Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+4
RobynO99
Simona
fynesthorse
Ataahua
8 posters

[08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol

Ataahua
    Ataahua

[08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Empty [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol

Post by Ataahua Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:53 pm

source credit: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10614097

Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol

Stan "the man" Walker said he missed Kiwi food, and then headed straight for Wendy's when he touched down in Auckland on Friday.

The Australian Idol winner, who is a Kiwi-Aussie hybrid, said: "Food over here destroys everything Australian. The food and the air and the grass."

Walker, 19, was born in Melbourne, raised in Tauranga and Hamilton and now lives in Queensland.

He was working in a menswear store before the television show catapulted him into the world he had always dreamed of.

In Auckland to promote his new album, as well as celebrate his win, Walker also performed at the Maori Sports Awards on Saturday with his older brother and mum.

He may be used to talking to media and singing in front of millions of television viewers, but Walker said he got so nervous at the sports awards that he missed a note. Family and other Maori are the toughest audience: "A lot of them in there can sing," he said.

Walker has also been catching up with the rest of his family who still live in New Zealand, and has been dodging fans in his down-time.

"The fans here are worse than in Australia," he said.

Browsing Victoria Park Market for presents to take back home to Coolangatta in the weekend, Walker found himself being swarmed by supporters.

"I couldn't do anything and I was like, I don't want to be rude but I'm on a mission."

But singing away between photo shoots, Walker said fame had not changed him: "Man I'm still the same, it's just more people know me".

He said he would love to have more time to go and visit the spots he remembers playing at as a kid the paddocks around Tauranga and the Waikato River but flies back to Australia tomorrow for more promotions.

"I want to go and check out the places but I can't really, life's changed."

But he would not change what is happening right now. "Idol's the man. This is my dream."

i don't really understand what he meant by: "Food over here destroys everything Australian. The food and the air and the grass."

0_0
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

[08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Empty Re: [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol

Post by fynesthorse Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:52 pm

haha , gosh stan is such a crack up , lols .. how dare he says "Food over here destroys everything Australian. The food and the air and the grass." bahahahahahaaa ! nah being polynesian i understand where he is coming on that note .. lols but he is right about family and maoris being a tough crowd to sing in front of cos they are good singers themselves but dont show it , lols .. thanks for the update articles =) lovee ihttt .. xo
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Empty Re: [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol

Post by Simona Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Dear Stan is getting a little taste of popularity... hopefully he'll get used to it and embrace it soon as it's only going to get worse... [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Fresse
    I too don't get the comment about the food .... it sounds negative toward NZ food?? [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Icon_scratch not sure...
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Simona7 wrote:
    I too don't get the comment about the food .... it sounds negative toward NZ food?? [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Icon_scratch not sure...

i thought he was being negative towards OZ food...?
    have no clue....[08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol Unsure
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:29 pm

He was being negative about OZ food - just means he can't cook! 'Cos you cook whatever you like where ever you like - IF you can cook!

Being an ex-pat kiwi, I DO understand his comment about the grass. Over there it is, well, GREEN.

The air? Bit chilly for my liking most of the time!
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm

lol at stan being negative towards the ozi food :^0: yeah maybe he cant cook but coming from his culture its a females job to do so , LOLS ..
    i think he just missed all the traditional foods & gatherings that they usually had & maybe cos n.z have fast food outlets like ` wendys etc which we dont so yeaahhhh ...
    thats my understanding , LOLS ..
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 pm

haha I think what he means and I could be wrong but a lot of aussie women friends I have tell me that the NZ icecream/butter and NZ steak is so much nicer and the icecream is so much creamier because it is very green in NZ so taste differently! I do not know if anyone shops in Aldies but a lot of their food is from NZ!
    I am use to the ice cream etc.. over here but when I go to NZ the first things I want to eat is Samoan food like taro and raw fish! in NZ we do our raw fish with a NZ fish which is hard to get the same taste with an aussie fish and i know Stan mentioned he wanted raw fish to eat. And if your Maori or even I love Puhi and pork bones or watercress and pork bones..yummmmyyyyyyy
    I think our Stan is very tired it is been brought up in here and in FB he looks tired! I think he needs to just have a couple of days rest but I cannot see it happening! I know what it is like when you are out shopping and you meet a few people you know and the time flies and you have not even done the shopping lol..and like me I am always on a mission since I hate shopping
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:44 pm

