Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+9
QueenTiger
Simona
fynesthorse
Taichimisty
Gisray
inikamoze
Linda
kiwianabananarama
Hikoi
13 posters

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Post by Lily Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

It took me days to get over that concert…guess it shows my age.

I like Gisray will never forget the tweens screaming, they were about 6 – 16yrs. I was looking at some cute little 6, 7, 8yrs old right next to me we were smiling back and forth, all clean, sweet and wholesome looking, the next thing they burst into screaming little divas!! I couldn’t believe it, the sound was high pitch and definitely ear piercing, I was bewildered, WHAT JUST HAPPENED??
    I turned dazed eyes to my hubby who was in the trenches. Just prior we were smiling and making goo goo eyes at each other, lol (I know yuck) , then the crowd erupted. It was soooo funny my hubby looked all calm and peaceful, like not a worry in the world, he was doing this for his wife (cuz she whined non-stop, lol) .
    But when he saw the teens coming, his face transformed into mounting horror, lol. That was the last time I saw him before he was swallowed up by all the craziness. I just made out his hand going up with the camera, and the other hand showing 4 fingers.

Translation:, “I’ll do 4 songs then Im outta here!!”

I felt like yelling back “Suck it up” LOL and “Don’t wimp out!”

But I don’t’ blame him. It was a war zone.
    Hubs said he was right against the barrier, trying to hold his ground, with his arm straight up holding the camera high above everyone, but the crazy kids kept bumping and pushing him. He turned side on to try to get a better view, and before u knew it a girl about 10yrs wriggled her little body into the gap and then somehow got in front of him, he couldn’t believe it, lol. He turned the camera on her thinking she might move back, but the cheeky thing waved into the camera….lol we are definitely too old for this.

It must have looked really weird with all the teenagers, older females and a few young teenager boys in the mosh pit, and then my very mature husband there. …mmmmm . No wonder hubs, Stan didn’t make eye contact with u in the mosh pit, lol.

Gisray has given u good account of how the singing went. A Mans World was definitely the best, and seemed a notch above all the over songs. I really am impressed with his lower range also. Theres not much of it, but when he sings it is effortless. He seems to be trying to hit the higher register more and more. A lot of songs Beyonces sings are not easy to sing at all and I think he strains a bit at those really high parts, but it should improve with practice, maturity and experience.

He also looks more at ease on the stage, getting use to the crowd and relaxing more. Sometimes on idol he looked uncomfortable, but I didn’t notice it at Taupo. His band should improve and same with the backup vocals, and they will learn a lot from each concert experience.

Its also good seeing his family there. He has a lot of support, and that’s important for Stan, he will need it. I spotted Nashon, Mike and Russ? And heaps more rellies. And April was there, according to my hubby, but I didn’t see her out front. (He met her out back, but Ill tell u bout that later).
    Stan is still only young and I was amazed at all the hard work that goes into these concerts.

I got the feeling that’s why hes doing a lot of work in NZ. Hes learning his trade, and learning from any mistakes. Hes gaining experience and getting better and better at his job. The whole Team will be looking to improve.

I asked my hubby what he would add, he said “They wouldn’t like what I say, you would have the forum fans after me”, lol. But I thought I would still add some of his thoughts here…

1. He didn’t sing long enuff. Probably 50mins.

2. They had sound difficulities, so it was muffled. But the band before Stans was clear.

3. Too much background noise. Hubby said the band before Stan had only 3 guitarists and a drummer. Stan had more instruments and noise. In his opinion he either has to cut it down to Acoustics so u hear his voice without any background noise or a orchestral type band, where the music arrangement dosent intrude over his voice.

4. He was orange, (my critique) lol. At 1st I thought he got one of his whanau to do the makeup, lol. And I kept repeating to my Sis, he’s so orange! She started calling him Stangelo, lol, sorry Stan she has no manners. But then we saw on the video footage, that there are side lights on the stage, and one of them is orange! That must be an one shining directly on his face. So note to Stans Team, fix up the lights bro, hehe.

