Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+5
Gisray
Simona
josephineperrot
Hikoi
Linda
9 posters

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it?

Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Empty Re: Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it?

Post by Linda Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 am

My personal preference for him to collaborate with would be something like........
    Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Beyonce, Guy Sebastian, Jordin Sparks, John Legend,
    Will Smith

I'd really like to see him do something with Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte and The Boob!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Empty Sony's Stable of Stars, who's in it?

Post by Hikoi Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:19 am

If Stan is to do (if he’s very lucky) any collaborations in the future, odds on they would be with fellow Sony artists. So, looking into the Sony Stable, there are some interesting names.

Anyway, here’s a small sample of the talent that Sony possess. Now, I’m obviously a bit of a nana, so please feel free to add any of the new popular artists names to the list…

Alexandra Burke
    Alicia Keys
    Anastacia
    Avril Lavigne
    Beyonce
    Brandy
    Carrie Underwood
    Chris Brown
    Christina Aguilera
    Destiny’s Child
    Guy Sebastian
    Jennifer Lopez
    Jordin Sparks
    John Legend
    Justin Timberlatke
    Kely Clarkskon
    Kelly Rowland
    Kings of Leon
    Leona Lewis
    Michelle Williams
    Natasha Bedingfield
    R.Kelly
    Sean Kingston
    Shakira
    Toni Braxton
    Usher
    Will Smith

bounce

Last edited by Hikoi on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Empty Re: Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it?

Post by josephineperrot Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am

I bet they wished they had Susan boyle on their lable right about now lol..shes with columbia music I think..but they have a wonderful list..is Pink not on their label as well?
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:45 am

My picks (if Stan collaborates with someone of those) will be:
    Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Christina Aguilera, Guy Sebastian and John Legend

The collaboration with Guy was superb... i love what Guy brought out of Stan's potential... wanna see more of that for sure!
    of course Stan would love to collabo with Beyonce. I like her but not as much as he does Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Lol

I will add some others if I find them
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi all,
    Happy New year to you all. Sony has a diverse stable of stars and labels under them. Pink is Sony and so is Susan Boyle. Columbia Nashville is a label under Sony as well and would also include Carrie Underwood. Michael Jackson was with Sony and Epic with Epic being a label of Sony.
    Son y is one of the top 4 music companies in the world. Part of their stable include:

Keisha -TikTok
    Shakira
    Britney Spears
    Pink
    Pitbull etc.

However, there is one type of performer Sony lack. Young male, Soul singers. There is a huge gap in the music market with the passing of James Brown and Michael Jackson. When you look at the music charts, it is predominately dominated by female heavyweight artists (which why Hayley is up against heavy competition) but there are few young male soul singers.

R&B have drifted more to rap and hiphop and this is filled by the likes of Chris Brown and Kanye West(both Sony) but no males who can sing. This is the huge untapped market in the US and this is why Simon Cowell is trying to cross Joe McElderry to US. Stan fits this market(the US market), which also includes the latin pop market.

Would Soul America or the Latin market gravitate to Joe McElderry?
    No. He is a nice kid and good voice but he can't fill this particular market like Stan and his singing can.
    The thing is that Stan can really sing with emotion and musically he is very clever. This is why he can sing different genres and put his own signature on it.

Not only this, but he sings with a timeless message of Hope that crosses genres and generations.
    Have a happy New Year!!

Last edited by Gisray on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey Gisray! I don't think we've met. Linda be me :)
    Nice posting. I agree with you.. Stan has HUGE potential out there, they just have to market him appropriately. I see some huge things in his future and breaking into the US, Britian & Europe is inevitable given the right marketing!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Gisray wrote:
    R&B have drifted more to rap and hiphop and this is filled by the likes of Chris Brown and Kanye West(both Sony) but no males who can sing.

I agree too Gisray! And at the moment, Chris Brown is on the outer with the public because of punching Rhianna! And Kanye West bullish behaviour when he took over Taylor Swift's "acceptance" speech? All I can say is neither one of them are exactly "flavour of the month" now are they? Lol!

Thats one of the things I really enjoy about Stan. He doesnt try to have the "it" factor or run with the "in-crowd", he says "I'm just me! and I'm just like you".

Sony must be salivating at the possibilities this young up and comer has!

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Gisray Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_biggrin great post!

You made very good points.

1. Didn't cross my mind before that the Sony Stable hadn't a rep from the soul genre. That positions Stan is a very interesting "zone" within Sony Stable of Stars.
    In regard to this I was thinking, is Guy Sebastian listed in the soul genre at all? or is he R&B, Motown maybe? We haven't heard Stan's original music yet so it's hard to compare them. We know Stan is a soul singer but then will he do or will sony produce soul music for him?

2. Agree that Stan would fit the USA soul market niche. Also the Christian Audience would be very accessable for Stan as he is Christian and loves singing gospel.
    Regarding Joe I also doubt his marketabily in USA. He might come accross a bit like a copy cat of some boy-band singer (no offence, just trying to categorise his genre) and USA has plenty of those singers and same UK I have to say. Having said that he is a wonderful and inspirational kid just like Stan and they both deserve their success. I just think Stan has a clear winner over Joe in USA marketabily.

