Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+8
nick_93
Ataahua
sarahbunny
RobynO99
Maggie
kalaivani
josephineperrot
Simona
12 posters

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Empty [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony

Post by Simona Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 am

Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony 926047-stan-walker

Pitted against each other ... Stan Walker and Hayley Warner. AUSTRALIAN Idol runner-up Hayley Warner has signed with Sony Music, pitting her against series winner Stan Walker. [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_eek

Warner, 17, spoke excitedly to Insider at Thursday's ARIAs, saying she'd negotiated a contract with the label that also signed Walker.

"I just want to hit while the iron is hot," she said.

"Hayley has great enthusiasm and energy and brings a unique performance style that the public have really responded to. We look forward to working with her on her first album which will be released in 2010," Sony chairman and CEO Denis Handlin said.

Warner's first single will be Good Day, and will go head to head with Walker's debut single, Black Box.

source credit: The Daily Telegraph

P.S.
    Hayley just updated her status on her FB wall as follow:
    "Offically song recording artist!
    My single good day will be released on the 11th of December!
    Check it out..."

We all know the 11th of Dec Stan's first debut album will come out too.... [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_eek
    Sony is one money hungry company I reckon [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_twisted

your thoughts?? [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_scratch
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Empty Re: [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:08 am

[b] I am glad you did this site Simo and the other's that helped you at least we can say what we feel about the record label which sucks big time!! I saw JD's face when Stan was named the winner last Sunday and we know how he felt about Hayley. I do not really know if he wanted Stan to win or not but too bad so sad he did!! now they are pitting her against our Stan so f^^k them! I hardly ever swear but was so damn mad!! I have started a campaign in youtube and I hope all of you will go into the links with Stan's songs videoed in there and just paste the article what sony is doing and for them to support Stan if they dont want Hayley to top him..lol..stop the damn fighting in youtube which sickens me that both the country I am from and the one I live in are bickering about who owns Stan..so I have to tell them to stop damn fighting and buy his damn music instead of carrying on like sewer mouth kids in youtube..
    sorry guys just so peed off..but like i said to Simo be like voting but harder to promote buying and supporting STan
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Empty Re: [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 am

i hope Stan does so damn well that he can pick and choose one day who he will produce his records but to do that we have to make him excel!
    I know it's not Hayley's fault but heck still shes the competition like anyone else who has a record out more so because Sony has actually ripped Stan off big time with the dec 11th
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:20 am

josephineperrot wrote:i hope Stan does so damn well that he can pick and choose one day who he will produce his records but to do that we have to make him excel!
    I know it's not Hayley's fault but heck still shes the competition like anyone else who has a record out more so because Sony has actually ripped Stan off big time with the dec 11th

Absolutely peed off!!!! big time.
    Looks like we have to go through another repeat of the finale?
    I'm very confident Stan's Black Box will top the charts,and wharever it takes to get it up there! its a promise!I've sent Stan's idol songs to my sisters in the U.S. One sister wrote"OMG, what a voice, what a talent.I got goosebumps listening to him.I hope his future will not be tainted again.With fame comes destructive behaviours too.We pray that he will not strayed by vulchers"
    I'm p--- off, why 11th of Dec, to release Hayley's single?
    Maggie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Empty Another finale indeed

Post by Maggie Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:50 am

Can't believe Sony are pitting Stan against Hayley! Releasing her so called 'winners single' against the actual WINNER!! What an insult to Stan.

JD is so transparent. What a jerk.

I have no doubt Stan will outsell Hayley when his album is out in December.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 am

I hate to go against the tide, but I think it is a good thing. I love Stan, I think he is wonderful, but I also liked Hayley. I suggested a while ago on the Idol forum that Australian Idol would be better if both singles got released - like a second prize/silver medal for the runnerup.

I believe Hayley and Stan have primarily two different markets - yes, there will be some who like both artists - I do - but I'm a bit like JD - I have all genres of music in my collection (except rap and opera!).

