Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+3
inikamoze
Hikoi
Simona
7 posters

[26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Empty [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ

Post by Simona Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Stan's latest interview to TV2 NZ - 20/20 program.

He's my Idol and hope one day my children will look up to him as their own Idol.

*Edited: The video has been removed from Utube. You can still watch it on the TV2 website. Please follow this link [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_biggrin

Stan The Man on 20/20

source credit: tvnz.co.nz/tv2

Last edited by Simona7 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

[26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Empty Re: [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ

Post by Hikoi Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 am

I saw it last night too! Amazing. I have nothing but admiration for him.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Empty Re: [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ

Post by Simona Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:19 am

Hi Hikoi [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_biggrin

Yes, I have immense admiration for him too. What a inspiring human being this young man is.

I certainly feel his pain and sorrow but what strikes the most is that after watching him describing the hell he went through he still manages to soothe your heart, uplift your spirit with his positivity and optimism.

He says he doesn't regret anything of what happened to him in the past because that what made him who he is today. Strong and mature beyond his years. He should be ambassador for broken people like him.

simo [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Herz
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks very much to everyone who has posted the link to this interview on the idol site. I was so distressed earlier this week when that idiot bear was posting his filth that I hadn't been back to the idol site. I hope the idiot sees one of the links.

Stan's a remarkable young man.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:59 am

[b]
    I know which thread you mean ini, I had written this long reply to that thread but then they deleted it! which is good and bad because what i was going to say in that thread, that me been a kiwi and having children with maori blood in them, I know that people when they have had a abusive lives say 'my life was like once were warriors' it is because the powerful book and movie made such an impression on us in NZ. Stan did live that life and what idol bear was bringing up is something that Alan duff the writer had said that stan should not use that expression because it was about the writers life' Alan Duff can way what he wants but he cannot stop people using his book as a reference to their lives. I remember reading about Sir Winston Churchill who would use the expression 'the black dog' which was meant to mean his depression, people use those words all the time to express their down moods.
    I really do not understand why the forum is used that way and I wonder sometimes if people like bear etc. are paid to liven the forum up in there.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:05 am

yes, josie I understand what you are saying....

Likely we have this forum to talk freely without being the bear type... if someone like bear comes in this forum,,,, believe me ... he wouldn't last 5 minutes.....

thanks for voicing your opinin... it's always well regarded around here

simo xx [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_sunny
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:32 am

Hey Simo,Josie and all fans thank you for the links.
    The 20/20 excerpt is pretty emotional for me.Took me 2 days to absorb everything Stan went through as a child.He is a testimony to all youngsters who are in his situation right now.Stan will make it to the Arias next year and will be in the international stage probably sooner than expected.I'm going to New Zealand next month,i have rearranged my flights so as to watch him at The maori sports presentation at Manukau.Love him to bits.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Kalaivani and friends [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_biggrin

I felt the same after watching that interview. I was shattered and took me a few days to recover... my heart is still aching though.

The power of speech in these circumstances his greater than every other resolution.

I myself went through something similar, luckily for me was not as devasting as our dear Stan had to endure, and I feel this cause very close to my heart.

Child abuse can be defeated if we all name it and shame it ... gives you the strenght to move foward and start the healing process.

I love Stan so much... now even more

simo xx

Last edited by Simona7 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 pm

"i went through something similar"
    Simo, i'm sorry to hear that my friend.
    You write with such passion and to me you have overcome many hurdles.Good on ya.
    My grandparents taught us one thing:
    "Always look out for the less fortunate" and whatever it takes,i'll be supporting Stan till he is fully established.There'll be someone up there to watch over him.Hallelujah!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

thanks Kalaivani
    I'm humbled by your words.
    Your grandparents' words are also gold. Indifference can kill people's spirits. It’s when we care for each other that our souls and lives prosper well.
    simoxx
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:17 pm

josephineperrot wrote:[b]
    I know which thread you mean ini, I had written this long reply to that thread but then they deleted it! which is good and bad because what i was going to say in that thread, that me been a kiwi and having children with maori blood in them, I know that people when they have had a abusive lives say 'my life was like once were warriors' it is because the powerful book and movie made such an impression on us in NZ. Stan did live that life and what idol bear was bringing up is something that Alan duff the writer had said that stan should not use that expression because it was about the writers life' Alan Duff can way what he wants but he cannot stop people using his book as a reference to their lives. I remember reading about Sir Winston Churchill who would use the expression 'the black dog' which was meant to mean his depression, people use those words all the time to express their down moods.
    I really do not understand why the forum is used that way and I wonder sometimes if people like bear etc. are paid to liven the forum up in there.

