Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+6
Simona
Hikoi
RobynO99
KrystaBel
Taichimisty
kiwianabananarama
10 posters

How I met Stan

kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

How I met Stan Empty Re: How I met Stan

Post by kiwianabananarama Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 am

Im so busy these days I feel bad i cant come here as often as I wud like....and xmas aint making it easy either...

well friends...not sure if I should post here or somewhere else but here will have to do..And sorry for ur anticipation but it was actually the afterparty i crashed. Last Saturday my mate and I drove 25mins from my house to the Telstra events centre for the MSA...It being a formal evening we dressed up of course and dang but I looked hot....tell me im hott! nah just jokes...Little black dress, heels, lippy, the works....i had a mission and that was to see my idol in the flesh...of course we had no tickets...at $155NZ too much..but it was all too easy to get in... security didnt stop us...and plenty of celebs and sports stars...but i only had eyes for stan...my heart was beating so hard man i thought i was going to fall over and have a heart attack...all the awards had finished and the band was playing, ppl dancing, drinking...it was awesome ...i was freaking out so bad because I thought at any moment Stan was going to walk right in front of me and i wudnt know wat i wud say or do or even if i cud remember my own name...I had to sit down...I kept thinking...wats wrong wiv me..im here and im scared to meet him and im fully shaking...but then i realised if he was there then I wud have heard him laugh right?..he has a really hearty laugh and i wud hear it for sure...i mean the place ws packed...i had already scoped the room...so I realised he had left...no stan to be found...no wonder it was so easy to get in ...the waitress told us he had just left and he had sung halo and the climb .... I found i was relieved ...coz i wasnt at all ready to meet Stan... So me and my mate danced, ate the desserts , had a couple of drinks and danced some more...it was awesome!!
    I decided that if i was going to see Stan at Sylvia Park Tuesday..i had better be ready...ready with stuff to sign..and ready with all the things i wanted him to know...Tuesday came quickly...
    We arrived at Sylvia park 3 hours early and there was no line...im thinking...strange...if there arent many ppl he may neva come back to NZ to perform live...oh no...but at about 2 pm the line started and i was no30 in the cue...but it was the wrong line...lol...a new line formed and i managed to be no10...haha...did i care i pushed in...no way hosea...felt triumphant...lol...had my Stan tee...(the one i wore on my marathon weekend) and i bought 5 albums...plus i had bout 10 pics. for autographs...the line got long really fast..2 and half hours waiting seemed like 20 mins...evryone soo happy and buying his album...man I was so excited...you have no idea...I wasnt nervous at all..i just cudnt wait to see him...I looked back and there may have been 500+ ppl waiting...I felt awsum at the front...lol...triumphant again...then they said only one autograph and one photo...yea wateva...they werent joking...I managed to get help wiv 3 of my albums..A group arrived for the haka...the guys looked cute in short grass around their loins...ahahaha...hilarious but tru..they looked mean...then he was there..Stan just walked out and the crowd went nutz...me too i was screaming but he was just 10 feet from me standing there looking so deliciously gorgeous...in tight cut off jean shorts, black tee, black leather jacket, his taonga(necklace)...aw he looked so handsome...so respectful to the group too...i took pics and a vid...but my eyes never left him...he looked like he wud cry at any moment, fully blown away by the fans and the haka...even wen they gave him the mic he cudnt talk..he just said thankyou then he went to sit at the table...and I was just so excited...you have no idea...it was amazing that feeling...not scared or nervous...i just cudnt wait...The cameras kept coming past ...eeww no i didnt want to be on camera...but unfortunately i was as they shoved it in my face so i said my bit...i kept trying to snap a good picture of stan ..the security was fully gonna take my camera and kept telling me to stop...if they were going to stop me they wud have had a riot on their hands all captured on Tv...then it was my turn...Stan was beautiful...my lovely idol..He smiled his gorgeous smile and i just kept chatting to him while he listened and signed my album poster, he was so gracious...i told him how I knew he wud win right from his first audition, how we loved him, that he was truly an inspiration, that it was so amazing to meet him...man i cudnt shut up...but i was just too happy...and totally relaxed in his presence...i amazed myself...he smiled a lot...happy to have his photo taken twice wiv me...didnt say much cept...thankyou and thats Ok and you know how he breathes a sigh but it comes out 'Oh'...yea that...I said I represented all the fans on You Tube and the Stan State armada...he looked happy...and then I asked if I cud have a kiss and a hug...he obliged...bless him...and i wrapped my arm around his beautiful neck and planted a kiss on right side of his face right near his ear...and hugged at the same time...but when he went to sit back down i didnt let go...lol...i did but his jacket was so soft and he was so lovely, i just didnt want to...then the security wanted me to move on...i said thankyou and it was over ...but totally thrilling experience for me...gosh...then I saw mama april...called out to her and she did her pout pose for me...got a good photo of her...itwas an amazing afternoon...and yea I wasnt a nervous wreck i thort i was going to be...must have got rid of all of that the sat previous...I heard from one of my youtube club Stan stayed a half an hour over his alotted time to plse the fans...then he was mobbed out the back carpark by fans and the security was having trouble keeping ppl off him.....he really is the true idol...and everyone here in NZ loves him.
    Thanks for reading...was a thrill for me ..something i will never forget...i was on a high for the next 2 days... Big Smile
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 am

