Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+16
QueenTiger
todreaminblue
RobynO99
LASERAsmiles
Laney x
fynesthorse
KrystaBel
Hikoi
Caarlsz
Nicola
kalaivani
kazz
Taichimisty
Linda
Simona
cktmt
20 posters

Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview

cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview Empty Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview

Post by cktmt Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 am

Hey Ya'll..

K so Im a relative newbie to the forum and given some of the posts I've read thus far, I feel a little unworthy of being extended an opportunity to interview Stan in a couple weeks time (it seems there are perks for being a Press Secretary at the Beehive, Praise the Lord! They are few and far between I tell ya). And so, the reason for my post is to extend the opportunity to all you die-hard Stan fans to revolutionise the standard, often repetitive nature of the mainstream media and help me form the crux of my interview..

What I need is suggestions for questions the TRUE Stan fans want answered. While the media coverage of Stan's whirlwind rise to fame has been an amazing journey to follow, I find the same questions are asked time and time again (which I'm sure must get tiresome for him) and some (not all of course) of the questions themselves are often mediocre at best - almost as if the interviewer had read a "Standard interview quesions 101" factsheet prior.. Kudos to the great media avenues that have produced some fantastic stuff however, all I'm saying is that I dont intend on wasting my 25 min slot on "how does it feel to win idol" "where did u grow up" "what are your career ambitions" etc.. Insightful, yes, but I dont want mine to be a 'heard it all before' sort of interview!

Yes, his musical journey of course will be a focal point of the interview (and yes I'll be taking my guitar for HIM to play) but I want an insight into Stan Walker behind all the glitz and glamour.. Does he play sport? Fave sports teams? If he could dine with 5 people, dead or alive, who'd they be? etc etc.. Think outside of the square people!

Ok so heres what I need ya'll to do.. Post some ideas for questions you SSFFer's want answered and I'll select the best to include in my interview! Also post some ideas for songs you'd love to hear Stan sing, pref songs you've never heard before and pref songs he's likely to know..

Lets give Stan the interview of all interviews!
    x
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview Empty Re: Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview

Post by Simona Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 am

Hi cktmt, great post!

I am thrilled for you! What a great opportunity! Congratulations on getting the job!

Thank you so much for taking us into consideration. The SSFF feels honored by your request.

I think you had a brilliant idea. Sure at Stan's State forum we have one of the best insight into Stan's life and career, as far as fandom is concerned, thanks to our longtime dedication to this young artist.

It would be wonderful and exciting if the members have valid and interesting suggestions for the interview and feel like sharing it with you and the forum.

I have just one question for you in regard to this process. If any question is picked to be included in your interview with Stan, do members and the forum get a mention? I think it'd be fair. Please, what is your view?

Thank you again cktmt. simo.

ps. This topic has been moved to the "Other Stan Related Discussions" forum. I will leave a shadow in the "Latest News" forum for easy retrieval.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview Empty Re: Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview

Post by Linda Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 am

Wow! CK what an honour for you and what a great idea. Congratulations on scoring this little nugget!

I'm a little bleh! with the media at the moment because as you said, they are asking the same type of questions and there seems to be no new news!

I have some questions filed somewhere but they are very general in nature (ie: height, shoe size LOL) so I'll get my thinking cap on and see if I can rattle off a few humdingers for your interview.
    WTG!
    cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

[quote="Simona"]
    I have just one question for you in regard to this process. If any question is picked to be included in your interview with Stan, do members and the forum get a mention? I think it'd be fair. Please, what is your view?

Absolutely! Both the forum and its members will get credit, where credits due.. In fact, thats likely to be the angle of the interview - "A little black box of questions: what the fans really wanna know" .. haha.. And we all know SS is where all the true fans are. And whats more, Stan knows it too!

Yay, keep the ideas flowing
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 am

cktmt wrote:
    "A little black box of questions: what the fans really wanna know" .. haha..

omg... I love that! Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview 333657 and love your enthusiasm ck! will keep ideas coming your way....
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm

OMG....CK how absolutely brilliant for you...

I believe Benji Marshall is one of his favourite league players...if so....
    How did he feel when he got to sing the climb to Benji at the Maori Sports Awards?

