Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+4
Taichimisty
Simona
_KENNY
QueenTiger
8 posters

Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  Empty Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering

Post by QueenTiger Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 pm

source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/stan-walkers-first-original-offering/story-e6frewyr-1225906953727

Stan Walker's first original offering By Cameron Adams From: The Daily Telegraph August 19, 2010 12:12AM

AS ANYONE who had a glimpse of the last Australian Idol, Stan Walker has the voice. Now, he's back on the world stage.
    His post-Idol covers album had the songs, but they were other peoples.

Now he gets to make his own songs on his first original album.

StanHQ have wisely followed the Jessica Mauboy Idol blueprint; take your time and create urban songs that sound like they'd slot into commercial radio.

Pleasingly, many of them are home-grown. Mauboy hitmaker Audius Mtawarira knows the score: the title track borrows Ushers electro thunderclaps and robo- R&B while Walker gets busy praising the Lord.

Melbourne's Israel fires up the Auto-Tune and channels Will I Am for the smooth FM funk of All I Need and pretty much about any urban hit of the past few years for One Thing.

Producer Stuart Crichton (Delta, Kylie) spreads his radio-ready dust all over catchy moments such as Homesick and the Cassie Davispenned single Choose You, and UK star Pixie Lott duets on the rather big ballad The One.

Unbrokens so-so success proved people are tired of Ryan Tedders one trick of dramatic pop (Halo, Bleeding Love etc), even if Walker sings the heck out of it.

Walker's personality shines most when he's less concerned with the charts: the laid-back love groove of With Me, the mellow Stand Up or the unexpected Beatles-esque flourishes in Love Graffiti.

Walker even takes a back seat for Kiwi rapper Young Sid on the albums most hip hop moment, Stuck in a Box.

And for those who want to hear that voice sing something familiar, the lush but simple cover of Desrees Kissing You will cause jaws to drop nationwide. Again.

http://player.video.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/?KliL5BseB0cStBJVEv440_IQbYb

_KENNY
    _KENNY
    STANnified
    STANnified

Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  Empty Re: Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering

Post by _KENNY Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

thats cool that Israel is working on some of Stan's tracks! he makes good beats Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  333657 if you's don't know who Israel is his an Asian/Australian R&B singer
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  Empty Re: Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering

Post by Simona Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:53 am

wow first review... not bad Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  333657

Haven't got he album yet so I'll have to wait to comment
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am

looking good Stan....looking forward to getting the album...at long last...woohoo
    stanozfan
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by stanozfan Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm

i have got the album... Grin Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  163212 happy dance Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  333657 very very very very very good...love it so much been listening to it for the past three hours...
    tter2
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by tter2 Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 pm

The album is great.. have been listening to it on repeat also! Album Review: Stan Walker's first original offering  333657
    surfer
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by surfer Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:45 am

CONGRATULATIONS STAN:-
    INSIDE OUT HAS SHOT TO #1 ALBUM ON I TUNES.
    WOW. THAT IS AMAZING AS WELL AS THE ALBUM.
    CHEERS
    SURFER FROM OZ
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:08 am

I agree totally on the cover 'Kissing You'

[quote]And for those who want to hear that voice sing something familiar, the lush but simple cover of Desrees Kissing You will cause jaws to drop nationwide. Again.
    [quote]

That is Stan's voice and interpretation at its finest!
    I love it! better that Des'rees ' version I must say.
    I see on NZ iTunes is at #80 or so... has been picked up by our cuzzies being a pearl (I reckon) in the album.

I find myself listening to the whole album 'on repeat' without skipping here and there to get to the good bits... 'cause actually the whole ablum is pleasant to listen to.

A big well done to the production team and the biggest BRAVO to Stan... you confirmed once again that you are a star xx
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:16 pm

There are some very good songs on this album. I am loving Love Graffiti! I love the beat so much. Lyrics are great too. Stans done a great job with his originals...freestyling With me.
    I have to say the first time I heard the duet 'The One' in it's entirety I was like..wata I wanna hear Stan more than Pixie...but I do like that song and can't help singing it..and 'Kissing you'...woo baby! haha...

The album is No.1 in NZ this week! yay Stan...and everyday this week Mai~Fm radio station has been promoting it hard out...playing 'Choose You' non stop and 'Stuck in a box'...It's been all over TV...I'm so happy for Stan...and I can't wait for the NZ tour.

Go Stan!! The album Rocks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:06 pm