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_flower
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Nice to meet you Linda,Simona and Hikoi!

Al Green was interviewed by Grant Smithies(Sunday Star Times-[escape]) on the eve of his NZ tour via Memphis. The interview was titled “A visit to Planet Al”. Unfortunately , it is not online at the moment but there were a couple of paragraphs that I thought you may find interesting.

“After all, most other great singers from the heyday of Soul are no longer with us. Marvin Gaye, James Brown Lou Rawls, Ester Phillips, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, Nina Simone, Sam Cooke, Mahalia Jackson, Ray Charles-all gone, but Reverend Al Green is still going strong at 63.

“That’ true! Al still here but a lot have passed on. It’s a mixed bag. Aretha Franklin is still here, who’s fantastic. So is Lionel Ritchie. A lot of those other singers you mention, I was one of the same kids on the same block, you know. There was a lot of competition between us.

“Everybody was knockin’ heads to make a place for themselves. Sam Cooke wasn’t giving up any room. Marvin Gaye wasn’t giving up any room, or Otis or Mr. Brown. It’s the same today in pop and Hip-hop. Everybody’s out there to create their own brand and protect it, you know but they can’t mess with Al Green. I been doin’ this here for a while, and don’t nobody try to be Al Green but me. They might sample my records and put some rap to it, but they ain’t gonna try and sing like me,’ cos they cain’t. No, sir! There’s only one Al Green.”

Note: This is me… Not only do Sony lack a young male soul singer but ALL the other recording companies do. Which is why the Madden Bros, Pete Wentz and Buble are so keen about Stan and his voice. HUGE market potential!
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Gisray wrote:
    Note: This is me… Not only do Sony lack a young male soul singer but ALL the other recording companies do. Which is why the Madden Bros, Pete Wentz and Buble are so keen about Stan and his voice. HUGE market potential!

Oh oh oh oh I am so rubbing my hands together excited about Stans possibilities!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:14 pm

OK, you R&B/Soul fans - what about Jonathan Butler and Luther Vandross? Luther has passed, but he was VERY popular in the USA and none of the current crop fill that void.

Also, how many of you remember Hot Chocolate? Now they had some great songs which I reckon Stan could rearrange and they could just about be hits again.

Gisray is right about Marvin Gaye - and that is the sort of market I reckon Stan could capture.

However, as I have said before - let's not send him into the USA market raw - let him get established in Oceania first, et hi find his "professional" feet so when he attempts to crack that market he is ready.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

nice find Gisray Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_wink and very interesting, kinda validates your point about Sony lacking soul singers in its Stable!

now, will this (the fact that sony hasn't produced soul singers for a while especially Sony OZ) make things hard for Sony producing a soul album? (for Stan of course) have they got the skills, the connections or whatever is needed it to promote it?

JD (sony) said that producing Stan would have been easier for him than producing Hails because he had connections that better suited stan's genre ....

Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_question
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Ooooh! I loved that Jonathan Butler song "lies"... Big Smile
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm

are Butler , Vandross and all the rest mentioned in the soul genre with sony? or have they been? Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_scratch

cause we are discussing who is in Sony Stable of Stars.... me Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Confused
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I'd have to pull out the actual CDs - LOL - and I rip all mine to my computer and then file the actual CDs away.

I'll admit I might have been a bit off topic - LOL. I was thinking more of the current hole in the market Stan could/will fill, collaboration or not.

Put it down to jet lag!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 pm

ok, done some research Sony's Stable of Stars, who's on it? Icon_study

Vandross has been with: Cotillion, Epic, Virgin, J, Legacy
    J. Butler is currently with: Rendezvous Entertainment (maybe indipendent or his own label?)

so again, validate the point of sony Stable lacking of big soul numbers atm?

Stan must sound deliciously $$$ *coughs* marketable to the Sony USA...
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Vandross is passed - as in deceased - even bigger hole in the market!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Gisray and welcome to the forum!!!!! ☀
    Niiiiice posts.....looooove the information.... ❤
    .......huge possibilities for Stan....
    just what I like to hear.....anything is possible!!!

Can hardly contain my excitement for Stan.....waaahoooo!!! :cheers:

Taichi
    IAmJustSuperman
    IAmJustSuperman
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by IAmJustSuperman Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

I have been saying this forever.. But Stan has to sing with Leona Lewis!!!!

She's super beautiful and has the kind of voice that would compliment Stan perfectly.. She has power and wonderful melody just like Stan..
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm

omg carrie underwood! i love her.
    hmm.. but come to think of it, i dont think her style of music would match with stan's. but yeah, stan's super clever and can sing any style of music. who knows. gosh stan and carrie. that'd be so cool. and they both love Jesus. smile
    anywho, i totally agree with u guys. stan and alicia, BEYONCE!, christina aguilera, guy sebastian, jordin sparks, john legend, leona lewis. magic Big Smile
    although stan alone is already magic Big Grin2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 am