Thank you Kiwiana for that F.A.B. story it was to die for! laughed my socks off......you made it sound like fun! Razz
    Girl after my own heart.....gate crashing yep something I would do! Glad you enjoyed yourself at the Maori sports award that was choice!
    I ❤ that you were able to chat away to Stanley.......some of the young ones cracked me up when they got to meet him......all they could come up with was omg, omg, omg they were absolutely speechless...they were soooo funny couldn't stop laughing. After what happened to you at the Maori sports awards I thought, wow.....I would'nt have been any better than the young girls lol. Never behaved that way in my life....but I'm thinking, times a changing I've never been a fan of anyone......and yes I can see myself go gaga at meeting him. lol!

Cheers Kiwiana ☀
    Taichi
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:16 am

Kiwiana.. wow the play by play of your experience with Stans first visit homehome (lol Stans words) NZ - following his AI win - was a brillian read and Im sure pure joy for you to re-live.. you are such a cool fan, without a doubt one of Stans best!! ..awesome girlfriend xo
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:44 pm

All I can say is - I hate you!

Just kidding - GREAT story. So glad you got a hug. So sad I am so old.

Oh well.
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 pm

lol! oh well,robyn!

"put ya hands up!" lol! :cheers: :cheers:
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Thanks mates...so happy you enjoyed that...but you must must must see the man stan as soon as you can...put it on ur list of things to do before i die...lol...my next goal is a live concert...do they still have 'the idol tour concerts' coz i wud love to be there and rock out wiv the smooth sounds of the man himself...much love to you guys...xoxo Cool
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Kiwiana thank you so much for writing your story here! I really really appreciate it ❤

I love how you gate crashed the Maori sport event! I wanted to be there with you! even without Stan it must been so exciting... pure adrenaline What a Face

I think I'd be spechless if I meet Stan in person silent ... kinda full panic attack style ... lol!

I will prepare myself mentally probably with some relaxation technique when he finally comes to Melbourne!!!!

I'm so happy that you got to meet him, kiss him and hug him ❤ .... omg I'm so jealous right now :_|:

Kidding :joker: much love :flower:
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm

thanks kiwiana always see your comments on youtube I am frenchbloom on there! that was so funny and so wonderful to put your story up for all of us to read! his a lovely guy and I know how much it means to him to have fans he calls us 'treasures' lol..and so right! for fans like you to wait in a cue like Debs/candice did today and buy another album so you can do that really shows how much Stan is loved by his fans
    I wish you a happy xmas and new year Kiwiana!! wish I was back in NZ to have xmas in Wellington but maybe next year..and I am definitely going to see him in concert and hopefully will meet up with the girls from melbourne like Simo and baby Sarah
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 am

Aw...gee...i can feel the love guys...thanks...and so happy to meet the staunch hardcore stan diehards here on SS ...SO what are we doing for Stan next guys?.....What are we SS doing to get noticed by the man so he can visit us here?? Whos going to see him next?...I reckon as many of us that tell him about SS the more he'll take notice? What about Tee-shirts? I had one made up bout 4 days before that grand final so I cud support stanley that weekend...wud have been awesome to actually be there in person...but i was running my first marathon...so thats how I showd my support. Oh I know what I'll do...i have an inside source to Stan...shes the sister-in-law of Stans namesake ...shes whanau (family)...she was part of the group at the Opera House...I'll email her and get back to you guys! And is there somewhere to put up a couple of pics?? AND when is a concert?..Im coming for sure...coz I reckon he wont be back in NZ for a while and I miss him....maybe we cud all meet at a concert in Melbourne? that wud so amazing for me!! to meet more diehards like myself...hahaha...and totally rock out!
    Nice to see my you-tube mates...you guys rock....so very dedicated...no wonder you guys are here...its the best...can you chk out my page...if you havent already...you'll like my new profile page...and simo...I love yours...ur amazing girl!! xo
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Hey Robyn,

Don't hold back girlfriend.........that was absolutely too funny for words...... lol!

