Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+16
kazz
LASERAsmiles
Nicola
Taichimisty
wolfpackgirl10
jane_gun
josephineperrot
greenjems
KrystaBel
QueenTiger
Stan Walker Girl
RobynO99
kiwianabananarama
fynesthorse
sarahbunny
Linda
20 posters

Lindt Cafe Dessert

RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 Empty Re: Lindt Cafe Dessert

Post by RobynO99 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 am

jane_gun wrote:Check out Stan's video message at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEqS-cN3mh4&feature=youtu.be

:)

Great stuff - I was so keen to see, I've even snuck in while at work!!

So nice to have a video for Stan's State after all the work Simona and her team have put in.

We'll be around for as long as he is!

Yes, and that pic is terrific Jane - bet that gets to be a poster size print on your wall!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 am

I'm guessing we haven't heard from Simona as she is still flying around the country!

We want to hear accounts from you ALL, so yes, Jane, hop on that keyboard and get typing!
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Well I want to see what each person has to say so I expect a HUGE post from each and every other attendee there!!!! LOL
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Linda linda linda....did simona ask bout Melbourne? Lmaoo she's prob sleeping or a plane now?? And his next album mid year Oh, Really? July? haha
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Simo is still here and yes we did ask about Melbourne and he said he was definitely coming to Melbourne during this year.
    Cross fingers he'll tour when he releases his new album!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm

*fingers crossed* I can't wait till mid year tho haha is she? She doesn't want to leave haha too much fun..did she stay at your house or? I'm still excited for youse haha
    Stan Walker Girl
    Stan Walker Girl
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Stan Walker Girl Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

What Song did he sing to u guys & u guys had a ball i only made for his preformcem but my sister had her lil baby girl she named it April Lee Big Smile i am an aunty yaaaa Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 pm

There's a video of him singing it and a MSG to the forum go back 1 page haha did you hear him sing at Sydney harbour was it good? Congrats annna your an aunty..cute Big Smile
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Lovely report Linda and the videos are great - pity about the noise though! Look forward to hearing from everyone else who was there. Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 368257
    Maybe once his new album comes out he'll THEN come to Christchurch... Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 28774
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Anabelle - an Auntie, congratulations!!

Thanks Linda and Jane for quickly getting back to SS and sharing ur incredible experience of Dessert with Stan..gr8 videos and pics to show off!! btw, Any video of Jane singing to Stan? lols

Look forward to reading ur story Jane..! And Simo's..! and Renee's..!

Linda, can I just ask..why was Ashley there?..(I mean, Mikey I understand, Stans Bro and perhaps bodyguard??) Besides being a BV is she a FRIEND/ RELATIVE tagging along, ready to sing Harmonies??

And does Sidney (Stans cousin) still perform with Stan??

Well..I should go outside and enjoy the 2nd day of Sun in Wellingon!!

Luv to all the Lindt cafe girls and their stantastic dessert date with the STANALIIOUS one!!xx sunny
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

WOWWWW LINDAA. that was such a beautiful post! im super happy for all of you!

and i love the pics! all of you looked FABULOUS.

and stan's video for SS.. haha.. he didn't know what to say.. but he was so sweeet!

hahaha.. and he sang SMASH INTO YOU. agh! i love watching/listening to him sing beyonce songs! (he sings em better Wink and he sang em for YOU! awwww.. but stoooopid fireworks.. haha..

wow. and the milkshake thing! omgggg! Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 727573 he's such a gentleman LOL..

and yes, did you guys record a video when Jane was singing to stan? i would LOVE to hear her VERY GOOD singing!!

and he didn't want to go? awwww ahahhaha..

aw i really wish i was there :(

hmmm.. one day.. i'll have a meeting like that with stan.. one day.. Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 52856

can't wait to read simo, renee and jane's story tooo..

but OMG his album's coming out June/July??? i can't wait that long!!! i hope he makes another music video.. for think of me or something.. OR another single like SAVE ME.. agh!

and congratulations aunty annabel!

