Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+22
Kaitiakis_Mummy
kalaivani
LASERAsmiles
Stan Walker Girl
fynesthorse
todreaminblue
shoooshoo
Hikoi
Linda
Simona
Sammy
QueenTiger
KrystaBel
johnbrandon
SAGirlie
sarahbunny
Taichimisty
inikamoze
josephineperrot
nick_93
Ataahua
RobynO99
26 posters

ARIAS

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

ARIAS - Page 6 Empty Re: ARIAS

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:08 pm

lmaoo bahaha seriously how do you find that out? Any little bit counts haha
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Haha, I found it in some article Razz
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 pm

yep haha I just saw that too funny how the arias say his gone platinum but his only sold just over 20,000 albums lmaoo theybshould just say gold or platinum for the number they actually sell haha hopefully he sells another 20,000 or more nwxtbweek.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 pm

omgoooooooooooooooood ARIAS - Page 6 Fresse

Stan's album has debuted platinum! thanks sarah for pointing that out!
    His single is still up there, Gold, #3 ..... yuss!

Hayley 's single debuted at #11...not bad aye?!
    The phisical sales see her on #3 behind Stan who is #2 this week.

What great results for our Stanilicious!!! ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_cheers
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 pm

haha I'm guessing that's sarcastic because that's pretty bad haha number 11 Razz haha techniquelly his hasn't actuallyngone gold yet Neutral weird but by next week hopefully his sold over 40,000 albums...man aus is stingy haha they don't buy much anymore Wink
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:24 pm

my post just left..gone..vamoose..I wrote that on the arias website there is also the top 20 single Australian chart and his black box is no 1 there
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:28 pm

oh yer forgot bout that haha I'm gonna guess his album is #1 on that considering Boyle and buble arnt Aussie and stans 3rd
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:41 pm

sarahbunny wrote:haha I'm guessing that's sarcastic because that's pretty bad haha number 11 Razz haha techniquelly his hasn't actuallyngone gold yet Neutral weird but by next week hopefully his sold over 40,000 albums...man aus is stingy haha they don't buy much anymore Wink

no sarcarsm with Hayley... in a top50 single chart to debute at #11 is pretty good for a new artist.
    sarah what do you mean he hasn't gone gold yet? with his album? ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_eek his album debuted PLATINUM means he sold more than 70,000 copies of it .... he went straight to Platinum without stopping by Gold ARIAS - Page 6 Lol

now, he should go on and be 5 x platinum... and i'll be happy.... that would mean he surpassed Damien L. who sold 300,000 copies of his "the winner's journey"

Last edited by Simona7 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 pm

ohhh well ok...no remember what sammy said that means that shipped him platinum so he ultimatically goes platinum he only sold 20,957 albums haha behind buble who sold 40,000 and Boyle who sold 245,000 in one week :0 LOL but still haha I'll take that as something good Razz still good job stan
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:59 pm

..dont no what happened to my last entry?? haha Same as u josie!

Anyway I am thrilled for Stan to debut on the Album chart at No.3 and PLATINUM!! And Black box at 3 but GOLD! Thank you Australia! Your market is huge and tough...hey, our small town boi done good (lols) Big Smile Yay Stan!!

Is there any pressure for Stan to do better than the previous Idol winner/s?? Does he have to prove himself in that area?? If so, I hope he is shining above all previous Idol performers..even Guy (sorry Guy, u cool but Stan is da bomb!)
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

ARIAS - Page 6 Empty Stan's Album goes Platnium!!!

Post by shoooshoo Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Praise God, Stan's album goes Platnium:

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1G50

this was first put on facebook by starfish...who is starfish anyway???

So this is great news!!! :) ...i dont really know what it means , i know it means he has sold at least 70,000 units...but does that mean it is a success? he is going to be rich???? other recording companies will be interested in releasing something for him? sowwy lots of questions.

Last edited by Simona7 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : merged same content topics.)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Lmaooo hate to be the bubble burster but even though I don't quite understand myslef...Stan actually only sold 20,985 albums this week but his album as obviously shipped 70,000 units to the stores which even if he doent sell them all it still means that his platinum...strange I know Neutral but that's still good though :)
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:28 pm

they shipped some to NZ how many I do not know..but then we will have to see the NZ charts and that is normally not till Tuesday! I am sure with both countries his sold over half of what they did ship out to shops etc..
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:32 pm

nah does not matter where he comes compared to the other winners! at least his getting a percentage of it not like the others..which to me is important that his hard work something is given back..I like to know though how many sold in NZ of his album then we can work out a number..journey albums are normally just for Australians but because of the big interest in NZ they shipped it out to them..
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm

no krystabel no pressure to perform ... but you know in this business ppl will compare the idol's sales and judge the singer for it. I'm a die hard fan and would like Stan to perfom top sale numbers but if he doesn't I still be here to support.