I voted for Stan, I did not vote for Hayley - but I am pleased to see they signed her.

OK - the timing of the releases are a bit off, I agree with that - but this IS a marketing exercise and Christmas is coming up. Stan will get album sales for Christmas, Hayley only a single - so Stan still has the advantage.

I think his album will go to the top of the album charts, and yes, Hayley's single may top the singles charts, but Stan's is already on the top of a lot of charts - no song stays there forever, so perhaps the timing is not so bad after all.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 am

By the way - I actually think Stan will be thrilled for her!

Last edited by RobynH99 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo - I need to learn to proof read)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 am

I'm really really really annoyed at this they should have given Stan some time in the limelight before releasing Haley what was the point of having a winner and a winners single if both the winners singles are going to be released...Hopefully Stan will outshine Haley and sells more Albums and Singles cus Stan is only at number 2 on the aria charts right now and number 1 for most downloaded Big Smile
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 am

I'm totally with you on this one, Robyn. and I especially agree with this:
    RobynH99 wrote:By they way - I actually think Stan will be thrilled for her!

I don't think anybody else will see this as 'competition' except fans...and if the media gets a whiff of it and blow it all out of proportion...well that just won't be fair for either Stan or Hayley.

let's just wait and see what happens. Support Stan with all we've got and leave Hayley out of it. It's probably just the thing Sony wants anyway. a fan-war....free publicity....drive up sales....
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:33 pm

What is the point in either of them winning if they were both going to release their 'winners singles' around the same time? I mean, I know Stan gets the $200,000 fund and stuff but it's a bit unfair.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:17 pm

[b] I think Sarah put in a context it suppose to be a few months after the winner's album comes out that they usually do another contestant and I still think a bit unfair to Stan who has not even wet his feet been the winner of idol. I can see the point that be good for both singles to be released but I do not believe so quickly and on the date the launch his journey album..but on another note! I agree with Robyn and Tes is that I think they are scared the hayley heat will cool down if they do not release it quickly!!! so that could be the reason for the sudden single of her's been release. I am sure Stan will be happy for her but I do not believe he will be that happy knowing it goes out the same time as his album!
    and Kalaivani I am going to send his single and album to my daughter in London shes just moved there from the south of france! so spread the music
    Nick and Maggie just have to make sure Stan excels
    thanks guys you are such great fans

Robyn are you still going to the USA? if I forgot have a safe journey and a lovely xmas and NY and keep coming in here so we know what your up too? lol..where are you going? I have been to San Jose / florida loved the USA
    and the people were very friendly

ps ..don't worry about typos i am shocking at posts
    xx
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Josephine, yes, I am leaving on the 13th December. Landing in San Jose, would you believe! My fourth trip - hate the plane ride - too long for any sane person.

This trip is half business, half personal.

Taking 4 copies of Stan's album with me to give to friends and colleagues to spread the word. I am NOT emailing the single to people as I don't believe that is the best representation of his voice - I'm liking the single more as I listen to it more and I DO like the lyrics, but I'd have preferred to hear his first single showcase his voice more than Black Box does.
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm actually fine with them signing and releasing Hayley so quickly - her style is completely different to Stan.

I spent a lot of money voting for Stan because I wanted to see him win - and wasn't it wonderful? - but from now on he is a recording artist and will be up against all other recording artists on the charts.

I'm so happy he won - got the car, got the grant and got my heart :flower: And I get an album in 12 days!

I've followed the posts of a couple of idol fans over the years - they've never let go of the Casey v Anthony competition (and bitterness). I definitely don't want to end up like that.

Viva la competition! :cheers:
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Hey, Ini - agree totally - they are up against a world of artists, not each other. Idol is one thing - but the "real world" is an entirely different kettle of fish where they will both stand or fall on their own merits against international artists. As we can see from the ARIA charts today.
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Stan's the first idol that I've supported vote-wise / non-vote wise who has actually won. I'm just on cloud 9 with that alone!

