Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+22
Kaitiakis_Mummy
kalaivani
LASERAsmiles
Stan Walker Girl
fynesthorse
todreaminblue
shoooshoo
Hikoi
Linda
Simona
Sammy
QueenTiger
KrystaBel
johnbrandon
SAGirlie
sarahbunny
Taichimisty
inikamoze
josephineperrot
nick_93
Ataahua
RobynO99
26 posters

ARIAS

Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

ARIAS - Page 10 Empty Re: ARIAS

Post by Sammy Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Simona wrote:
    Well, Stan's single is doing outstanding! Thanks Sammy for that insight! and I bet his album will perform great (sale wise) in the coming weeks.
    Here is a bit of an idea of the sales of both album and single. I can't tell you how much he sold in the last two weeks, but I can tell you what he sold more than in most cases.

Album.

Week 1 sort of plus the real week 1 - 22,124

Week 2 - Pink came in at #8 with sales of 20,265. So Stan sold more than that.

Week 3 - Haven't got any clues with this one yet. Hopefully Auspop will do a Chart Watch this week. Sales will be down for the album, both because of its chart position, and also because sales drop significantly across all albums after xmas.

But my guess would be the total sales for the album so far would be over 50,000. This is a real guess mind, as we really have no idea what any of the album sales were last week until a media outlet posts them. And week two may forever be a mystery unless auspOp does a backdated Chart Watch.

The single is easier.

Week 1 - 15,533
    Week 2 - 17,493
    Week 3 - 12,271
    Week 4 - 13,384

Total 58,681

Week 5 - From my other source. Art Of Love at #9 sold 9,772, so Black Box must have sold a fair bit more.

Week 6 - The first week after Christmas is huge for singles, unlike albums. Art Of Love at #9 sold 16,065 Shocked so Black Box must have sold really big. Likely its highest sales since debut.

So we have 58,681 plus more than 25,837 in the next two weeks. Comes to 84,518+. Well and truly over 85,000 I would say.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:17 pm

YAY go Stan his single is doing great why it says its still gold i don't know his way over platinum and his album is doing alright to Big Smile soooo happy for him oh bte thanks sammy Big Smile and just by interest you would happen to know how many singles Hayley has sold?
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow sammy Shocked i looove your style ARIAS - Page 10 Icon_cheers

Thank you so much for your post but all your posts are excellent ARIAS - Page 10 Icon_cool You should post more often! ARIAS - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Now I'm feeling fairly happy with these sales figures... you worked them out based on valid sources and solid down to heart calculations.... thank you thank you! ARIAS - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey sammy, welcome to SS forum, thanks for the posts....
    :cheers: Yah for Stan :cheers:
    Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm

sarahbunny wrote:YAY go Stan his single is doing great why it says its still gold i don't know his way over platinum and his album is doing alright to Big Smile soooo happy for him oh bte thanks sammy Big Smile and just by interest you would happen to know how many singles Hayley has sold?
    There are a few Sony artists who need accreditation updates, so my guess is that the Sony department which is responsible for the paper work is on a break. Record companies are very quite during late December/early January.

Haley's is harder because there are no figures for songs below her in the last two weeks to give a guide, only songs above. Here is a bit of a guess.

Week 1 she was came in at #11 and had sales of 8,063 according to Auspop. In week 2 she was at #12. Art Of Love was 3 spots ahead and sold that 9,772. So maybe Good Day sold 9,000. In week 3 she is at #28. Like It Like That is at #19 and in this big selling post xmas week sold 8,638. I would guess a song 9 spots lower would have sold at least a thousand less if not more. So we will be generous and say 7,600 for Hayley.

Week 1 - 8,063 (definite)
    Week 2 - 9,000 (educated guess)
    Week 3 - 7,600 (educated guess)

So the total would be around 24,660 or so. She will likely get gold accreditation, but going on how quickly the single is falling it is not ever likely to reach platinum. Unless it hangs around in the lower part of the chart for months and months. Sales will go back to normal in a few weeks time, and songs below 20 will sell no more than a few thousand a week.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:13 pm

ok thanks for that Sammy :) your very aria smart lol
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Sammy, you are a gem. Where do you get all this stuff? LOL. Are you sure you aren't an industry insider?

I was really worried whether digital downloads were included in the accreditations for Gold and Platinum, as they talk about shipments FROM the record companies TO retailers - and try as I might I could NOT get onto the ARIA accreditation site to confirm, but Wiki (which I never trust) says digital sales are included.

Which if you think about it is weird, as the accreditation is then a mix of wholesale and retail sales. Mind you, given the total flip in the industry (see my Decade post about the industry changes, link below) they'd almost have to include digital downloads, as physical sales have dropped right off.

https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/off-topic-f16/a-decade-of-change-t290.htm
    Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm

RobynH99 wrote:Sammy, you are a gem. Where do you get all this stuff? LOL. Are you sure you aren't an industry insider?

I was really worried whether digital downloads were included in the accreditations for Gold and Platinum, as they talk about shipments FROM the record companies TO retailers - and try as I might I could NOT get onto the ARIA accreditation site to confirm, but Wiki (which I never trust) says digital sales are included.

Which if you think about it is weird, as the accreditation is then a mix of wholesale and retail sales. Mind you, given the total flip in the industry (see my Decade post about the industry changes, link below) they'd almost have to include digital downloads, as physical sales have dropped right off.

https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/off-topic-f16/a-decade-of-change-t290.htm
    Digital sales are included for everything these days, including accreditations, the ARIA charts, the End Of Year charts and the ARIA Awards highest sellers. This was changed in 2007 I believe, as the digital market began to dominate singles sales. It was starting to become unfair, as sometimes the highest sellers were actually mainly digitally bought, and were not appearing in the charts because those sales did not count.

It hasn't really affected the album charts much at all, even now, because people still prefer physical copies of albums. But if digital sales were not counted for accreditations and chart position for singles now, you might have someone with a less than a thousand sales at #1 on the ARIA chart, and someone with thousands and thousands of sales not even in the top 100. And no one would ever get a gold or platinum single ever again. That is how few physical singles are sold these days. Within the next year or so they will no longer exist at all. Another thing which has really happened because of digital sales is that singles now are very rarely over accredited. Because the physical single is almost obsolete, it is hard for record companies to create false accreditations for their artist's singles, as they would find it difficult to find a retailer willing to take an oversupply. So apart from a very rare occurance, singles are usually accredited correctly.

But it is now more complicated for the record company to supply accreditation proof to ARIA, because there are so many different forms of a song, mixes, videos, ringtones etc, and so many different download sites. In the past before digital sales counted, all the record company had to do was to keep a tally of shipped units. Once it reached the required amount they sent the proof to ARIA, paid the fee and the cd was given its accreditation. Now they still have to supply the same proof, but they haven't actually shipped anything except a few physicals, so they dont have any shipping records. The download site is creating the downloads, likely from a master copy or file(Something like that anyway. Computer gizmos are not my forte Razz). The record company now has to go to so many sources to find out what used to be in their own departments. So much more effort required. So hence sometimes accreditations are delayed quite a bit.

The stupid thing is though, that as the download and other retailers report sales directly to ARIA, ARIA actually knows when a cd has reached an accreditation level. But they still insist on the record company supplying the proof. They should just hand out the accreditations as the sales reach the correct point. But I guess then ARIA wouldn't get the fee for auditing the record company documents. Auditing which probably amounts to getting an office junior to check up the song's sales on the ARIA computer :^0:

I am just a very avid chart watcher. Keenly interested in Australian chart history. That is how I know so much. Just from studying the ins and outs of the charts, and checking out the rules and information on the ARIA site. And boy oh boy, I have probably sent you all to sleep. What a long post :^0:
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks so much for the info Sammy. Great stuff and makes perfect sense - well, your ost makes sense - the industry I am not so sure about! LOL
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 am

Sammy what would we do without you! to tell us all the facts which makes my brain hurt just reading the posts on sales! they had an article where they said susan boyle only sold under 2000 digital sales of her album in aussie where all over her sales have been physical that goes with Michael buble as well the older generation prefer the album in their hands lol
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 am

Hi Sammy welcome aboard!

