Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+12
Simona
Linda
Tony T
Keitamaanga
kalaivani
RobynO99
Taichimisty
QueenTiger
wolfpackgirl10
kiwianabananarama
Nicola
sarahbunny
16 posters

Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ Empty Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ

Post by sarahbunny Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

The city will commemorate Waitangi Day in Garden Place with a free concert by Australian Idol winner Stan Walker.

In a major coup for the city, Stan Walker has agreed to perform his first free New Zealand concert in Hamilton – where he attended high school before moving to Australia.

It will be an all day alcohol-free event in Garden Place, which this summer has attracted large numbers of people enjoying a range of organised activities as part of the “Summer in Garden Place” programme.

Stan Walker will sing from a stage on the Victoria St edge of Garden Place, during the evening concert, which starts at 5pm (Saturday 6 February).

In the past, city celebrations have been at Innes Common, and it is hoped a move to the city will attract a more youthful and family oriented crowd who will enjoy a festive, multicultural day.

Hamilton Waitangi Day 2010 is organised by the city’s urban Maori authority Te Runanga o Kirikiriroa, with the support of Council.

“Our team is really excited to bring together an exciting youth stage programme and multi-cultural community group performances. The programme will again have lots to offer families and young people from a broad cross-section of the community,” said event co-ordinator Hurihia Taitapanui.

Planning is well underway for the event, which is expected to attract the largest crowd seen in Garden Place for many years.

There will be road closures from 5pm in the central city to manage traffic flow, including parts of Victoria St, Caro St, and Alexander St. The Downtown Plaza car park, under Civic Square, will be closed for entry at 5pm. New Zealand movie Whale Rider will screen in Garden Place at 8.30pm as part of the Classic Hits Outdoor Cinema Series.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Name:
    Monica Holt

Designation:
    Communication Manager

Tel (Direct):
    07 838 6434

Mobile:
    021 815 604

PROGRAMME:

7am: Raising of the flags on the SkyCity building.
    10 am: Powhiri.

11 am - 3 pm: Youth performance programme and activities on the Garden Place stage in front of Hamilton Central Library.

3 pm - 5 pm: Community group and multi-ethnic performances

5pm: Road closures

5.30 - 8.30 pm: Free concert – including headline act by Australian Idol winner Stan Walker
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ Empty Re: Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ

Post by Nicola Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Wow, what an awesome event that will be ...still, I'm in the South Island so I can't get thereStan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 494568. I wonder when he will come to Christchurch?
    Nicola
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ Empty Re: Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ

Post by sarahbunny Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Your guess is as good as mine LOL I'm still waiting for him to come melb but his doing alot of concert thing in nz so he prob will soon
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:00 pm

OMGossshhhhh....I am so going to be tired!!...but its on the way home from Taupo...sooooo....ROAD TRIP!!
    This aint fair ae Sarah for the Melbornites...Oh well I'll be there for you gf...just for you...omg...Hamilton...yes yes yes...we wont sleep in Taupo by the lake now...we'll drive to Hamilton and sleep there at cuzs house...Then converge for that concert....a free concert...oh my life...NZ is blessed...and then...no more Stan!!!...Go to Melbourne will ya!! gees- gimme a break cuz...i have a life you know!! ahahahahaha RU!! Nah Sarah..ill be there for ya.. Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 6608
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

LOL Kiwiana WOW your gonne have seen Stan like 5 times by the end of it bahah road trip good on ya haha Stan in 2 days Wink haha lucky you have fun double charge your camera lol
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:28 pm

oh yea...just finalising details for hamilton now...hadnt thought bout the camera....oh well ive got 2 cameras...haha...

And now plans are being changed in regards to Rotorua free concert...aw man..I dunno...
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Awww how come what plans are changing? LOL
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 am

Rotorua is about 3 and 1/2 hours away from me and it is free admission or $25 for a seated ticket SO that means no one will be allowed to stand at the front of stage in front of the seats im thinking...I went to book a seated ticket and its allocated far away from the stage...Ppl who go in free(20,000 ppl)...will be at the back and sides. Either way there will be no GOOD vid or photos of our man...and he singing maybe 4/5 songs..It makes more sense to me to wait for Taupo concert and now Hamz too. BUT...it is my bdae...and I do wanna see Stan...so it will be a last minute decision depending on what I feel like at the time...hahaha....