Last edited by LASERAsmiles on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 pm

woooow , i love it :)
    jane_gun
    jane_gun
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by jane_gun Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Haha, I don't think anyone recorded my singing - lol, it's not that good, hehe... It's just that I write songs (both lyrics and music) myself when I get the inspiration to and the song I sang is called By Grace Through Faith - a Christian song that I took inspiration from Paul's letter to the Ephesians - I wanted to get a pro's opinion on it. I didn't really sing my best (always find it hard singing sitting down) especially since I was still a bundle of nerves in front of Stan, but he was really nice and said that it was good and had beautiful lyrics. When I asked if there's anything I can improve, he says no but I'm sure he's just being the wonderful Stan that he is. Hehe, I meant to get it up on youtube (with me singing while I play the piano) but it's not gonna be easy seeing how the best camera I have is my poor 3.2MP mobile phone camera and I've got limited access to any piano or keyboard these days. But haha, if I ever get it up (doubt it'll happen anytime soon), you'll hear about it...

And Stan was such a darling... He listened so attentively when I sang... Even when his dessert arrived, he didn't dive straight into it but waited till I finished. And he even leaned forward at one point when it started getting noisy outside just so he can hear me more clearly...

But yes, he did finish his dessert rather quickly! The two of us started at the same time and even when he has left, I've yet to finish mine, haha! Merely in awe of his presence to eat properly lol... We were joking over dinner before we went to see him that we would better not embarrass ourselves by missing our mouths and having the dessert ending up on our top or something. Guess what? It sorta almost happened! Simo's spoon flipped or something and had a bit of choc sundae land on her lap! Somehow I was too mesmerized by Stan to even realize this happened despite Simo sitting right next to me! I only heard about it later when Renee related back to us - so if you want the proper details, you've gotta ask Simo or Renee, hehe... And Simo, don't worry, I don't think Stan realized it happened too, hehe...

Oh, I also wrote a poem for Stan and passed it to him quite early - he nearly left without it and I had to "re-hand" it to him, lol... How we wished he could have stayed longer with the rest but his agent kept pushing them to make a move despite them saying that they wanted to stay. Think some of the fans were starting to get a lil restless, hence, why the agent wanted them to go. It even got to a point when she had to tell them off saying, "Sorry guys but this is a private function!"

We thought the fireworks outside would have been a major distraction but Stan still attracts fans wherever he goes alright. We had this 8-seater table reserved for us (4 of us plus Stan, Mikey, Ashley, and agent) right in the very inner corner of the cafe and although Stan sat with his back facing the drinks pick-up counter, people still spotted him. There was once I remember (I could see clearly coz I was sitting directly opposite him) when this guy and his girlfriend (I think) were picking up their drinks. He was just scanning around the cafe and saw Stan in a very quick glimpse and turned back to his gf. He must have then thought to himself something along the lines of "Hang on, did I just see who I think I just saw?!" He turned back again and spotting the ever familiar Ataahua tattoo (coz otherwise it'll just be Stan's back or minor side profile he's seeing from where he was), he nudged his gf and mouthed out, "Look it's Stan - Stan Walker!" while pointing to our dear Stan... And I'm pretty sure there were other such "fan moments" happening during our date too, hehe...

Oh, and haha, Kelly was there early with us too and when they finally cleared up the table to put the reserve sign on, she went it to snap a photo of our reserved spot and the staff were giving her a weird amused look. Haha, little did they realize why she did it, eh? Good on you, Kel! You go, gal!

Oo, Stan ordered iced milk chocolate drink and waffles with white choc ice-cream and choc dippings (just like almost the rest of us - Simo got the choc sundae and Mikey got the brownie). And you know that lil cute porcelain ware where you let the choc dippings flow out to where you want it to be (i.e. the choc pot)? Well, after Stan and crew left, the waiters came to clear up their plates but since Stan's choc pot was so close to my plate (he had earlier used it as part of a pose of us having dessert together), the waiter must have missed it and I jumped at the opportunity and declared to the gals that I'm gonna keep the pot that Stan has used personally!

When I said I was gonna ask if I could bring that back and perhaps get a box or bag to put it in, the gals told me that the staff will never allow it and that I should just smuggle it. But I thought I should do things the right way and asked for Luke, the friendly manager who took care of us that night. When I asked, he was going like, "Oh sorry but we can't let you have that", "We need it", etc etc. but once I said "Oh, but it's the one that Stan personally used!", he straight away said, "Oh, if that's the case, then it's ok, I suppose" - haha!!

And speaking about "taking care of us", something mildly amusing happened earlier last night when we were seated down and waiting for Stan to arrive. It was such a freaking hot day (and the air-cons weren't working properly either) and we badly needed iced water. I signalled a staff and asked if she could bring us some but she gave us that questioning look on her face and told us that it's self-serve and she pointed to where we could help ourselves. When she left, we were like, man, to think as if we were vip's or something, hehe... But just then, another staff came and brought us all glasses and water (she must have been informed that this was a "special table" or something) and we're like, haha, here comes the vip treatment! :p

Ok, think I've been typing a whole bunch of nonsense here, lol... Linda has covered most of the technical bits so I won't repeat what she's already said... Looking forward to Simo's and Renee's post! Wink
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm

ahahahahahaaa , ohh jane - you are so nice , asking to take the lil pot thing - hehehe , lols ..
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 pm

YAYY great post JANE!
    aw no video of you singing to stan?
    aww but i wud really love to see you on the piano singing that song.. and i LOVE the title.. Grace Through Faith..
    and im sure stan wasn't only being nice.. i trust linda when she said "JANE's singing is very good" :)

and that pot? haha i don't really know what you're talking about.. haha.. do u mind taking a pic of it? and uploading it? wud love to see this pot stan used! hahaha..
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:44 pm

yess yess jane , you must upload a video of you singing - id love to hear it :) x
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Haha LOL great Story jane, I'm sure Stan loved your singing and song Big Smile omg making me jelous that dessert sounded yummmy haha lol I woulda just took the pot haha Razz well know you have something Stan used rofl thanks for that can't wait for simo and renees stories haha their probably sleeping or something
    kazz
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by kazz Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello I am a new poster ,thankyou for your posts both linda and jane i was lmao when i was reading the bit about simo and the choc sundae incident I could imagine that happening,especially when your awestruck lol lol,Thanks for the pics and the video.Happy to see you enjoyed yourself with stan the man. happy dance
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 569874 SOULCOASTER :)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 569874 soulcoaster, hope you enjoy the forum as you see we are very obsessed with Stan...haha and i woulda had chocolate spilt on me if i was there... Big Smile
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Welcome soulcoaster!! Hope u enjoy the Forum!! Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 569874

And yes Jane..a wonderful post! Thanks for the story, was a great read. Especially the l'l pot incident..very cute. Glad u got to take it home - u groupie gurl!!! LMAO .. Big Smile
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Additional bits of conversation I had with Stan included:
    Told him his official site sucks!
    I spoke to him about carols in the domain and asked how it felt singing to 100, 000 people and all he could say was that he’d lost his voice! So I asked about his teeth and he explained and showed me the side of his face where he had a sore jaw from his wisdom teeth issues.
    I also mentioned that Nathan was singing in Parramatta Park and he was pleased to hear that stating that he’d wondered what he was doing that night.
    Kiwiana? We also told him to look out for you representing the SSFF for your next video LOL so make sure he sees you ok??
    I also asked about his eyesight! I asked what are you doing now ? Wearing contacts? He said those glasses were semi fake ones bwahahahahah He was playing dress ups!
    OMGsh folks He is divine when he speaks to you. He makes constant eye contact when he directs conversation towards you. His beautiful eyes are so lusciously brown and his skin is so gloriously tanned at the moment. Picture of health he is (even though I think he’s gone way too skinny) His booty isn’t as curvaceous as before (boohoo) He smooches you on the cheek and his hugs are just....... yummy and indescribable. He so brings out the cougar in me and I’m a bad girl for it bwahahahahahaha
    jane_gun
    jane_gun
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by jane_gun Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Hehe, if someone provides me a piano/keyboard and a good digicam, then I'll shoot a video, lol...

LASERAsmiles wrote:and that pot? haha i don't really know what you're talking about.. haha.. do u mind taking a pic of it? and uploading it? wud love to see this pot stan used! hahaha..

Here you go, gal:

[url=Lindt Cafe Dessert - Page 3 Image211]

Placed my watch next to it, so you get a rough idea of the pot's size. It's the pot they use to contain the melted liquid choc and you just pour it out on whatever you like...

soulcoaster wrote:Hello I am a new poster ,thankyou for your posts both linda and jane i was lmao when i was reading the bit about simo and the choc sundae incident I could imagine that happening,especially when your awestruck lol lol,Thanks for the pics and the video.Happy to see you enjoyed yourself with stan the man. happy dance

Welcome, soulcoaster! Happy SSFF-ing! :)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Hey Jane? I can shoot footage of you singing if you can find a piano babe! Come on lets do it!!!!! Please, please, please?
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Bahaha thanks for that Linda more great info haha sound like a great nite and I guess you did more than touch his arm bahaha awww I'm soooooo jelous of you haha wish I was there are you gonna put the video to SS in a special place so everyone can see?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm