Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+4
QueenTiger
Simona
josephineperrot
Linda
8 posters

Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol

Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Empty Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 pm

I found this on YouTube and thought it might be interesting.
    She discusses her role in AI & how she had to deal with Stan.
    A lot of it is subtitled though.

josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Empty Re: Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks Linda for that, it was on Maori Tv, Erana Clark and her sister were child singers in NZ she had a lovely voice I remember her when she use to sing on Tv. I think she ended up in her 20's with a drug problem that she sorted out thank goodness and has done well for herself..Shes what you call born in the generation where most Moari kids did not speak Moari has you can tell she does not speak it.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Empty Re: Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Cool.
    I didn't know much about her actually and found this quite interesting.
    I thought it was funny when she was speaking about Stan's behaviour and his sweet tooth LOL
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:18 pm

haha..I have a sweet tooth as well..loveeeeeeeeeeeee lollies! she is right most polynesians which includes Samoans/tongans etc..are very shy in front of a camera most of the time.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Yeah,
    I remember him during his audition. She was so shy and nervous.
    Nothing like the man we see today.
    I think Erana had a lot to do with that.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm

is he shy? Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Icon_eek maybe camera shy... not in fornt of an audience... that's where he belongs to me...

anyway with all those interviews he has improved a lot, he has losen up a bit.

I smiled when Erana said in the interview "Stan has very short attention spam" LOL his focus needs to be on when he's at work... hopefully he will improve in that too!
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 pm

LOL
    so true but hey he's only 19 and obviously happy and enjoying his life when he auditioned.
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:15 pm

haha. Thanks Linda, I saw this aswell, i went to post it aswell. But you got in b4 me..haha. what a great interview hey.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 pm

thanks girls, yes well Erana said she had to tell him to sit down etc..haha..shes most probabely has children his age or close to it! I think Stan is like a lot of nervous people can not sit still and can babble lol..so cute
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 pm

I bet you he giggled his head off with nerves
    Oh Eranan certainly had her hands full!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:09 pm

my daughter Raven is a bit like that non stop talking and laughing, it is nerves but his come along way from his first audition
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 pm

He sure has and I htink he's got Erana to thank for that :)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 pm

mz_linda wrote:He sure has and I htink he's got Erana to thank for that :)

yes, erana sounds like an experienced person in the show biz.... I'm sure Stan kept all of her advices in mind. He always says he appreciates so much learning from others and gets what he can to use it in his "job" ....
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 am

I remember Erana said on idol once, that Stan was difiicult to manage and she had to redirect him a LOT.
    I don't think he would have done as well if it wasn't for Erana directing him.
    I was really surprised to see she was one of his backing singers at the Maori Awards.
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:32 am

I expect she's a lot like his mum. She strikes me as someone who's got good instincts but know's the value of good, hard work and knows short cuts can be detrimental to you in the long run. I think Stan trusts her completely to look at what's best for him. He's so lucky to have her in his corner.

Mind you, she's done an awesome job with all the idols! Go back and watch Hayley's 2 rehearsal's and the final of "I'm feelin good". This is a genre Hayley had no experience in and it showed! But with Eranas taking over of her, Hayley gets better with each song as Erana leads her through her harmony, Hayley normally doesnt do harmony! You see Erana talking to her behind the stage, and in the second rehersal Erana punches the air when Hayley hits the right starting note.

By the time the Finale comes around, Hayley is just as spectacular as Stan and Michael! They're like 3 superstars that have been singing for years, and in different genres who have come together for this song!

This is the "singing" voice that Hayley should be cultivating, this is the voice that will get her attention! It distinct like Amy Winehouse and its the first time I've heard her rival Pink in terms of power and beauty.

Pure magic Erana!

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Shame-o, spelt erena thru whole piece!)
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Empty AUSTRALIAN IDOL - Grand Final Rehearsal

Post by Hikoi Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 am

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updating)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:17 am

Awwwwwwwww thanks so much for that!
    I went back to how I felt about the show that night.
    I remeber how happy I was when he won!

I saw Erana do her thing in the background when Hayley started on the right note.
    I was felling good! LOL
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks for posting this - I really liked it - and I can see Erana's assessments of Stan in the Stan we see! Maturity will work wonders, provided they don't rush him.

Given Erana sang with him at the Maori Sports Awards, I think she will have a major role in his career going forward.
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 am

oh thats awesome guys, thanks for posting, didnt know this vid existed. I wonder how stan is doing in NZ...i guess i should check the NZ charts. i have noticed that his single black box, keeps climbing up the charts slowly, now its #4!!! this is great, when did idol finish again? it feeel sooo long ago now!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks Hikoi for the vids.

I saw Erana at the back during the 2nd rehaersal ... she was wrapped with Hayley. You can hera the progression of her preformance getting better each time. It's lovely to see how passionate Erana is with her pupils. she can only do good with Stan and I'm happy she is his singing couch.

Now, just a word on Buble.... Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Icon_eek how freaking amazing he is? omg that man can siiiiiing and his moves are so on!!! love it!
    I love it too when is Stan's turn to singing and he is stoked with his perfomance. LOL Stan sounds like a professional, he was excellent from the first rehaersal.... no many singers can do that! Buble said that Stan is a better singer than him. He has a natural talent. He gives me goosebumps in this song.... also his bootilicious moves are sexy and spot on, while Hails' moves look a bit awkward Erana Clarke Discussing Stan on Idol Icon_neutral
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank Hikoi for the post...I loved it when Stan sang with the Buble..I can so see them both working together in the future.... That would be awesome...
    Simo i agree i remember when buble was mentoring them aswell and said that Stan had a better voice as well...
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:03 am

Hikoi wrote:I expect she's a lot like his mum. She strikes me as someone who's got good instincts but know's the value of good, hard work and knows short cuts can be detrimental to you in the long run. I think Stan trusts her completely to look at what's best for him. He's so lucky to have her in his corner.

Mind you, she's done an awesome job with all the idols! Go back and watch Hayley's 2 rehearsal's and the final of "I'm feelin good". This is a genre Hayley had no experience in and it showed! But with Eranas taking over of her, Hayley gets better with each song as Erana leads her through her harmony, Hayley normally doesnt do harmony! You see Erana talking to her behind the stage, and in the second rehersal Erana punches the air when Hayley hits the right starting note.

By the time the Finale comes around, Hayley is just as spectacular as Stan and Michael! They're like 3 superstars that have been singing for years, and in different genres who have come together for this song!

This is the "singing" voice that Hayley should be cultivating, this is the voice that will get her attention! It distinct like Amy Winehouse and its the first time I've heard her rival Pink in terms of power and beauty.

Pure magic Erana!

Nice Post Hikoi..definately gave me food for thought - specially in terms of Hayley - Erana improving her harmony voice.. but yeh Erana ROCKS! Awsum for Stan to have her in his corner.. and I believe she was at Taupo last night too - BV's?? Wow! LOVE IT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:27 pm