Cheers
    Taichi

Kiwiana, I pm you but lost it cos never put your full name.....shall try again later cos I'm all tuckered out......it was a long story lol!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am

hey Kiwiana How I met Stan Icon_biggrin

I was thinking about making SS t-shirt for upcoming concerts (dunno dates yet) Gotta put a thread in the Stan random discussion so we can get all the members involved. I'd like everyone's input How I met Stan Icon_flower I'll do a thread later this afternoon.

He should come to Melb soon but don't think for a concert... when he will come for a concert we can catch up and go together man! can't wait to meet you guys! How I met Stan Herz

About pics. we have the photo gallery forum for pics and there's also a tutorial on "how to upload" right here : https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/photo-gallery-f8/ lemme know if you need help with anything How I met Stan Icon_sunny
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm

thanx simo cuz...its my fault i havent been in ur forums yet...im just in and out ....and there are really nice ppl here...id love to meet them all...not to worry cuz...one day soon youll get a shock ...i'll be in ya face...lol....matey...its so great u have this site..its top notch cuz...and Ataahua has done a great job too ...see her name a lot...Im sure theres a few now who have met the man and id love to read their stories...T-Shirts wud be great cuz...You still have those names/slogans from A.I i sent you...i still got them ...if you need another copy...mine and novas favourite...
    'STANd by ur STAN'..for front...SS or Stans State for the back...I really want to make others right now...but i done have the money ...but yep everyones input is the best...

Kiwiana xo
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

omgg , hectikk storyyy kiwiana ! =)=) i think i would be one of those girls who would be like omgg omgg & doing those panic attack and faint styles if i saw him right in front of me :^0: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA ! nah thats too much drama !! LOLS buht yeaah im sooo gonna try and swap my saturday shift at work so i can gooo seee him at blacktownn !! LOLS
    medz007
    medz007
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by medz007 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Wowzers Kiwiana Shocked that's an awesome account!! Love it! Big Smile Darn SO wish we could have met that day :) As much as I LOVE Stan I got there too late and didn't want to wait in a queue that looked like it already had 800+ waiting at 4pm! And now here I am in the Gold Coast but missed Stan last Saturday because his site didn't say where 'Queen St Mall' is and when I asked my mum all she said was 'not here'... I found out JUST before we left for a family xmas lunch (in Brisbane!!!) and cried like a baby all the way... And I'm 34 years old!!! I got quite a shock myself lol (at all my crying) - and afterwards didn't know whether to laugh at myself or admit my ass to a psychic ward hehehe Wink I think I love Stan a bit TOO much?? Wink Anyhu I just spent the whole time at Sylvia Park hanging out at my 'post' - right where April was standing most of the time and just behind where Stan was signing. I had such a cool time just watching peoples reactions and also got to give my 'congradz gift pack' (some kapahaka dvds of te waka huia, Beyonces new DVD, a framed pic of Stan & his mama at the MSA's and some kiwi & Maori music CDs) to April which was pretty cool as much as I'd hoped to give it to Stan but just not in a two second meeting! Aprils so cool, you can see where Stan gets some of his personality from :) So do you live in Auckland Kiwiana? Do you have your pics & vids from that day posted anywhere? Thanks again for such a cool story! Look forward to catching up one day soon :) :) :)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Kia ora medz007...cool name btw...so cool to see ur picture cuz...you are stunning..im always apologizing here and im sorry again for replying so late. Its that blimmen xmas season i guess...bad excuse but tru...yes i live in Central Auckland about 10 mins from the Sky Tower...If I knew you were in Manukau we cud have crashed those awards together...I was looking for support over on youtube cuz...So sorry you missed meeting Stan. You MUST make it ur mission to see him ASAP. Wow you gave him a gift pack...thats fantastic. i know others did too...even my mate gave him a maori bandana. I better be prepared with that nex time see him...I know I will!!
    So are you in Gold Coast for good now or just holidaying? Yep I have pics..I need to upload them...and a vid from just behind the powhiri group...Stans standing there...wo hes damn gorgeous...the pictures of him dont do him justice...hes really handsome...and its OK to love Stan too much...before he won I was having trouble finding someone like me and you...someone who loved him that much...it seemed like there was no one in Auckland that freely admitted that...only me...omg...now there are tons of Stan loving ppl coming out of the closet...ahahaha...well girlfriend...nice to meet you..hope you meet stan soooon...and i love how you cried cuz...thats just a normal reaction...i wud have too if i missed him in Auckland...take care and have the best xmas and a safe new year!! xoxo
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:11 pm

OOOOOhhhhhh you poor thing Medz.......so close and yet so far......yeah, would've cried too... 😢
    Fortunate to be at Queen st mall myself....had a badly sprained ankle.....was pumped, running on adrenaline, I was sooo going to be there......