I begged the mods to delete that thread. It triggered a really bad 'fight or flight' response in me and I couldn't stop shaking and crying. The bear seems very intelligent and just likes to shake things up - I understand that - but this time he I thought he really crossed the line. It upset me for days. No

I'm surprised Duff doesn't like ppl referencing his film. Something so searing and powerful is bound to be used by ppl as a parallel to their own lives scratch

Simona7 wrote:Hi Hikoi [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_biggrin

Yes, I have immense admiration for him too. What a inspiring human being this young man is.

I certainly feel his pain and sorrow but what strikes the most is that after watching him describing the hell he went through he still manages to soothe your heart, uplift your spirit with his positivity and optimism.

He says he doesn't regret anything of what happened to him in the past because that what made him who he is today. Strong and mature beyond his years. He should be ambassador for broken people like him.

simo [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Herz

I agree Simo. I identified with most of what he was saying during that interview and what he said at the end about not having regrets was nearly word for word what I said to my counsellor recently. He is going to reach a lot of ppl with his songs and words.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Ini,
    I feel you my friend. I'm sorry to hear what that thread caused you.
    I could not even go near it and tryed to defuse (don't if it's the right word) it with sarcasm and just reported pronto waiting with my fingers crossed for the deletition.
    I totally agree with you and Stan that... when one's is broken and comes back in one piece, can only be grateful and grew stronger and wiser. I also think that the sensibility and the will power that broken ppl have after overcoming their troubles are twice as strong as before.
    simo xx
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah, I don't normally react so strongly to stuff but there was just something - perhaps the ridicule or the disbelief? - in the bear's thread that set me off. Thank goodness for the mods :cheers:

And more power to Stan! ☀
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:31 am

I begged the mods to delete that thread. It triggered a really bad 'fight or flight' response in me and I couldn't stop shaking and crying. The bear seems very intelligent and just likes to shake things up - I understand that - but this time he I thought he really crossed the line. It upset me for days.

I'm surprised Duff doesn't like ppl referencing his film. Something so searing and powerful is bound to be used by ppl as a parallel to their own lives

Alan Duff can be controversial sometimes, he can say what he wants but to me it sounds like sour grapes because he should be overjoyed Stan is trying to help others Alan and Stan are Maori's so his reaching out to their culture more so
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:53 am

[quote="josephineperrot"]I begged the mods to delete that thread. It triggered a really bad 'fight or flight' response in me and I couldn't stop shaking and crying. The bear seems very intelligent and just likes to shake things up - I understand [b]that - but this time he I thought he really crossed the line. It upset me for days.

Yes Josie, Inkamose- the bear also did not mention Allan Duff's "what becomes of the broken hearted"the sequel to "once were warriors" where Jake the muss starts to realize the importance of family and regrets what his former actions have done to them
    He also takes up pig hunting in the sequel and puts his life in danger to rescue his son from the gang warfare.!!I dont wish to give out to much of the story,as some of you might want to watch the movie.Stan will reach out to his people and some good will come out of it.
    Maggie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Maggie Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks Simo for posting Stan's interviews throughout this forum, they are fantastic.

As for whatever is being said in the Idol forum.... well, I just don't go in there anymore. I have no desire to read the crap in there!

Simo keep up the great work!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Stan is such an Inspiration what a beautiful interview Big Smile
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

josephineperrot wrote:I begged the mods to delete that thread. It triggered a really bad 'fight or flight' response in me and I couldn't stop shaking and crying. The bear seems very intelligent and just likes to shake things up - I understand that - but this time he I thought he really crossed the line. It upset me for days.

I'm surprised Duff doesn't like ppl referencing his film. Something so searing and powerful is bound to be used by ppl as a parallel to their own lives

Alan Duff can be controversial sometimes, he can say what he wants but to me it sounds like sour grapes because he should be overjoyed Stan is trying to help others Alan and Stan are Maori's so his reaching out to their culture more so

Yeah, that's what I would have thought. Might look into it a bit more during the week.

Anyway, even though I mentioned identifying with what Stan said, I just wanted to say that I now have a very happy life, despite growing up the hard way. I was having the odd disagreement with my father-in-law earlier this year which is why I saw a counsellor - wanted some advice from someone not invested in the situation.

If you get a referral from your doctor, the first six sessions (which was more than enough for me) are covered under Medicare. I thought it was great - stops small problems becoming big ones. :cheers:
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Maggie wrote:Thanks Simo for posting Stan's interviews throughout this forum, they are fantastic.

As for whatever is being said in the Idol forum.... well, I just don't go in there anymore. I have no desire to read the crap in there!

Simo keep up the great work!
    awww thanks Maggie [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Herz

I stopped posting in there too... BP asked me if I'd like to start a thread for Stan in the Past Idol forum... I'm not really keen on it right now but i guess I will pop in there sometime in the future [26.11.09] 20/20: Stan The Man - TV2 NZ Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:50 pm