5. Hubby rated it a 7 out of 10 overall. But thought for a family concert, it was very cheap and worthwhile.

Meeting Kiwi would have to be one of the highlights of the day! I was really shy about meeting her, and I was kinda hiding leaving it up to my sisters to meet her . I saw Gisray texting back and forth with Hikoi and Kiwi, and I was happy to be outta the picture, hehe. Gisray was filling me in with the texts, then I glanced over her shoulder and saw my name Lily jump out…arrgh traitor, the sneaky so and so was using my name pretending they were from me, LOL.
    But Im so glad we got to meet her, she is Da Bomb! A Very friendly, enthusiastic , happy go lucky and bubbly person. We all hugged each other heaps. Shes soooo funny. We also met her lovely son, hes a good boy, going with his Mum! I hope we will meet you again Kiwi, thanks for welcoming this newbie concert goer!! It was Awesome.

Finally… just prior to the concert, we had arrived early bout 4.45 to get primo seats. We set up our possie and hubby stayed to man it in the heat, MAN it was hot…(the climate not my husband…um actually.. LOL, just kidding my sistahs will be spewing now!).
    Anyhow, then he went back to the car and grabbed some shorts to go swim in the river and cool off, maori boi lol. When he was walking down to the bank 2 young guys were getting out and coming towards him. One looked a bit like Stan Walker, hubs wasn’t sure, and by this time they’ve passed him. He thought, I know how to tell if its him, check his butt!! LOL…YOU DID NOT!! I said. “Yup” he said “he had on rugby shorts…and No he does not have a big butt, but it was him.”

My hubby like my sistahs has no shame either!!

He carried on down to the river and who was there… April Walker. Hubby knew her face from TV, lol, (but not Stans so much, must be cuz were around the same age as her?). He asked her hows the water. She said the water in NZ is much colder than Ossie, and that this is her 1st swim in New Zealand since shes been back…and it was beautiful!

He told me later when he came back that he chatted to her. I didn’t believe him for a moment, cuz hes always winding me up and I fall for it, but not this time buddy, Im no fool!.... later on Stan said he and Nashon? had gone for a swim in the river, just before the concert... LOL...I swear I set myself up!

Overall it was a really enjoyable weekend away, Stans concert of course being the main feature for me and my Sis and meeting Kiwi. Food was the priority for my Hubs, lol.
    We all enjoyed our time together, and how could we top of our evening after Stan?...well go to a good restaurant for a mean feed…then end it with Euka (cards) back at the hotel!!!!!

So Thank you to everyone for all ur kind comments, its been fun sharing our stories with u all!

God Bless.

Gisray: My arms are really old, sorry I meant really tired by now…( I have the tone of a marshmallow!LOL)... I should of hit the Gym in prep for all this!
    Sis… NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!! Urve put me off marshmallows for life!!! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 158573 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 158573
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Post by Linda Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:38 am

OMg you girls are the absolute bombs! did you get a group photo? we should have like a wall of fame because what you girls did for the forum and then retelling it was amazing. Hats off to all you guys!

btw I play a mean misere hand PMSL
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:02 pm

ahahhaah thanks girls! had so much fun reading your story... once again it was as we were there!
    thank you for hte feedbacks on the performance, I am sure there will be improvements cause as you said Stan and his entourage are probably learning and adjusting to their new job .... how exciting though about his gorgeous voice? I agree with your hubby regading the background noise. I would like to hear his voice more clearly for sure!

hahahahah @ your hubby checking Stan's butt aaaaaaaaaahahahahah I've nearly fallen off my chair laughing Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 770901 your hubby sounds so kool!!! and observed really well. Stan in person doesn't look as big as he does on the screen and his butt is just right .... at least for my liking LOL he was wearing rugby short aye? i wonder ... was he topless ? bwhahahahah sorry for asking but I wanna know how he looks ... ahem... in swimmers' suit? Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 917411

THANK YOU! you all have done such a great job, i really enjoyed every minute of your stories! thank you thank you! mwuah! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 885672
    Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Lily Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah same Simona, Stans not as big in real life, like on TV.

Yeah me hubs is cool, not much bothers him, and yeah Stan was just wearing his rugby shorts. Made him smile though, cuz April was swimming in T-shirts and shorts, which is what alot of maoris wear for swimming. You wont find many wearing bikinis or togs (maybe some younger ones), we like clothes for swimming in, lol.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lily on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more vids)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

That was fantastic!! Lily your hubby is a star...I just heard from Carmenna and she had bruises and sore ribs like me...hoping your hubby wasnt worse for wear but that was soo awesome...thankyou!! Meeting you and hubs and Gizzy, while txting Hiks was a true pleasure for me too...And Hubs met April and saw Stan! Wow I didnt know that!!!
    Gosh Im so one-eyed for Stan I never see anything contrary to he looks & sounds amazing...haha Was he orange?...never noticed...didnt even notice that he was flat till i saw the vid...but your story is a masterpiece. Hubs...youre a star to handle 4 songs of the Taupo Trenches...and you saw Stans butt....DAYUM!!!
    That was so funny Lily!! Thank you cuz!! Loooking forward to the next concert with you girls...Hikoi~ You Promised Cuz!!xo
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Gisray, Lily & Hubby, Hikoi...Thank you all so very much!! What a wonderful time has been had by ALL..you guys cos u experienced it, and us, cos u shared it..AWSUM !! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 913396 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 333657 LMAO woot woot punk1
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 pm

KrystaBel wrote:Gisray, Lily & Hubby, Hikoi...Thank you all so very much!! What a wonderful time has been had by ALL..you guys cos u experienced it, and us, cos u shared it..AWSUM !! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 913396 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 333657 LMAO woot woot punk1

I agree with Krystabel, & you all had me on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting the next instalment. Great writing and lots of laugh-out-loud funny moments that had me laughing for ages. Well done! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212

Last edited by Nicola on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed a word)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

ahahahahaha - Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 thanks for the ending - hehe , such a crack up and i loved it Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 333657 LOLS !
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 pm

That was absolutely tooo koool for skool....

Had me captivated from beginning to end.....what a great story.....thank you sistahs for sharing the moment with us!!!

Taichi
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:54 am

Stan performing

LOL Hey Lily…NOOOOOOoooooo! I’ve put you off marshmallows for life!! LOL
    Don’t worry sis, I’ve got it covered! I’ll hook u up with the chocolate fountain….. you’ll be SWEEEEETTTTTT in no time!!! LOL
    Hey thanks everyone, for ur kind comments. It was a blast, and it has been real fun, sharing it with u all!!!!

Lily’s Hubby and Kiwiana did an awesum job in the Taupo Trenches.I just got two words for you Kiwiana! R.E.S.P.E.C.T girl!!!!!!!! Hanging in their the whole time. It was a war zone as Lily said!

Lily and hubs have summed the concert up well.

Some of Stan’s band members need more time and experience. They are young and they are trying but it is stil a learning curve for them as well as Stan. It is all part of learning the trade, and I’m sure they can iron out the kinks.

They do need to sort out the sound quality. It was muffled at times and they did have diff with one lot of speakers cutting out twice. The acoustic or orchestral backing is what I would also prefer, but hey, for $25 it was stil very worthwhile.

It is good to see Erana Clarke is with him, because her experience will definitely come in handy. She is a Pro! She backed up Stan beautifully, with her vocals and she has a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share with him.

It was lovely to see his whanau and friends there with him. I think it was a big deal for him, as it was his first live concert. I enjoyed it,cuz it was an opportunity to hear him sing live in a real nice relaxed setting.

Stan’s voice is stil developing. His lower register is starting to develop. It is a maturity thing. He has lovely tones in his voice,and has an old soul voice. I’m glad he sings the “Beyonce” songs, mainly becuz he is young and he needs to be young. He seems to have fun and why not. Maybe later, he may move from a lot of straining high notes to a better balance. Plenty of time to be old and mid-fortyish later…LOL He did seem to be more relaxed as well.Thanx Stan and Co. for comin to Taupo!!!!!!

