Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

[23-11-09] STAN WALKER: NEW OZ IDOL - MTV News

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[23-11-09] STAN WALKER: NEW OZ IDOL - MTV News Empty [23-11-09] STAN WALKER: NEW OZ IDOL - MTV News

Post by Simona Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:26 am

source credit: www.mtv.com.au/news

Perfect-Piped Performer Releases Album Details...
    Stan Walker beat rock chick Hayley Warner to the title of Australian Idol last night (Nov 22) – and now the world beckons.

Stan “The Man” has landed a recording contract with Sony, a $200,000 artist’s development fund and will see his first single, ‘Black Box’, released this week.

He received a reputation throughout the competition for challenging himself and trying different genres of music. Of all the contestants, he took the most risks, delivering songs as diverse as Purple Rain, Its A Man’s World and even Beyonce’s Single Ladies

The Gold Coast crooner has had top dogs from the US salivating over his soulful pipes and scrapping to snap him up.

Good Charlotte twins Joel and Benji Madden and Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz all told the Melbourne-born boy they wanted to sign him to their own labels.

Jazz crooner guest judge and mentor, Michael Buble, meanwhile, wants to introduce Stan to his producers.

Insiders are already prepping the 19-year-old to be a huge international star as well as a big name Down Under.

Stan, who sent shivers down the nation’s spine with covers of Metallica’s 'Nothing Else Matters', Prince’s 'Purple Rain' and James Brown’s 'It’s A Man’s, Man’s Man’s World’ (yup, that’s its full title!) amongst others, is blown away.

Last night, he beamed: "I just want to thank God ... I want to thank my family for coming and supporting me. My family they came from New Zealand.”

Celebrating his win in unforgettable style, Stan’s Maori family burst into an impromptu haka.

Soulful Stan was born in Melbourne, raised in New Zealand and until recently was working as a shop assistant in Coolangatta, Queensland.

That’s all in the past now, fella.

'Black Box' is available to purchase digitally now, while the physical copy of the single will hit stores this Wednesday (Nov 25).

Stan's debut album 'Introducing... Stan Walker' will be released on December 11.

The album will feature 12 re-recorded studio tracks of some of his best performances on the show, including: 'Purple Rain', 'The Climb', 'Ordinary People' and 'Superstar', as well two brand new songs, 'Think of Me' and his winning single, 'Black Box'.

Keep your eyes peeled for Stan’s new video on MTV from the beginning of December…

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:40 pm