I can understand how it doesn't seem right to sign and release Hayley so soon but it's personally not an issue with me because I consider the idol component and the recording career to be two separate things.

Go Stan! :cheers:
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Empty Stan will be happy for hayley but i am ticked

Post by todreaminblue Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 pm

lol i know that stan will be ahppy for hayley and i am happy hayley got signed i have a problem with release dates though.....no other winner of australian idol had to contend with the runner up on the charts and i dont see why it should be any other way....even the day after would have been better than the first release.....he should have his moment ......i guess he has had many actually.not sure why i am so racked off abotu it......its a defense thing i think.......and i do have a good feeling about stans release on december 11th.....buble put it best when he sang....i'm feelin good......because i think stan will be feelin good december 11th....deb
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 am

Agree with your comments there, Robyn, I don't think Black Box showcases his voice the best either, but I have been surprised at the amount of people who I thought would hate it, actually love it.

I have found it looping in my head from time to time though, haha. However, he could sing the phone book and Fahrenheit 451, (the most boring book I ever had to study at school) and I swear it would still sound good. He is able to find notes that I have never heard another artist in his field find. This was evidenced in his performance of Superstar. That is the uniqueness of Stan.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:09 am

I loved San Jose I stayed in a small mission town there with a part mexican friend and her family! I went to Monterey and stayed 2 days in Carmel as well! I loved the mexican food over there and I loved going to buffets since I love food lol..you keep safe and have a great time! you will have to tell us what they said about our Stan's albums

yes I can tell the Anthony and Casey thing is still stewing in the forum on the idol site! I think that was the last time we had idol in NZ and i read that channel 10 refused to buy American idol how sucky is that? love both shows!! NZ preferred to buy the American idol for better ratings, I think with Stan in the show this season they did alright with ratings over there hopefully Nick will tell us!! I think a lot of blame why there is bitterness with the Anthony and Casey issue is the fans felt betrayed by the record company and that they did not support Casey! all i care about is Stan living his dream and doing well and buying his albums lol..like you ini his the only idol bar the first NZ idol I have voted for , even though I voted for nathan as well this season

Hi debs, yes I was more upset about the date issue then anything else! but I think from what other's have said we will still buy his album and just have to see if the record label did a good or bad move with the dates for both
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 am

josephineperrot wrote:[b] I am glad you did this site Simo and the other's that helped you at least we can say what we feel about the record label which sucks big time!! I saw JD's face when Stan was named the winner last Sunday and we know how he felt about Hayley. ...
    sorry guys just so peed off..but like i said to Simo be like voting but harder to promote buying and supporting STan
    Hey Josie [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin
    I can tell you were really annoyed at that time. Thanks for passing the info on btw.
    I congratz Hayley on her wall that night but had a bitter taste feel in my fingers after typing it.
    About JD's face... I noticed that too but couldn't care less 'cause Stan was the winner. Hails' reaction to the winner announcement was really confident... me thinks she knew she would have been signed anyway and wanted her best buddy Stan to bask in the glory of the AI win.... I think she was genuine.
    So, here she is now signed to Sony, which confirms my suspections on her pre-idol deal... btw this is only my opinion.
    p.s
    I see you were fired up josie, don't worry, you can use naughty words [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_twisted I'll apply auto censoring, btw a bit of colorful language never killed anyone [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_wink
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:14 pm

[quote="kalaivani]
    I've sent Stan's idol songs to my sisters in the U.S. One sister wrote"OMG, what a voice, what a talent.I got goosebumps listening to him.I hope his future will not be tainted again.With fame comes destructive behaviours too.We pray that he will not strayed by vulchers"[/quote]

wow! these are great compliments for Stan! I see your sista feels the same we do. Should get her to join the SS forum. Love her wise words. She would be an asset to this forum [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin

[quote="kalaivani]I'm p--- off, why 11th of Dec, to release Hayley's single?[/quote]

about the release dates [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_neutral ... even though I still can't do the happy pokemon face ( [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_arrow [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Alien ) [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Kopfschuettel I think that Stan's single would have been out for 3 weeks on the 11th.... It's selling well atm (no.2 ARIA Chart [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_cheers ) so.... the 11th the album will come out and the buyers will focus on that while Hayley might have her great moment releasing her single.