We had a great time in Taupo! We saw Stan perform , meet Kiwiana and her lovely son, had mean feeds, shopped, played cards , laughed a lot and got photos and video footage for Hikoi and SSFF,…all in the space of 27 hrs!!!!! (And that includes traveling and sleeping too!!!!LOL) As our other sis’s said ( yep, there is another!!...and she is louder than us!!) …we don’t do things by halves…Boots’n’all ….,Boots’n’all!!!!LOL!!!!

Thanks Lily and hubby for the ride! It was hilarious!!!
    Thanks Simona for setting up SSFF and the huge effort u put in, and to your lieutenants who assist you as well. It has been great fun to recount our BIG Day Out with you all!!!!Thanx everyone for your comments and contributions…..I’m glad you all had a laugh as well…LOL

Hey Hikoi…missed ya heaps in Taupo, but I hope we brought back enuff “shiny things” for u to play wif. We took a pic for her, while we were in Taupo. It was a sign! LOL. She might put it up for ya’ll later.

Gisray: “ HIKOI, WHERE IS MY CAMERA?!!!!”
    Hikoi : OHHHHH, SHINY!!!!!!
    Gisray: “LILY… GIVE ME BACK MY SHOES!!!!!!”
    Lily : OHHHHH, MY PRECIOUS!!!

Hikoi and Lily in Chorus: “GISRAY, YA DRAMA QUEEN!!!!!!!”
    BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!

God bless…. Gisray OUT!!!
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:40 am

Thanx my hubs!!..... You were right!! hehehe xoxo mwah Grin
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah Gisray...Totally agree, Stan has used his time/performances in NZ to "cut his teeth"..hahah..to use an old expression!! And at the same time he has had a few teething problems (Sound quality, skipping CD, band timing, a little flat..) but these things will happen, and the measure of his character is how he handles it!! Stan is so lucky to have NZ to do that, cos our small country is mayb more forgiving, we don't quite have those horrific media hounds and critics..and as the Australian Idol, my guess is that in Australia, there would be a few high expectations due to those who have come before, and plus the very nature of representing AUS sweat ...Just my humble opinion! hehe ..but what an awsum previllage for those who have seen Stan sing this summer - such an amazing, talented, person with this beautiful ol'soul voice, at the very beginning stages of what promises to be an incredible career - Stan boi, our rising Star!! Cool sunny

Last edited by KrystaBel on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsy)
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:04 am

The gurlz cruised Taupo township and what did they spy??
    A wonderful sign, hoisted waaaaayyyy up high!
    They gasped in wonderment, they aaaaahed and they oooohhhed,
    the trip was now worthwhile, cos this is what they viewed...

[img]Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 HikoiShotcloseup2-1[/img]
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 am

Bwahahahaha....hahahaha...hahahahah huyya I can't stop laughing...bwahahahaha
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 am

omg omg
    I am so bwahahahahahaha here! WTG girls! awesome is an understatement!!!!!!!!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:57 pm

THANKS for the bottom of my heart Gisray, Kiwiana, Lily & hubby and Hikoi (love the HUGE hikoi sing Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 913396 )

It was lovely, fun and adventurous .... you guys took us on a journey.
    Most of all I perceived love, respect and fraternity between you all.... it is this amazing good feeling you are leaving in my heart. Thank you! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 885672
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 163212 Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 333657

Thanx for the story.....woohoo!!!!!...awesum!!!

LMAO

Taichi
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

bahahahahahhaaaaa - lol @ hikoi - bahahahahahaaa - goood one Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 913396
    Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Lily Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 am

God bless…. Gisray OUT!!!

LOL...Ryan Seacrest Wannabe!

Lily Owt!!!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:38 pm

And finally,last two video clips!

KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks Hikoi..Stan's voice over the sound system was gorgeous!

Smash in to you is well done too, really like the arrangement. Stan is a generous performer cos he's happy to let his BVocalists shine too...awsum Boi
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:34 pm

awww i saw this on u tube first... thanks hikoi.

Love that song so much now that Stan sings it LOL nice shoot of him! and the BVs Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! - Page 3 333657
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanx Hikoi...thanx for sharing....looooove this song.

Stan is so generous sharing the limelight with his BV's....wot a gorgeous boi he is.....just love him even more for the giving person that he is.

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 am