Do you have a idea or theory on why Stans single was released midweek(Wednesday)? Is this something that is done often in the music world? At the time people were wondering why Sony wasnt taking advantage of a first full week for his totals. At the time, Tiktok was number 1 and she was Sony (if that factors into the equation?). Neutral
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 am

Thanx Sammy for keeping us up with everything...you do an awesome job....have learnt so much.
    Always look forward to reading your posts!!!

Taichi
    Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 pm

josephineperrot wrote:Sammy what would we do without you! to tell us all the facts which makes my brain hurt just reading the posts on sales! they had an article where they said susan boyle only sold under 2000 digital sales of her album in aussie where all over her sales have been physical that goes with Michael buble as well the older generation prefer the album in their hands lol
    Yes. Albums do not actually get many downloads, even via the younger generation (at least not legal downloads). Honest people young and old prefer the physical album. Only around 10% of legally bought albums are downloaded at the moment, compared to over 90% of singles. Susan and Michael have a huge advantage in album sales that many artists don't because their albums are mainly bought by the older generation, who don't usually steal music. Many younger people think it is their right to take music when they feel like it. Really unfair, considering albums are actually dirt cheap in real terms these days. Only 7 years ago an album set you back over $30. Now the price is under $20 in most stores. And look how much salaries etc have gone up since then. The cost of a cd is probably not much more than a couple of fancy drinks at the night clubs the thieves went to on the weekend. And yet because so many people steal music the artists suffer. The very artists whose music these people enjoy. Sux big time.

What I find strange is how healthy the singles market is compared to the album market. Begs the question. How many illegal downloads of singles is there, when there are so many legal ones. Must be a huge illegal download trade in singles. How much cost to the music industry there Shocked

Hikoi wrote:Hi Sammy welcome aboard!

Do you have a idea or theory on why Stans single was released midweek(Wednesday)? Is this something that is done often in the music world? At the time people were wondering why Sony wasnt taking advantage of a first full week for his totals. At the time, Tiktok was number 1 and she was Sony (if that factors into the equation?). Neutral
    They have released the idol winner's single early for a few years now. Not unusual. But why they released the album early without any promotion is beyond me. Fortunately it didn't really affect his position in the first real week, and those sales still count towards his overall total.
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Found some info for all. Aria releases end of year Aussie charts. Well done to Stan No #16 on album & No #9 for BB single. :cheers:

ARIA Releases End-of-Year Aussie Charts
    January 4, 2010 by lkatulka
    Leave a Comment
    ARIA has published its end-of-year charts, giving us a good look at how our local artists fared in 2009. It’s no surprise to see some big names like Jessica Mauboy, Hilltop Hoods, and Empire of the Sun well represented, but thrilling to see some of my sentimental favourites – Lisa Mitchell, David Campbell, and Keith Urban – making their presence felt. Hats off to reigning Australian Idol Stan Walker too who managed a lot in just a couple of months. Without further ado, here’s how 2009 washed up for the locals!
    TOP 20 AUSTRALIAN ARTIST ALBUMS 2009
    20. Wes Carr – The Way The World Looks
    19. David Campbell – Good Loving
    18. Guy Sebastian – Like It Like That
    17. OST – Packed To The Rafters
    16. Stan Walker - Introducing …
    15. Natalie Bassingthwaighte – 1000 Stars
    14. Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu - Gurrumul
    13. Keith Urban – Defying Gravity
    12. Lisa Mitchell – Wonder
    11. The Presents – Apocalypso
    10. Eskimo Joe – Inshalla
    9. AC/DC – Black Ice
    8. Sarah Blasko – As Day Follows Night
    7. Jimmy Barnes – The Rhythm And The Blues
    6. Powderfinger – Golden Rule
    5. Kate Miller-Heidke – Curiouser
    4. Mark Vincent – My Dream, Mio Visione
    3. Empire Of The Sun – Walking On A Dream
    2. Jessica Mauboy – Been Waiting
    1. Hilltop Hoods – State Of The Art