josephineperrot wrote:haha I think what he means and I could be wrong but a lot of aussie women friends I have tell me that the NZ icecream/butter and NZ steak is so much nicer and the icecream is so much creamier because it is very green in NZ so taste differently! I do not know if anyone shops in Aldies but a lot of their food is from NZ!
    I am use to the ice cream etc.. over here but when I go to NZ the first things I want to eat is Samoan food like taro and raw fish! in NZ we do our raw fish with a NZ fish which is hard to get the same taste with an aussie fish and i know Stan mentioned he wanted raw fish to eat. And if your Maori or even I love Puhi and pork bones or watercress and pork bones..yummmmyyyyyyy
    I think our Stan is very tired it is been brought up in here and in FB he looks tired! I think he needs to just have a couple of days rest but I cannot see it happening! I know what it is like when you are out shopping and you meet a few people you know and the time flies and you have not even done the shopping lol..and like me I am always on a mission since I hate shopping

ahhhh , yes your totally right about the ice-cream .. coming from a hugee tongan family myself , my family goes for gold everytime they see n.z ice-cream . we usually get some shipped over by relative in n.z when they come over , hahas . LMAOO ! but i cant tell the difference cos i just like every ice-cream that taste good , hehe , LOLS ..

omggg , yess raw fish thats the best ! lols eating it with taro , casava , yam or sweet potato .. thats our staple food that we eat with everything , lols ..

im soo happy that stan is able to stay to his truee colors and isnt one of those fake snobby one =) god love himm , yahhh !

xo
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 am

Hi fynesthorse,
    Welcome to the forum! I do have Tongan relatives in Wellington and over here as well! and some of them have such wonderful voices as well! you most probabely related to them and me..grins
    their last names are Saluni
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:11 am

yooo josephine =)

haha thanks this is a cool azzz forum =) omgg i really do believe ALL tongans are related , its so embarassingg talking bout someone and my mum knowing there family somehow ! hahas ..
    geees but its all cool you never know we might be long lost cousins or somethingg , haha , lols ..
    awww cool my family are mostly in the auckland area buht yeaa most of my samoan friends are from the wellington ways =) ..
    such a small world we live in , hehe , LOLS

xo
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Yep I think ole Stan is talking about the boil ups, hangi, watercress, puha, rewena bread, ❤ and the different taste in the food in comparison to Oz which can be bland at times. Nice and green in NZ. But a bit too chilly for me to live there, I am such a sook when it comes to the cooler climate.
    Having lived here for over twentyfive years, I find the kiwi food can be quite rich, I've adjusted to the Oz food but still luv kiwi food every now and then. Oh yes yummy raw fish!!!!! Where's the next hangi???? lol!

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Haha...He'll probably pig out on all his faves again when he returns this weekend at the Matakana festival...If i see him eating something like raw fish, taro, pork bone, puha, hangi, ice cream...I'll snap it cuzzies... [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol 515754
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm

That would be awesome Kiwiana.. [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol 333657 ..and while you are at it plz have some for me...my mouth is watering.....or is it drooling for our dear Stan....lol..belly shaking:)

Enjoy yourself this weekend girlfriend when you see Stan at the Matakana festival....
    shout out a big fat HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Kiwiana...what an awesome birthday present.....seeing Stan sing...you lucky girl you!!! happy dance

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks babe

my mouth is watering too...coz now i feel like all of the above but I gotta take it easy...training to do...and have to look reasonably nice on saturday...man i have a ton of things to do to get ready...dye hair, wax eyebrows, shave legs...choose clothing...ring my uncle for a whare to stay at..lol.. huyya
    hot_chilli
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by hot_chilli Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm so jealous of you Kiwiana, if you see him give him a kiss from me, his Greek fan!! Grin
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Hahaha...lol..with glee:)....being beautiful has its price sunny ...at least you have a couple of days to make sure you're lookin' goooood for Stan.... [08.12.09] Food, whanau, fans - no time to be Idol 333657

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am

no worries hot chilli...altho..... he might remember me from his signing in Auckland and i didnt let go of him straightaway after giving him a kiss there...haha...he might run a mile...lol...but i'll try...take care gurlfriend huyya

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:40 pm