Im so happy about Hamz and I am happy we go thru there on the way home so its a done deal. Just have to wing it to the front of stage again...haha...may be harder than i think... scooter
    wolfpackgirl10
    wolfpackgirl10
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by wolfpackgirl10 Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:19 am

WELL! GUESS WHO LIVES IN HAMILTON!! AHEM!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

MUHUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

My dh just advised me last night Stan was coming and im like...hmmmm thats cool...don't think id like the babies around there cause its going to get PACKED!! and he's like yeah....

So....i asked....well...how about i take the older two and you stay home with babies?

AND HE FRIGGEN AGREED!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOZ!! Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 515754

So...looks like we will be there pretty early so we can gt a good seat...FARK thats a lot of peeps to meet up in town! the space ant that big...we saw the stage on Saturday gone as they had a band randomly playing...Im glad they are going to block the roads because its going to gt really conjested!! but im excited!! i finally gt to see him live..woot woot...

Oh and yes..I have four kids....Wink
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:49 pm

here is another article on the above.

source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/3261931/Waitangi-date-with-Aust-Idol/

Former Hamilton man turned Australian Idol Stan Walker is returning to his former home for one night.

The former Hamilton Boys' High and Fairfield Intermediate student is headlining Hamilton's free annual Waitangi Day concert on Saturday, February 6. The event is moving to Garden Place after eight years at Innes Common.

Walker is a win for the event which was at risk of being scrapped due to a lack of funding and sponsorship.

Organised by city urban authority Te Runanga o Kirikiriroa, the event has renewed support from the Hamilton City Council and other major sponsors including SkyCity.

Hamilton Waitangi Day co-ordinator Hurihia Taitapanui said the additional support had enabled the city to host well-known entertainers this year.

"Although the move to Garden Place means there won't be the space for the children's activities and stalls we've had in previous years, we're confident the day-time programme will again have lots to offer families and young people from a broad cross-section of the community," he said.

The Waitangi Day commemorations begin at 7am with the raising of flags and a powhiri at 10am.

Performances by young people, and community and multi-cultural groups will lead up to the main evening concert, which is expected to draw 4000 people.

It will be the first free New Zealand concert the 19-year-old Walker has performed at since he was crowned Australian Idol in November last year.

Ps. Sarah thanks for the post darl but is there a source link for the article. thanks
    wolfpackgirl10
    wolfpackgirl10
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by wolfpackgirl10 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Yea for the kids it will basicly sux! but hay as long as they treat Stan with the upper most respect then shud go well

hamilton has a rep for being sucky at hosting stuff! (cringe!)

xo
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 am

Happy for you both Kiwiana and Wolfpack.....go SSFF....represent us all...woohoo!!!

Taichi
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:25 am

I am very pleased to see he is singing on this particular day - there is a lot of history to this day.

And girls - GO FOR IT!!!!

Damn it - when am I going to get to see him?
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:17 am

Waitangi Day is a very special day to all New Zealanders,and i'm hoping Stan will get to sing the NZ national anthem in maori on day. NZ is such a cool country as they have 2 versions of their national anthem,and i particularly love the maori version.Wish they had it here in OZ.Hmm----.???
    Stan you truly are a person who unites not divide,god bless you.
    Keitamaanga
    Keitamaanga
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Keitamaanga Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:53 am

Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 515754 seeing Stan 2nite yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!! cant w8 he's singing my fav purple rain aswell, shd attract lots of Stan lovers (: Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 563318
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:21 am

Omg Keitamaanga take videos and represent stan state lol
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 pm

sarahbunny wrote:Omg Keitamaanga take videos and represent stan state lol

Hey Keitamaanga, i'm with Sarah, please take video & heaps of photos & yeah represent SS awesome.
    Can't wait to hear your story.... Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 333657 happy dance huyya
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Oh my golly gosh.....u go gurl and have fun....look forward to hearing all about it when U fill us in.....soooo excited for ya.
    Goin' to see Stan....goin to see Stan....doin the hula round the computer.....

Video and photos plz...plz...plz...lol..in anticipation.