TOP 20 AUSTRALIAN ARTIST SINGLES 2009
    20. Guy Sebastian ftg. Jordin Sparks – “Art Of Love”
    19. Jessica Mauboy – “Because”
    18. Natalie Bassingthwaighte – “Alive”
    17. Wes Carr – “You”
    16. Eskimo Joe – “Foreign Land”
    15. Cassie Davis – “Like It Loud”
    14. Jet – “She’s A Genius”
    13. Empire Of The Sun – “We Are The People”
    12. Wes Carr – “Feels Like Whoa”
    11. Jessica Mauboy – “Been Waiting”
    10. Jessica Mauboy – “Up/Down”
    9. Stan Walker – “Black Box”
    8. Empire Of The Sun – “Walking On A Dream”
    7. Natalie Bassingthwaighte – “Someday Soon”
    6. Hilltop Hoods – “Chase That Feeling”
    5. Jessica Mauboy – “Burn”
    4. Evermore – “Hey Boys And Girls”
    3. Vanessa Amorosi – “This Is Who I Am”
    2. Kate Miller-Heidke – “The Last Day On Earth”
    1. Guy Sebastian – “Like It Like That”

Image source: ARIA

source: http://www.ozmusicscene.com/aria-releases-end-of-year-aussie-charts/
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:51 pm

ARIAS - Page 10 163212 well done to Stan!
    that's very good considering that his music only came out at the end of the year!

Thanks QT ARIAS - Page 10 764136
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

No probs. It's awesome hey..Stan has done so well.. ARIAS - Page 10 333657 As the article says:
    "Hats off to reigning Australian Idol Stan Walker too who managed a lot in just a couple of months"
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Given when his album was released, I think that is FANTASTIC! Right at the end of the year and still made it into the top 20. Woo Hoo
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 pm

According to the Herald Sun in Melbourne today (January 10), Stan is not in the top 5 for Singles or Albums in this week's ARIA Charts. Will have to wait until the upload tonight to see exactly where he is. I think he'll still be Number 1 on the Australian Music charts though - at least I'm hoping so.

Hopefully we will also see some numbers beside that Platinum accreditation and the single go Platinum. If he is still in the top 10 I'll be happy.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 pm

yer i saw that too his single is prob #6 or #7....and should def be platinum since it is way over platinum...and his album i dunno prb #10
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm

OK - it's up:

6 for the Single, now PLATINUM

8 for the Album, still only 1 x Platinum, and as the single has been updated, we can only assume there is no second platinum yet for the album.

However - both still in the top 10, so woo hoo!!

Still number 1 on both Album and Single Australian music charts! Also still number 2 on the Urban Album Chart.

Not sure why he doesn't make the Dance or Club scharts - but seems very little Australian music does. Weird.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Fantastic news Robyn, Stan is still in the top 10 with Black Box and PLATINUM ARIAS - Page 10 913396 .. And the Album is is still in top 10 also!! happy dance
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:56 pm

WHen you consider the competition out there on todays market Stan has done exceptionally well!
    Way to go! yeeeeehawwwww ARIAS - Page 10 913396
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:42 pm

A bit slow but YAY
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm

well done for the platinum with BB ARIAS - Page 10 163212

Stan's still going strong! I'm guessing after the performance on Aus Day the sale will go a little .... just wait and see!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:04 pm

are we sure his singing black box on Aus day? lol maybe he will sing waltzing matilda LMAOOOOOO jokes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 pm