Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

3 posters

Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show Empty Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show

Post by QueenTiger Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 pm

source: http://www.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz/local/news/fans-flock-to-idol-stan-walkers-opera-house-show/3941842/

Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show

AMY SHANKS | 24th February 2011

Screaming Stan Walker fans flocked to Hawke's Bay Opera House in Hastings last night to see the former Australian Idol winner perform all his "top 40" hits live on stage.

The New Zealand-born singer was welcomed to Hawke's Bay yesterday afternoon with a powhiri led by local woman Rebecca Kamau, at the Opera House Plaza.

Walker replied by singing a rendition of How Great Thou Art in Maori.

Later that night the Opera House was packed with a young crowd who sung along with all of their favourite tunes.

Walker has been making his way around the country this month on his first New Zealand tour which includes gigs in Wellington, Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Hamilton, Hastings, Tauranga, Auckland, Rotorua and Christchurch.

In 2009 the singer released his first album Introducing ... Stan Walker, featuring the song Black Box which went to No1 on national music charts.

Since releasing his sophomore album From The Inside Out just last year, Walker has really taken off with two gold singles to date, Unbroken and Choose You.

After taking out four Tuis at the New Zealand Music Awards, Walker decided it was time to come home to thank all of his fans here.

"New Zealand is my home.

"Just because I don't live there it doesn't make a difference - if I moved to Russia, that wouldn't make me Russian."

kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show Empty Re: Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show

Post by kiwianabananarama Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm from Hastings...and I think I know Rebecca. The Kamau's are my whanau lol. I'm sure it was an awesome concert. Stan would've enjoyed those maoris. Hastings is rich in musical talent. I bet Stan rocked the Opera house and they would've enjoyed every second.
    Thanx Renee :)

I have posted the videos from yt from some of the concerts. The ones taken in Hamilton are especially good. The uploader says she has 7 more including 'dear mr president' to add. Shes uploaded 7 already...4 of them are of Stan. https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/t851-stans-nz-tour-2011

flower Hastings is the fruitbowl of NZ smile
    jacobianstangirl
    jacobianstangirl
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show Empty Re: Fans flock to Idol Stan Walker's Opera House show

Post by jacobianstangirl Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Stan is going to rock Auckland tonight, can't wait!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 pm

And he did! Loved it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 pm