Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Stan Walker: doing his own thing

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan Walker: doing his own thing Empty Stan Walker: doing his own thing

Post by Simona Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:45 am

Stan Walker: doing his own thing
    Hundreds of music fans swamped an Auckland shopping mall last night, for the chance to meet Kiwi-born Aussie Idol winner Stan Walker.

Walker, 19, won the contest in 2009, and is in New Zealand to promote his new album.

He was a little late though, having mislaid his passport, missing three flights from Australia has a result. And he didn't sing, but he did sign autographs.

Walker told ONE News it's good to be home.

"It's always a buzz for me," he said of the screaming fans.

The singer is keen to step away from the Australian Idol spotlight and do his own thing, but the show that made him famous would have been largely responsible for the crowd at Sylvia Park last night.

He says his second album - From the Inside Out - is an insight into what makes up the Maori teenager, originally from Tauranga.

Whereas his first album was all covers from Australian Idol, his second is all originals that reflect him and his personality.

"It's who i am, what I represent. This is me, this is all of me, whether you like it or not. Take me as I am," he said.

He said the album also reflects his Maori roots.

"My heart is for indigenous people. My heart is for my own people. I love coming back and being... you know, Maori.. and make a way for Maori people in some way.

"I got my voice from being Maori. From my mum and dad, and my nannies and koro, and just being brought up on the marae.

"We we used to live on the marae so just listening to my aunties and uncles sing, at tangis, at birthdays, at dinners, everywhere singing and it was a big influence."

And while he can't pick a favourite from the new album, he is proud of a collaboration with Kiwi hip-hop artist Young Sid, entitled Stuck in a Box, perhaps harking back to his hit Idol song Little Black Box.

"It not only tells his story, but it tells mine too. He's the man. So it's just awesome to work with him.. mean mean Maori mean.. New Zealand act, so yeah privileged."

ONE News Extra: See the extended interview with Stan Walker and interviews with fans from last night here ---> https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/tv-and-radio-interviews-f11/one-news-extra-interview-t719.htm#15846

credit source: http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/stan-walker-doing-his-own-thing-3743544

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:01 am