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Is keita back wiv news of Rotos concert...Ive seen some vids on You tube by booz..something...is that Keita...who knows??
    Tony T
    Tony T
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Tony T Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 am

Oh man its in Hamilton? sheehs too far....fort he was gna be in Auckland
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Tony...He is performing and doing signings in Manukau, Auckland!! Heres the times cuz...this dramatically changes things again for me...man Stan!!...you da mantis!! I might miss Hamz and come straight home to Aucks!!aaaaaaahhh...Im tired just thinking bout it! Looks like he couldnt turn down Manukau after all....such a hunny!!

"Saturday6 February
    TOI O MANUKAU WAITANGI DAY CELEBRATIONS
    at Barry Curtis Park, Chapel Road, Flat Bush, Manukau
    10am
    DOORS12pm
    STARTFREE
    ENTRY
    GENRES: dnb, funk, reggae, rnb

Live music from 12:30pm, featuring:
    Kora
    Maisey Rika
    J Williams & Erakah
    Sweet & Irie
    ReQuest
    Stan Walker
    plus more TBA

PROMOTER SAYS...
    Alcohol & smoke free event.
    Free kids rides.
    Marketplace stalls.

Bring sunblock and your sun umbrella
    Parking available on site.
    Water available on site — bring your own water bottle.

Sponsored by Manukau City Council, Toi o Manukau, Manukau Water, Wiri Licensing Trust & Mai FM."

What to do??? If I come back home then i aint driving 2 hours back to Hamilton thats for sure...but lucky these concerts are free. Stans performing at midday ppl!!
    Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 306969
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:19 am

Heres the programme cuz...looks like I'll come home instead of Hamz..

Main stage
    11.15am TE TAI TONGA, Maori cultural group
    11.30am LINDA MUNN, designer of the Tinorangatiratanga flag
    11.45am PASSION, Samoan cultural group
    12.00noon STAN WALKER
    12.35pm REQUEST DANCE CREW
    12.45pm FREE PEACE BAND
    1.00pm LIQUID COLOURS
    1.50pm MAISEY RIKA
    2.40pm SWEET & IRIE
    3.35pm J WILLIAMS & ERAKAH
    4.25pm DJ WIL K
    5.10pm KORA
    6.00pm Live stage finishes,event closes
    Signing tent times
    12.35 - 1255pm STAN WALKER
    1.00 - 1.30pm REQUEST DANCE CREW
    2.00 - 2.30pm J WILLIAMS & ERAKAH
    2.40 - 3.00pm MAISEY RIKA
    3.00 - 3.45pm KORA
    3.45 - 4.30pm SWEET & IRIE"

omg...thats a great line up ae??? And signings too...SHOT AUCKLAND!! I am so there...not Hamz!!

See you at the front with ur gloves on Tony.."work on ur jab cuz" lmao Stan at Waitangi Day concert in Garden Place, Hamilton NZ 752819

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : need to delete sumfing..)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:23 am

OMG...Just noticed J Williams will be there...haha...wen he got axed after auditioning for NZ idol a few years back(2003/4) he sung Happy Birthday to me at Valentines Restaurant..haha...only coz my hubby was his teacher back in the day...Hes a star now...ahaha...whole family are so talented musically...remember Emily Williams on Aussie Idol...his sister!! haha..thats a blast from my past!!
    Im still 21...lmao....buhahahahahahaha LMAO
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 am

OK found it! bwahahahaha@me

wow! Sounds like it'll be a great day! Wish I was going............ *hunts down a sugar daddy to spoil her*
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 am

OMG...OMG...Buddy 'U' know so many ppl.....Emily Williams...loved her on AI....personally believe she should have won that year....she was 2 meke!

Yep....i'm wiv 'U' Auckland all the way.....thatz where you live ain't it????

Wot a great lineup of artists.....ooohhh wot joy....so many choices.....veeeery jelly of ya....Hamilton or Auckland or Taupo??????

LOL @ Linda....if you find one maybe he'll have brothers or cousins for the rest of us....lol...can't stop laughing:)....thatz got me funny bone for the rest of the day....cheers Linda...and you have an excellent day!!

Taichi

Last edited by Taichimisty on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add something)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:56 pm