What sports does he like?

If he had a choice between playing League and Union which would he enjoy more?

Does he prefer takeaways or home cooked meals?

Is he interested in visiting the third world countries?

Has he considered sponsoring a child from the third world countries?

What are his thoughts on the atrocities happening in these third world countries?

How does he feel in regard to Haiti's sad plight?

What are his thoughts on the plight of the homeless?

Just of the top of my head....

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Some questions I, myself would love to ask would be:

Ultimately what does Stan want to achieve with his musical career or goals?
    If he had one thing he could use his popularity/fame for what would it be?
    What are his expectation of himself?
    How does he think he's grown and matured since winning idol?
    What does he think he'll be doing when he is 30?
    What does he really think of his fans?
    What does he think is his worst flaw or worst character trait?

ok these are just some....... they might be worth thinking about?
    kazz
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by kazz Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Many fans with varying ages and backgrounds have written that this is the first time they have felt passionate enough to join fan clubs and forums and post messages for stan,What does he think it is about him that has all his fans united?
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 pm

hi Cktmt,thank you for coming into this forum.LOL
    Questions for Stan
    1) Besides the entertainment artists(singers,actors and mucisians)which famous person he admires the most,this could be anybody from world leaders,philosophers, artists,poets, athletes etc etc. and why?
    2)After a hectic day,what does he do to wind down, and have some "me Time"?
    3)Does he enjoy reading?
    4)How will he deal with bad critics, or anthing written about him which was not true?
    5)As a fan,i like everything about him,what are the things that make him uncomfortable?
    6)What will make the" One Stan Walker" happy?
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:35 pm

My Questions to Stan:

1. Knowing your desire/wish to be a role model to young Indigenous, New Zealanders and Australians is your role as Sony Foundation Ambassador fulfilling that desire/wish or should we expect to see in the future a Stan Walker Foundation, e.g. for music scholarship?

2. If you are stuck in a lift for hours ad hours, name 5 people you'd NOT want to be there with you excluding fmily and friends.

I know Stan might say "oooh that's mean!" in a bad way so alternative questions are:

If you have to take 5 people in a "Big Brother" situation (for 3 months) who would you pick? excluding family and friends or you may pick one family member if you cannot stay without him/her.

or
    Name 5 people you would like to be (or not to be) your neighbour (excluding family and friends).

3. If you could build your house what style would it be? minimal? extra luxury? beach house? farm house? and where in the world?

that is it for now... Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview 466632

Last edited by Simona on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typos)
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 pm

wot great questions Linda and Simona.....love them!!!
    cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Wow, some awesome suggestions already - keep em comin! I particularly like the ones that are off the proverbial 'beaten track'.. Will give an insight into the somewhat 'unseen' side of Stan, well heres hoping!

My thoughts so far are that:

1 - the interview needs to be entertaining first and foremost.. You can tell that Stan looks a heck of a lot more comfortable in the radio interviews where he gets to be a bit of a clown (without too much effort as well lol).. The Edge & NovaFm Radio interviews are two that come to mind! So I've an idea (that needs to evolve) of the interview being a combination of "dont forget the lyrics" meets "Truth/Dare" meets "Word association" meets "Striptease - for each question he answers incorrectly he takes off an item of clothing" hahahaha.. Scrap the last one, my mind went other places momentarily! he he he

I imagine there will be 'serious' question time as well so all the career/ aspiration/goal type questions will have a place too.. After all, I'm not only repping SS! lol

I've had a few other really cool suggestions via PM also.. Getting Stan to whip me up a meal or a smoothie (cos apparently thats his forte') in 5 minutes, asking Stan to set the scene for what would be an ideal night of romance, what qualities in a wife he is looking for, top 5 people hed like to collaborate with, best childhood memory, phobias/fears, giving him a topic and a guitar and he has to make up an impromptu song, a game of 1 on 1 basketball (I'm assuming I'd have to be the opposition, hmmm) with the winner chosing the losers punishment - not sure I concur with that one? haha..

