Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+5
Taichimisty
todreaminblue
Linda
josephineperrot
sarahbunny
9 posters

Stan Walker: I wont deny my past

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Stan Walker: I wont deny my past Empty Stan Walker: I wont deny my past

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Stan walker: i wont deny my past

A violent past, drug problems, the loss of a child - this sort of turbulent history is something a fresh talent on the music scene would usually prefer to keep hidden. Not Stan Walker.

With the blessing of his parents - his mother, April, 44, and father Ross, 42 - the straight-talking Kiwi singer and Australian Idol winner shocked fans as he released intimate details of his life. The aim, he says, was to help others in similar desperate situations.

‘Mum and Dad totally supported me,' says the Australian-based star, speaking candidly to New Idea from his Auckland hotel. Stan, home to promote his debut album Introducing Stan Walker, has never hidden the fact Ross used to beat his wife and children while April struggled to keep the family together. ‘They're not issues people want to bring up. The truth. The real stuff that happens. I want to bring down these ugly generational curses. It doesn't have to be like that. But that's what we went through to get to where we are now,' he says. ‘I don't know if I did good [revealing my past]. I just did what was necessary.'

Today, devout Christians April and Ross - who are helping to educate young Australian NRL players about domestic violence - have turned their lives around, and they're ecstatic at how their son has transformed his. Only a year ago the 19-year-old soul singer was on the dole, killing time with friends at the beach in Coolangatta, Queensland. Today he's an international star who's mobbed by fans whereever he goes. And forever keeping a watchful eye over her boy is April.

‘Mum loves it! She's just had her hair done,' laughs Stan, whose face lights up at the happiness his success has brought his mother. ‘She really looks after me, my mum.'

Overwhelmed with the amount of support Stan's received at home and in Australia, April always believed her son would be a star.

‘Stan had God's favour on him. I used to cry when he sang in our church,' April recalls. ‘I'm so rapt for him. It's a dream he's had for a while but didn't do anything about it. He didn't feel it was right for him until he really found himself and knew who he was.'

April's been a tower of strength in Stan's life, who undoubtedly supported him when his ex-girlfriend miscarried their daughter this year. The little one's name, Ataahua - meaning 'beautiful' in Maori - is tattooed along the side of his neck.

‘I almost quit Idol,' reveals Stan, who lost Ataahua just as he made Idol's top 24. ‘But people need to know there's someone else out there going through this.'

Although he's incredibly career focused, Stan hasn't given up on finding love again, and the ‘rugged romantic' wants his next partner to be his wife.

‘I want someone who can sing, is funny, can eat and someone who loves life, family, God and me,' he says

But - watch out, girls - Stan wants someone who shares his dreams of a big brood.

‘I want seven children!' Stan reveals. ‘I don't want to start having kids when I'm 35. I want to start young so I can have heaps!'

Family is hugely important to the pop star, whose jam-packed schedule means he'll have only a few days back in Coolangatta to enjoy the festive season. The New Year will also be manic as Stan aims to release a second album.

‘The world needs something real, rather than something glossed up and fake,' explains Stan, who's already began writing track lyrics. ‘People's stories want to be heard. Hopefully I'm one of those stories for a lot of them.'

By Caroline Botting

source: nz new idea
    http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/newideanz/5324/stan-walker-i-wont-deny-my-past/
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Stan Walker: I wont deny my past Empty Re: Stan Walker: I wont deny my past

Post by josephineperrot Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:26 pm

awwwwwww..I am glad his honest and if he was not honest about himself others would have scandalised it in the newspaper to make him look bad. these days everything you have done or do is under a microscope! it seems the way to Stan's heart Sarah is have lots of kids and cook big meals lol
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:35 pm

True true Josie hahah well im out then i don't want 7 kids and im not the best cook :( LOL
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:31 pm

That's such a good article to read.
    It's all out in the open and nothing else to say really........ :)
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:32 pm

sarah thanks for posting that it was a well written insightful article ......i really enjoyed the read.....hugs to ya.....debxo
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:46 pm

No prob deb just got bored and was googling Stan and this came up :) i enjoyed it too
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:37 am

That was so inspirational, takes courage to speak about your past...
    well done Stan and family.....please carry on speaking up.....makes me appreciate what I have more.... ❤
    Having a "wow" moment after reading that post.....definitely a minti moment lol:) Razz
    Always feel humble when I read about his life.

Thank you Sarahbunny.......

Taichi
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:55 am

‘The world needs something real, rather than something glossed up and fake,' explains Stan, who's already began writing track lyrics. ‘People's stories want to be heard. Hopefully I'm one of those stories for a lot of them.'

Yay for Stan! :cheers:

I can't wait to see how he translates all of this into song.

Matchbox Twenty (the band) practically soundtracked my whole life, and I have a feeling Stan is going to do that for a lot of ppl too. ❤
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:50 pm

me too ini i cant wait to see how he interpretes all that stuff into songs... Big Smile

also i found an article lol its really old though its just before he won..i dnt think its latest news so yeah here the link:

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/newideanz/4814/idols-stan-walker-my-childhood-was-like-once-were-warriors/

please delete if im not aloud to do this Big Smile
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:07 pm

IS STAN FINISH HOLIDAY?? Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 308681
    Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 563318
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 pm

ah yes i think so he updated on his twitter saying his planning for the year ahead and is very busy Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 563318
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 pm

sarahbunny wrote:ah yes i think so he updated on his twitter saying his planning for the year ahead and is very busy Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 563318
    WHAT IS THIS TWITTER?? I HEAR A LOT. STAN HAVE THIS ONE???
    Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 563318
    hot_chilli
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by hot_chilli Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Stan's been through a lot, and the fact that he and his family have found their way and internal peace, makes me believe that miracles do happen!
    Way to go Stan for being such a courageous, honest young man!!
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 pm

there can be miracles when you believe Stan Walker: I wont deny my past 52856

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:56 pm