The genres are completely different... plus a lot of ppl, even not die hard fans like us, have been longing to buy Stan's Album, more than buying his single...

[28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 pm

RobynH99 wrote:
    I believe Hayley and Stan have primarily two different markets
    good point Robyn! [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin

I think his album will go to the top of the album charts, and yes, Hayley's single may top the singles charts, but Stan's is already on the top of a lot of charts - no song stays there forever, so perhaps the timing is not so bad after all.[/quote]
    agree with you Robyn well said.. i was making the same point in a previous post [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:43 pm

inikamoze wrote:I'm actually fine with them signing and releasing Hayley so quickly - her style is completely different to Stan.

I spent a lot of money voting for Stan because I wanted to see him win - and wasn't it wonderful? - but from now on he is a recording artist and will be up against all other recording artists on the charts.

I'm so happy he won - got the car, got the grant and got my heart :flower: And I get an album in 12 days!

I've followed the posts of a couple of idol fans over the years - they've never let go of the Casey v Anthony competition (and bitterness). I definitely don't want to end up like that.

awww ini ... i feel every word you said... your positivity is refrehing [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_flower .... love your work as usual!

.... having said that i want to make clear: I don't mind see the forum members getting fired up... it adds to the lively spirit of this forum.... I don't even mind to "wear my armour" sometime to face "the threats" [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_cool
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 pm

todreaminblue wrote:i have a problem with release dates though.....
    .not sure why i am so racked off abotu it......its a defense thing i think.......deb

that's the armour I was talking about deb... it's an inbuilt defense system and it comes from our soul.

we are both passionate, i am also a bit crazy and impulsive which makes out a really dangerous combination at times! [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_twisted [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_tongue but hey! makes my life a little more interesting [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_farao

luv ya deb! [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_biggrin
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

SAGirlie wrote:Agree with your comments there, Robyn, I don't think Black Box showcases his voice the best either, but I have been surprised at the amount of people who I thought would hate it, actually love it.

He is able to find notes that I have never heard another artist in his field find. This was evidenced in his performance of Superstar. That is the uniqueness of Stan.

I think Black Box show cases his high range... Stan mentioned that it was a challenging song to sing... it has a very high register.

Having said that I think I understand what you Girlie are saying when you talk about Superstar (my favourite idol song, I listen to it every day [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Herz ). Those are the vocals I'd like Stan to do in his songs and Black Box didn't offer much options for him to do that.... (smooth, velvety, sexy grrr sounds) ... Also It's a man's world ... love his vocals there! omg... tops!
    Finally, i found Black Box a little over produced with too many sound effects on Stan voice...wt? he does NOT need that!
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Simona7 wrote:
    inikamoze wrote:I'm actually fine with them signing and releasing Hayley so quickly - her style is completely different to Stan.

awww ini ... i feel every word you said... your positivity is refrehing [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_flower .... love your work as usual!

.... having said that i want to make clear: I don't mind see the forum members getting fired up... it adds to the lively spirit of this forum.... I don't even mind to "wear my armour" sometime to face "the threats" [28.11.09] Idols Walker and Warner sign to Sony Icon_cool

Oh absolutely! A lively forum is a good one and I've got no problem with armour wearing fans! :cheers: lol!

I tend to let a lot go through to the keeper. As Lt Worf said "Thinking about what you can't control only wastes energy and creates its own enemy."

So, you probably won't find me arcing up over a lot of things but I've got no problem if other fans do - everyone is entitled to feel what they feel and enthusiastic support is great so go for it! As long as no one minds me lobbing in the odd "meh, I'm fine with it" occassionally. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 pm