what they have I got mine from Hp but I'll see if the plaza has some :) Simona I already got copy and I'm planning on buying two or 3 when I go dunno what I'll do with them though haha...I'll see thanks.
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Sold out in the two places I tried today - only option was to order it in. Will try again on Thursday somewhere else.

Have bought an iTunes voucher in case I have no luck by the end of the week. :roll:
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 pm

inikamoze wrote:Sold out in the two places I tried today - only option was to order it in. Will try again on Thursday somewhere else.

Have bought an iTunes voucher in case I have no luck by the end of the week. :roll:

Ini if you like you can PM me your mailing address. I'll send you a copy [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_biggrin

I bought spare ones in case you guys couldn't find it!

I wonder if Dreamy would like a copy too?

All those that want a copy PM your mailing addresses (NZ friends included) and I"ll send it today! [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_sunny
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Awwww thanks for the offer but I'll see how I go Thursday and Friday first. :flower:

I'm a woman on a mission! :cheers:

Although it's looking like a Mission Impossible at this stage affraid
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Simona7 wrote:
    inikamoze wrote:Sold out in the two places I tried today - only option was to order it in. Will try again on Thursday somewhere else.

Ini if you like you can PM me your mailing address. I'll send you a copy [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_biggrin

I bought spare ones in case you guys couldn't find it!

I wonder if Dreamy would like a copy too?

All those that want a copy PM your mailing addresses (NZ friends included) and I"ll send it today! [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_sunny

bought myself five copies from sanity am going down again this week and will buy as many as i am able too....;0)....give them as gifts simo for chrissy.....debxo
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:59 pm

LOL why does everyone buy from Sanity they rip you off lmao go jb or target or kmart Wink
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey Simo, I agree mate, i went everywhere K-Mart, Target JB none of them had in on their shelves for display or for selling. When i confronted them they said the same, we don't have any, or it not unpacked yet.
    I found only a few copies at BIG W. (Which i brought them all hahaha).

:cheers:
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Why do I get the feeling Sony underestimated his popularity? Perhaps they were basing the CD replication run on Wes' sales last year? BAD mistake!!! lol!

Last edited by RobynH99 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Wes' name from Was - on the other hand.......)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 pm

QueenTiger wrote:Hey Simo, I agree mate, i went everywhere K-Mart, Target JB none of them had in on their shelves for display or for selling. When i confronted them they said the same, we don't have any, or it not unpacked yet.
    I found only a few copies at BIG W. (Which i brought them all hahaha).

:cheers:

Yes, there's a general feeling of non-importance when you walk in a shop to buy Stan's single, at least here in my area.

One of the shop assistant even sarcastically said to me after being asked where the single was... "Stan Walker WHOOOO?" ... someone from the counter said "the guy from American idol " [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_neutral .... then corrected herself... "I mean australian idol" ... so the shop assistant went on again..."ah! and when did AI finish? [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales 745585 pff" with that expression like he couldn't care more.

..... so rude... it was like my request or his music wasn't important enough for his attention....

shuddup! i wanted to say! LOL [30.11.09]Stan walker scores okay first week sales Icon_evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm