Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+5
Simona
Hikoi
Taichimisty
sarahbunny
Lily
9 posters

Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it?

Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Empty Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it?

Post by Lily Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:22 am

Hey!

Anyone Got it Yet??
    Anyone heard it yet??

Would love to hear if ya have & what u thought?
    I rang around yesterday in Whakatane looking for it. The Warehouse confirmed it was to release on the 8th but they hadnt received anything from the Suppliers yet...still waiting.

But a Music shop in Whakatane said its coming this afternoon! Spoke to a guy on the phone said they told him its on the Courier now and he'll hold a copy for me.
    I asked if many ppl are waiting for it.
    He said Yessss and hes got his arms folded waiting so they better hurry up and get it in or he'll be after them, hounding them some more!!

Sorry if Aussie has to wait a little longer. I think the reason why is that this is the 1st time Sony is releasing an Idol in Australia and NZ at the same time. So they are pushing him over here to get his profile up. Why? Because Television NZ wasnt really interested in Australian Idol, we got 5 days delayed coverage right throughout, and even the Grand Final was delayed 5 days. So the publicity was pretty poor.
    They really dropped the ball,and as the buzz built back here especially toward the end, you think they would screen the Final Live...NO!
    It was ridiculous because when he won they tried to keep it quite for 5 days on TV One so it wouldnt spoil it when it aired on Friday. They would say, if u dont want to know the winner leave the room for 2 minutes, LOL.
    And honestly u had to be living under a rock to not know, it was everywhere else.
    They were interviewing him on the rival Channel 3, LOL! In the papers etc.
    Now theyve finally caught up with Aussie & promoting him, better late than never I suppose
    :0: :0:

Anyway, would love to know what you really enjoyed about the album.
    If mine hopefully arrives this Arvo, an hours drive, Im soooo going over to pick it up!
    Big Smile Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Empty Re: Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it?

Post by sarahbunny Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:39 am

And I would love to know what the NZ think I'm in Aussie and gotta wait till Friday :(
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Empty Re: Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it?

Post by Taichimisty Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 am

Hey Sarahbunny....
    I found out that Stan's album will be available today, Tues 8th Dec in some stores not all stores, in Oz. :cheers: :cheers:
    Just need to ring around the shops to find out which ones have them.
    Apparantly the shops have to have the album on the shelf by the 11th....so we aren't forgotten after all. Thank goodness!!!! lol!

Taichi
    Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Lily Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:20 am

Taichi,
    Thats Awesome!
    Id say thats the same in NZ, cause The Warehouse had no idea when it was coming but when I rang around one shop was expecting it.
    Glad its being released in some Aussie shops, thats sounds fair.
    ...meanwhile Im waiting in anticipation for news of its arrival...
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:32 am

Ahhhhhh yay I'm going plaza and target today I'll check around Big Smile thanks
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 am

Went to the music store,

"No" they said, "courier hasnt dropped off anything yet!"

Hmm, I thought, I wonder if my mate "K" who happens to be a courier driver is the one delivering? So I sent off a polite txt (like any good friend would!).

Me: "If u hav Stan Walker Album in your van, u beta dliver em 2 music store right bloody now! lol

K: Don't u b talkin 2 me like dat. I havnt go dem anyway

Me:Lol.Beta not b lyin 2 me gurl, or i hunt u down.

Me a Walker Stalker?? nahhh...
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey guys........OOOOOOOH YEAH BABY....."Introducing Stan Walker" the album has landed at my local Sanity Music shop here in Brisbane @ Browns Plains suburb, this morning. ❤ waaaahooooo!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
    My daughter in law is away to pick up two, one for my son and yours truly....I am so jumping out of my skin with joy!!!!! lol!

Hope you got one Sarahbunny!!!!!!

Taichi
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:01 pm

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Icon_cheers

my album has been shipped today!!!! Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? 149823 Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? 149823 Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? 149823
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 pm

If you can hold off buying it till Friday hard I know it will help him in his first Aria week in Australia that is :-)
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm waiting for mine from JB Hi-Fi...the status is "in progress"....whatever that means. Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Oops
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Mine's shipped too! Let's see who gets signed ones!
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 pm

JB said all online orders are signed. if they sell out they take down the signed copy ad from the website. that's why i felt 'safe' ordering off them, LOL!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I got mine from Sanity - poor Stan's hand! Lucky really he isn't a guitarist!
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 pm

RobynH99 wrote:I got mine from Sanity - poor Stan's hand! Lucky really he isn't a guitarist!

yeah but he said he's TRYING to learn piano, so....Introducing Stan Walkers Album - Releases 8th Dec NZ - Whos Got it? Whistle
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is a signed one.

Then I bought 5 more from JBs to take to the USA.

It is BETTER that I expected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Rain brought tears to my eyes, and I never liked that song when Prince sang it.

I LOVE IT!!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm

How choice is that Robyn, thanx for sharing your joy!!! Razz
    Oh by the way.....showoff.... cos mine isn't signed lol!

Taichi
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 pm

haha Taich I like that backhanded compliment yep shes a show off!!!
    mine is not signed either..ummmmm..maybe I should order one or maybe wait till he comes to melbourne and buy one and get it signed?
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:22 pm

I've got 5 other copies - I could lend you one to get it signed - NAH! They're on their way to the USA tomorrow.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:31 pm

cheeky girl you are!! glad you got them signed for gifts how awesome is that?
    and your spreading his music to the USA that is soooooooooo fantastic..
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey Josephineperrot,

thanx Jo......I enjoyed it myself.. Razz ..how dear she show of her signed album lol! .....but I've since changed my mind.....cos.....mine was signed in person today by Stan himself at Queen Street mall........yaaaayyyyy....one more time.....yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
    Lets give it up for Stanley!!!! :king:

Jo if you can wait until you see him live.........it is so worth it....you get to see him sing and sign albums in person and.... I haven't a clue about anyone else, but I am more hooked on him than before cos he has lived up to my expectations (which can be high) in person.
    A for real person, true to himself!
    He well and truly rocks!!!!! afro

Cheers
    Taichi
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:40 pm

EXACTLY, young lady - you got yours signed IN PERSON - how good is THAT!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:43 pm

you both are sickening lol..signed albums poor us melbourne girls..do not worry we will be the first in the queque if he comes to Melbourne..
    it sounds like everyone who met him in person absolutely loved him and love him even more!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:48 am