Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+8
kalaivani
KrystaBel
kiwianabananarama
cktmt
Linda
QueenTiger
sarahbunny
Hikoi
12 posters

Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life Empty Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life

Post by Hikoi Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 am

Saw this on the interceder site last night!!

After Stans trip to Haiti, he travelled to Colorado and gave a touching testimony on his
    incredible experiences in Haiti, his idol experience and the troubled path he trod to find
    the Lord!! This is a long video 35 mins, and unfortunately in the end you dont get to hear him sing!
    A bummer, I know, but you will hear Stan many, many, many times over the years to come!! THIS is Stan as you've never heard him before, and this video is gold!!! Its a great opportunity to get to know him better and a touching insight into his life and what makes him tick... Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life 333657 cries LMAO

I may have put it in the wrong section, feel free to move it sunny

Update:
    Stans video of his singing was not included because of copyright restrictions.
    source: http://blog.compassion.com/
    free podcast avaliable on itunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/compassion-interational-chapel/id368256630
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life Empty Re: Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life

Post by sarahbunny Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks for this hikoi will hVe to download as a podcast on iTunes later
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life Empty Re: Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life

Post by QueenTiger Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 am

WOW, Hikoi, thank you so much for the post...What an inspiration our Stan is...This was such a touching interview.
    WOW and to share it also with Mikey & Taya aswell. would love to hear their side of the Haiti journey aswell.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:41 am

I just sat through and watched it all. It was amazing and it was wonderful to hear him speak about it all. Shame about them not including Taya and Mikey as I would have loved to have heard what they had to say as well.
    cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life Empty Stan speaks at Compassion Intl

Post by cktmt Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 am

kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 am

aww...I wanted to see more! Thanks cktmt! I admire Stan more and more each day! xo
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks cktmt for that u/l..omgosh amazing. Sadly it ended just when Stan, Mike and Taya were asked to perform a song off the new Album!!! :(
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

I appreciate my parents even more after listening to Stan's story
    but i rejoice ! God's intervention within the walker family.

Praise God!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 am

Sad life indeed....many trials....learning curves....character building....well done Stanley and family...
    First time heard the full story of his 'once were warriors' life.... Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life 494568 Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life 158573 cries
    So inspirational....filled with hope...understanding....awareness.....
    There is help out there! Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life 52856

hmmmmmm absolutely enjoying wot ur doin' Stanley....yes....agree Kiwiwana....admire him more and more.

Would've loved to have seen more of the clip!!! Stan gives Testimonial on Haiti and his life 52856

Taichi
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:46 pm

I loved this - it answered so many questions for me - now I understand why God touched me the way He did when Stan sang on Idol and why a particular verse from the Bible keeps coming to mind whenever I pray for him...
    I would've loved to have seen the worship/performance as well.
    What an amazing testimony of how God intervened in his life - so powerful.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow, he gets into some details there that i wasn't aware of... I thouhgt the sexual abuse happened when he was in NZ as reported on papers.... anyway, doesn't really matter but I gather he spent a lot of time in Oz... he actually grow up in both countries.
    Also the full description and story about his vision... i didn't know he had a vision about God and his will.... did I understand correctly?
    Geezzz now i understand why he talks and write constantly about jesus and god.... he/they are his 'everything' ... I didn't say I approve I just saying I understand .....
    are Jesus and God two different entities for Stan? so curious to know what he thinks about this.... I know God is the father and Jesus is the son... but he mentions both in his tweets so i wonder who is considered what in his church group... anyone?
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

God is the Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Sometimes as Christians, God is "the Father" to us, sometimes we identify strongly with Jesus "the Son" and "Saviour" and at other times we relate more to God the Holy Spirit "the Comforter" who was sent once Jesus returned to heaven after the resurrection (mentioned in the book of Acts). They are all the same person but 3 distinct identities. Hard to get your head around I know, but it's a "heart" thing. I think what's on Stan's heart at this point in his life is what Jesus has saved him from - beatings, rape, depression, etc, etc which is why he relates so strongly to God the Son (Jesus). As his journey with the Lord goes on, God will reveal other aspects of Himself to him. Hope this helps,

Blessings,

Nic

Last edited by Nicola on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added further explanations)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks Nicola, all that was refreshingly familiar!
    I am a catholic and went every Sat and Sun of my entire childhood to the local church/school run by the clergy.

...I guess my knowledge on the bible and Trinity is starting to fad...
    I have been away from my religion for too long now.
    It sad to think that in those years I have been thought 'religion' (how to be a christian, what to do what not to do) but not how to love God inconditionally and how God loves us back inconditionally....
    just a thought that has crossed my mind more than once lately....
    I wonder if anyone else with a catholic upbringing feels the same as me.

Having said that, I realised that I didn't forget about God .... it was only hidden away somewhere and it wasn't given the value that really deserves.
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:03 pm

I grew up going to church only occasionally - my Mum knew religion too, (Presbyterian in our case) and I knew there was a God somewhere out there, but it wasn't until I had a real encounter with God and understood that He was real and was interested in ME and loved me and could help me in the situation I was in that I became a Christian at the age of 15. If you want to label me, I'm what you call a "born again" Christian, like Stan is. My Mum became "born again' a couple of years after me as she saw how God made a real difference in my life and looked after me and provided for me when she couldn't as a solo mother.
    I have gone full-circle in church attendance and God has now placed our family in the local Presbyterian church in our neighbourhood which is far from boring and irrelevant (like how I remember going to as a child occasionally) and more like the Pentecostal churches I'm used to attending! And going to the local church so that I have support locally as my husband is away frequently is part of what God has done in my life since He started doing something new through Stan's singing 6 months ago.
    Well, gotta go, child #2 is crying as she's just woken up...hope my story encourages you,

Blessings,

Nicola
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Happy for Stan....given me a better understanding of his love for 'the man upstairs'.
    Full kudos to him for wanting to express his love and give praise to God on a daily basis.

We all in our own way have a special relationship with 'the man upstairs'.....coming from different religious backgrounds...be that catholic...hindu...buddhism...mormons...pentecostal...newage...spiritualists...muslim..etc..etc...

Where ever i go....the Universe or God or Higher Power (all mean the same to me) lives with me and in me....i am a child of the universe.
    Without the Universe i would be nothing....would not exist.
    The Universe loves me no matter what....this is called unconditional love...
    And this is wot i find the most humbling of all....no matter how we behave...wot our thoughts are (good or bad)....the Universe loves us unconditionally.

We try...but...our concept of God's love is small in comparison....we think we know...then something comes along to remind us that we only have an inkling of the love God has for us....we still have a long way to go....but....every step forward is always a step in the right direction.

Just a few of my thoughts to share with ya all!
    Many blessings to each and everyone of you!

Taichi
    sarahwithanh27
    sarahwithanh27
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by sarahwithanh27 Sun May 02, 2010 10:44 am

Oh man... It's hard to type through tears!
    His story, although he came from so much worse circumstances than me, I feel in some ways I can relate.
    I've always seen him say that he came from nothing to everything... But I never knew how much he had really been though until now... God bless him, man, what a warrior...
    Praise the Lord for Stan Walker, he's brought me closer to God and I couldn't thank him enough...
    Wow...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 pm