As for damien selling 300,000 copies, I went back on this thread and Sammy said that Guy was the highest selling idol... debut single and debut album... he went 7 x paltinum ARIAS - Page 6 11312 so that's nearly 500,000 album sales... LOL
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:44 pm

nick_93 wrote:Haha, I found it in some article Razz

could you please provide the link to this article? would be nice if you could share it with everyone else ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_biggrin ...
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 pm

haha simona...ataahua posted the article its the one caled susan boyle murders micheal buble lmaoo
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Simona7 wrote:

could you please provide the link to this article? would be nice if you could share it with everyone else ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_biggrin ...

Yes Mam!

Here: http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9839_Susan_Boyle_Murders_Michael_Buble
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

that's right josie... combined sales in NZ and in OZ... will give out big numbers! ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_wink
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:47 pm

sarahbunny wrote:haha simona...ataahua posted the article its the one caled susan boyle murders micheal buble lmaoo

there you go! Razz
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:49 pm

nick_97 wrote:Yes Mam!

gosh ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_eek please don't call me mam... make feel old ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_razz ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_redface
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:50 pm

sarahbunny wrote:haha simona...ataahua posted the article its the one caled susan boyle murders micheal buble lmaoo

ARIAS - Page 6 149823 poor susan... she's a murderer ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_twisted ARIAS - Page 6 Lol

thank nick for the link anyways! ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_sunny
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 pm

yes combined sales for both will make us feel so much better..grins..
    I had a post and it ran off again? how weird is that..
    said thank you Nick your such a sweet guy..and 'mam' I can see Simo in a rocking chair..knitting..haha
    Sammy
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Sammy Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:18 pm

nick_93 wrote:I think Stan only had 1,172 copies sold in the first week so hopefully it wouldn't have made much of a difference with this weeks charts :)
    That is likely the reason Sony elected not to chart it. It would have put him in the 70's, as a Michael Jackson album sold 1,117 to come it at #77 that week. But there was hardly any warning the album would be released early, so that is the likely reason it sold so few. But the sales do count for his overall tally Big Smile

Simona7 wrote:
    sarah what do you mean he hasn't gone gold yet? with his album? ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_eek his album debuted PLATINUM means he sold more than 70,000 copies of it .... he went straight to Platinum without stopping by Gold ARIAS - Page 6 Lol

now, he should go on and be 5 x platinum... and i'll be happy.... that would mean he surpassed Damien L. who sold 300,000 copies of his "the winner's journey"
    As mentioned certification has nothing to do with sales. It is what is distributed to the stores. Record companies have to send out more copies than are actually sold to ensure they are in enough supply in the shops to meet demand. The album has sold a total of 22,124 of the 70,000 which have been distributed in the 10 days it has been released, about what Natalie Gauci sold in her first two weeks. It will be difficult to reach Damien's sales, as he sold over 100,000 cds in the first week. A huge amount, but way less than Shannon and Guy did in their first week on the charts. But sales are not what they used to be for anyone but the massive international artists now. Compare Stan's sales this week with Wes Carr's 8,000 in his first week for his debut album and Stan is doing very well indeed. He will most probably sell more this week as it is the crazy xmas week which is always the highest selling week of the year, and will reach real platinum sales eventually.

josephineperrot wrote:nah does not matter where he comes compared to the other winners! at least his getting a percentage of it not like the others..which to me is important that his hard work something is given back..I like to know though how many sold in NZ of his album then we can work out a number..journey albums are normally just for Australians but because of the big interest in NZ they shipped it out to them..
    Only Damien, Natalie and Jessica released Journey albums. The ones prior to 2006 were albums of mainly new songs, with Guy actually having 3 of his own self penned songs included. It did ok in NZ too. Debuted at #3, spent 12 weeks in their charts, and went double platinum.

Simona7 wrote:no krystabel no pressure to perform ... but you know in this business ppl will compare the idol's sales and judge the singer for it. I'm a die hard fan and would like Stan to perfom top sale numbers but if he doesn't I still be here to support.

As for damien selling 300,000 copies, I went back on this thread and Sammy said that Guy was the highest selling idol... debut single and debut album... he went 7 x paltinum ARIAS - Page 6 11312 so that's nearly 500,000 album sales... LOL
    Not quite 7xPlatinum. It fell 10,000 short, but it is still in the record books as one of the 50 top selling albums in Australia in the last 20 years. But only just hanging on by its fingernails now that Susan has reached 7 times platinum. If she sells them all, which she most assuredly will, it will bump him down to #49 I think.

Last edited by Sammy on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:19 pm

my replies go thorugh sweet .... dunno what's wrong with yours... maybe the connection is down at moment..???

hey don't say that josie ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_mad I don't knit ARIAS - Page 6 Lol I feel so young .... inside ARIAS - Page 6 Icon_flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:01 pm