You got to meet his mum.....gave her gifts.....lucky you! :0:
    Looking forward to Stans return to Brisbane.

Taichi
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

lmao did anyone go see him today in NSW?
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:11 am

wo...hes everywhere ay?? awesome newz tho...the man stan is living his amazing dream...I just checked out the new upload of Stan Acoustic of Blackbox...is totally the best ...thanks to Julie and Simo...they rock hard...hahahaha...xoxo
    medz007
    medz007
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by medz007 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 am

Aaaaaaw shucks thanks Kiwiana! Ur pic is really gorgeous too lol Wink Haha that's funny about the Maori Sports awards - I know the organisers (but I won't tell them you crashed lol!! they work their butts off for that thing :) ), my work had a table and a half there (we sponsor some of the awards) AAAAAAND originally they'd said I could go with them to pick Stan up from the airport!!!! But that didn't work out cos security took over and he was taken out a back way somewhere... Neutral After screaming with excitement about it for two days I calmed down cos I realised that something like that might happen... Lucky I did cos I might have been crying back then lol! THEN I was meant to go to the soundcheck but my grandfather ended up in hospital that day so it just didn't work out! :0: And Stan got SO bombarded at the awards (don't know what on EARTH happened to the usually cool, calm and laid back Maori's there??? lol!) and I'm not much into mobbing so I didn't push my way through to meet him there, as I've said in another post somewhere (oh might not even be here lol) not keen on just a 2 second meeting :) hmmmm I'm so weird lol! Cos of who he is I feel so close to him yet so far... Oh, Really? But I know for sure I'll have a REAL meeeting with him one day! Big Smile Hey and don't even worry about taking a while to respond, no need to apologise ay cos noooo worries whatsoever! :) I'm just on holiday here in the Gold Coast, back on the 1st Jan, my mum lives here right next to Coolangatta! So have been in Cooly heaps since I've been here but we're going to Coffs Harbour where my sister is for xmas and that's when Stan will be back here :) Soooooo wish he'd do something while he's back in the Gold Coast... Oh back home I live in Aucks on da South Side :) Anyhu can't wait to see ur pics and vid, that'll be mean! Jingoes this whole fame thing with Stan is SO fascinating lol! I've never really joined a forum or wrote so much, looked up so much stuff etc etc blah blah on anyone ever before! Asides from Beyonce but even then nowhere near as much... Catch ya's all next time! Big Smile:D:D
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 am

Cool Medz girlfriend...yeah I know what you mean...ever since stanley blew me away with his first audition ...i have been obsessed and wudnt even admit it coz it seemed i cud just not find anyone who loved him as much as me...then i missed his performance one nite...top100 i think and went nutz coz it wasnt my fault...so came onto You tube ...and wat do you know...there were plenty who adored him. I visit there more than i do here...but i am trying for SS...and everyone here is so nice ay...Yes ppl dont understand the fascination with the man except for us...and a lot have only recently become a fan so thats awesome for him...coz i have always wanted him to win and make tons of money for himself and have a long career in the industry...haha and he has :^0:
    Thats cool wat you say about the awards. You have been so close and yet not close enough...and you are right there....shucks Id go hang out in coolangatta on xmas day cuz...catch a glimpse of the man himself...
    Those awards were great but we came when hed left...sorry i know someone who knows the organisers...oopz...the band was great tho...and everyone looked so flash...haha
    Take care cuz...Happy Holidays! have you seen the new upload of Stan doing Blackbox Acoustic...is the best...I just sent it to all my friends for xmas on you tube...haha...better than any xmas card I'll tell ya!
    Kiwiana xxoxx :cheers:
    medz007
    medz007
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by medz007 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

I used up my mums quota in like 3 days lol!!! Darn gotta wait till tomorow when I get to my sisters then I can watch all Stans new vids and use up all of hers hahaha! ;-) Meri Kirihimete!! xOx
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Back at ya cuz...hehe...you sound like me...everyone in my house was sooo mad the time i used up 10-gigs in 4 days....i cudnt see the problem....noooo...just email Broadband and get some more...haha...now we have 20 gigs a month and its plenty for me...take care cuz xo ❤

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 am