I'm pretty confident I'll win him over with my trump card though - my dad makes THE best rawfish in the whole entire world (his fave food right?) and will make sure all the NZ goodies they dont have in Oz are in abundance.. Thats sure to seal the deal huh?

Awesome effort so far everyone, keep the ideas and suggestions coming! My thoughts are that I will pick a selection of either the most popular and/or quirky questions and with the rest I'll put into a 'black box' and they can be quick fire questions that Stan can pick from..

Look forward to reading more thoughts and ideas
    x
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Fanbloodytastic CK!
    Love the direction you're going with it. Picking questions out of a black box is a great idea & the rawfish is a definite!

additional quick fire questions could be:

also fav game besides hide & seek? LOL ie: xbax, guitar hero or somehting like that)
    Does he have any all time fav hobbies
    Does he snore?
    What's his shoe size...... how tall is he (forgot to ask him when we met him)
    Does he get to drive the car he won often and is it a manual or auto? LMAO@me
    how does he now keep in touch with his buddies now that he's so busy
    How much money does he have in his wallet right now (ask him to count it in front of you etc)
    what is in his pocket right now
    What personality trait does he ultimately dislike in a person
    what does he find most attractive in a person (male or female). appearance, spirit, humour etc etc
    what's his all time favourite quote (biblical or general)
    does he consider himself to be a beautiful human being like we do
    what's his favourite cologne? what is he wearing now
    did ashley fang a ride with him in a limo on aus day or did they drive themselves home? LOL
    if he could be anyone in the world today who would he want to be?
    if he could do one thing right now what would it be?
    is there anyone in his family that will likely audition for AI if/when it comes back on

Just thought of this one!
    How did he feel when sharing a dessert with the SSFF members on Aus Day at the Lindt Cafe?

Last edited by Linda on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional question)
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Hey linda i like the cologne bit Big Grin2
    cktmt, just a few more to throw in the black box.
    Ask him to show you some Beyounce moves, or his latest dance moves.
    Sing a song in maori( that will be awesome)
    Does he believe in Karma?
    Would he take up the challenge ,if he was asked to model?
    What it is about the underwear thing?He talked about showing a bit of underwear in one of his interviews and on Idol too.
    Who would be his favourite comedian?
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Speaking of the underwear thing... I want to know what on earth he and James Johnston were up to, stripped down to their undies and laughing like a couple of silly schoolboys caught in mischief. It was shown briefly on James' "leaving video" the night he was voted off. Poor James was front-on covering himself up looking like he'd been caught off -guard and Stan was standing side-on laughing like mad. That has always intrigued me. Were they caught on camera having a water-fight perhaps? Does anyone know the answer to this? Or maybe this could be one of the "black box" questions.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah I noticed that one too Nicola....... shame they didn't explain it a bit more....... i might have to check out James's exit videos on the idol site
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Staying with the underwear topic... on the 20/20 interview he did for TV3 , the reporter got more than she bargained for when she asked him if he had something he wore for good luck for a performance ie lucky red socks (referring to NZ's lucky red socks campaign for the America's Cup challenge a few years ago). Next thing , up comes the shirt, there was Stan's tummy and the top of his undies showing above his trousers and he starts saying that he was wearing red undies he'd bought that day and named the brand, and said how bright he thought they were!! I must admit, I was thinking "too much information Stan!" But it was artless innocence on his part I think, just like kids in the school playground comparing what colour undies they're wearing that day! Despite what he's been through, he certainly can display an innocent, childlike quality about these sorts of things that makes it impossible to take offence as none is intended.
    Caarlsz
    Caarlsz
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Caarlsz Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Thats sooo cool , ur interviewing stan :) congrats !!

I like the idead of asking him about what sports he likes & favourite teams. Also music & movies & tv shows he likes :)
    haha um & what everyone else said is gud . On the cologne topic what bout if he could make his own cologne what would it be called and what would it smell like Razz haha if i think of more i'll let you know Big Smile
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

WOW everyone wot absolutely awesum questions.....so much better than the usual run of the mill questions he gets in his interviews.

Taichi
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:41 am

thanx for this awesome oportunity!

