Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

3 posters

Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post Empty Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post

Post by Simona Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:39 pm

No false Idol

2009 Australian Idol winner Stan Walker is getting ready to show Cairns his true side this week, writes Jesse Kuch

It’s been a crazy six months for Stan Walker.

The Coolangatta-based soul and RnB singer shot to fame as winner of last year’s Australian Idol competition. In the process he scored a signing to heavyweight record label Sony/BMG and an Australian No.2 debut for his first album, Introducing... Stan Walker.

But not one to waste time, Stan was keen to shake the Idol stigma and establish himself as a serious recording artist. He’s already completed a new album, due for release next month.

He’s heading to town on Friday to perform at a free concert in city place, so timeOUT caught up with this nice guy of show business.

Stan says he can’t wait to come to Cairns to perform for all the people who have supported him so far.

"I’m really excited," he said.

"I’ve got friends from Cairns, and they always tell me how beautiful it is. It’s going to be awesome to finally get up there and say hello to all the people who have supported me so far."

Support is something Stan certainly has, especially from his home state of Queensland.

The people’s favourite most of the way through the competition, his angelic voice was always complimented by a "nice guy" attitude that helped him stay one step ahead of his competitors.

While his big win on Australian Idol was only late last year, Stan says the competition now feels like a distant memory.

"It kind of finished when the TV series finished, the buzz now is more coming from me as my own artist now," he says. "I haven’t really had a chance to rest since the show though, it’s all been non-stop."

Putting the TV series to the back of his mind has allowed Stan to focus on the launch of his sophomore album, From The Inside Out, on August 20.

In departure from his debut, his new work features many of his own songs.

Stan says it’s been liberating to discover himself as an artist and he can’t wait to show the world his own music.

"I’ve finished recording it now and am just filming the video for the second single, Choose You," he says.

"It was a whole different experience this time around. The first album was recorded in two days, where as this album took six months to write, record and make a few little changes.

"This album has a lot of my own songs on it, I guess you could say this is my first album as ‘me’."

On a personal note, Stan feels strongly about reconciliation and racial affairs.

Proud of his indigenous heritage, he knows all too well the problems people can face over their skin colour.

"I’m indigenous, so it’s the same colour, same story and different place," he says.

"I know the struggles and what causes them.

"I want to be a hope or inspiration to people, no matter what circumstances they come from, to show what can happen if you work hard, take an opportunity and run with it.

"I know a lot of Aboriginal and TI people in Cairns, they are my family, and I know naturally, they’ve got everything to make an amazing artist, an amazing sportsperson, an amazing dancer or even an amazing doctor. They need to know that character and hard work are what will keep you going the whole way."

>> Stan Walker hits City Place on Friday for the Australian Apple iPhone 4 Launch Celebration with Optus. The Optus Pop-up store will be open from 6am-2.30pm to purchase the new iPhone, while Stan will be on site from 7.30am for meet and greets, autograph signings and a few more surprises. Stan Walker and band will then perform for free from 9am-10am in Cairns City Place to celebrate the launch.

Fo rmore info check the credit source: http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2010/07/29/120125_entertainment.html

Last edited by Simona on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post Empty Re: Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 am

Thank you for posting this Simo. I am always in awe of the man..and his dedication at whatever he does and his love for his fellowman. I wish I could see him in concert again or just see him again lol. The album sounds amazing. I love the new sneak peeks Chandelier and Stand Up..Stan is brilliant!

aw cuz...he's gonna be singing all those new songs at the concert in October in Melbourne...aw you guys are gonna have so much fun!
     Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post 308681 lol!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post Empty Re: Stan to perform @ Cairn City Place No false Idol - The Cairn Post

Post by Simona Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

yep, i wish i was there ...

anyone knows how it went?
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Haven't heard but I'll keep snooping around for it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 pm