1. If you could have one more talent in your singing arsenal, what would it be? eg. better at performing, focus, writing, harmonies, playing piano and why?
    2. Name a performer and a skill they possess that just blows you away?
    3. Tell us what the difference having a vocal and breathing techniques coach like Erena Clarke has made to your performance, and do you still have to practise some exercises?
    4. Is this life a lot more bigger and scarier than you thought it was going to be?
    5. Have you noticed a change in your personal growth since being thrust into the spotlight?
    6. You had some brilliant mentors throughout your Idol process, James Morrison taught you about singng on the front of the beat, Suzi Quatro brought out the emotion etc... If you could, pick a "new" or "other" dream mentor who you would be thrilled to get help and coaching from , what genre are they in and what makes them stand out, and what could they teach you? flower
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 am

Pardon the typos! Using my iPhone here

when he sleeps, does he dream and is it in colour?
    How does he really feel about having photos taken with his fans
    how does he really feel about screaming fans
    does he like what fame has brought him thus far
    does he live alone or does he live with his family
    is he happy with what Sony has done for him so far
    when does his contractual obligations finish with Sony
    explain his audition process for Australian idol
    is he making a lot of money at the moment from sales of his album or wl that be given to him later
    how many cousins does he really have
    what brand of toothpaste does he use
    pc or mac
    what is his all time favourite posession
    does he believe in Santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy etc lol
    what one thing did he do that made him the happiest ie. What Achievement

apart from god what is his greatest love
    what is he most passionate about
    what really makes him laugh
    what really upsets him
    ok can't think of any more lol

Last edited by Linda on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added questions)
    cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

Wow, you all rock! Thanks so much, the ideas thus far are excellent..

I wonder if I give him the guitar, whether he'd sing all the answers to these fantastic questions?

Can anybody suggest any songs they'd like to request Stan to play and sing? I'd personally love to hear For Your Love, Stevie Wonder - a snippet of the song was played in Stans Top 7 Profile vid and it sounded amazing, albeit too short!

Have had a few more PMs with great ideas too:

-His all time fave song
    -Favourite song to 1)dance to 2)make love to 3)serenade someone 4)relax to 5)workout to..
    -most desirable holiday destination apart from Tauranga
    - his ideal dinner - entree`, main, dessert
    - his ideal date
    - 2 things he never leaves the house without
    - sonny bill williams or benji marshall
    - if he has a signature dish (to cook)

Geez, at this rate, all I'll be doin is the asking! hahaha Love your work people x
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 am

When is the interview supposed to happen? Will we get a sneak peek? Lol

The one song I would really really really love to hear him sing would be...... What a wonderful world
    more questions!
    can we get special seating at his first official gig in Australia? Bwahahah
    can I be his official photographer? Lol
    sorry, couldn't help myself lol

Last edited by Linda on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more questions)
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:53 am

Dont forget to get him to sign your guit!

I love
    "Sad, sweet dreamer" by Sweet Sensation
    "Misty Blue" by Dorothy Moore
    "The Day You Went Away" by Wendy Matthews
    "Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Linda wrote:Pardon the typos! Using my iPhone here

when he sleeps, does he dream and is it in colour?
    How does he really feel about having photos taken with his fans
    how does he really feel about screaming fans
    does he like what fame has brought him thus far
    does he live alone or does he live with his family
    is he happy with what Sony has done for him so far
    when does his contractual obligations finish with Sony
    explain his audition process for Australian idol
    is he making a lot of money at the moment from sales of his album or wl that be given to him later
    how many cousins does he really have
    what brand of toothpaste does he use
    pc or mac

what is his all time favourite posession
    does he believe in Santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy etc lol
    what one thing did he do that made him the happiest ie. What Achievement

apart from god what is his greatest love
    what is he most passionate about
    what really makes him laugh
    what really upsets him
    ok can't think of any more lol

Wow Linda...u are a HARDCORE fan! Im a fan, but me thinks u on a different level..LMAO That's an impressive list of things you'd like to know about/ask STAN!! Truly! When I finally met him, I couldn't get ONE question out..not ONE!! Help Me.. I need questions for Stan Interview 158573 LOLZ ..Starstruck-ness sucks!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:44 am