Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+22
Kaitiakis_Mummy
kalaivani
LASERAsmiles
Stan Walker Girl
fynesthorse
todreaminblue
shoooshoo
Hikoi
Linda
Simona
Sammy
QueenTiger
KrystaBel
johnbrandon
SAGirlie
sarahbunny
Taichimisty
inikamoze
josephineperrot
nick_93
Ataahua
RobynO99
26 posters

ARIAS

RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

ARIAS Empty ARIAS

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 pm

The ARIA charts are the main Australian music sales charts, issued weekly by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The charts are a record of the highest selling singles and albums in various genres in Australia.

Follow the link to check how Stan is performing ARIAS Icon_biggrin ARIA CHARTS

Given the single has broken records this week, it will be interesting to see what happens when the ARIA "official" charts are loaded tonight.

I can't wait!

Last edited by Simona7 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link and description)
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

ARIAS Empty Re: ARIAS

Post by Ataahua Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:12 pm

so it'll be on the ARIA website then?

since we're talking about the ARIAs, Jess M won highest selling single....I couldn't help but think perhaps Stan might have a chance to win this next year. the early signs are good, so... 👽
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:36 pm

In today's paper it said:

1. Tik Tok - Ke$ha

2. Black Box - Stan Walker

So I guess Stan debuted on the ARIAs at number 2. Let's try and get him to number one next week! Big Smile

Ataahua wrote:so it'll be on the ARIA website then?

since we're talking about the ARIAs, Jess M won highest selling single....I couldn't help but think perhaps Stan might have a chance to win this next year. the early signs are good, so... 👽

Yeah me too! I also heard that it's the highest selling Sony download ever and that he's already sold more than the Prayer by Anthony Callea and that won the Highest Selling Aria back in 2005 so here's hoping Stan can break the Idol curse and go collect himself an Aria Big Smile
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:06 pm

thanks guys for posting all that info! yes I read his song is no 2 on the Aria charts that was in the sunday herald! I know his no 1 at the moment in NZ so that is all good news since Jessica and Anthony were not big ever in NZ
    I love to know how many singles he has sold?
    and Nick I have gone into youtube to each Stan link site there and told them to buy the hard copy of the single or download it if your in NZ to support him
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm

josephineperrot wrote:thanks guys for posting all that info! yes I read his song is no 2 on the Aria charts that was in the sunday herald! I know his no 1 at the moment in NZ so that is all good news since Jessica and Anthony were not big ever in NZ
    I love to know how many singles he has sold?
    and Nick I have gone into youtube to each Stan link site there and told them to buy the hard copy of the single or download it if your in NZ to support him

No worries. Yeah I read it in the same paper but the Melbourne version haha.
    Good work, I hope your messages get through to people.
    Hopefully we hear through the media soon if he reaches number 1 how many copies he sold :)
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:22 pm

I would buy the whole lot lol if my hubby let me..but no way in hell he will because when he sees the phone bill his going to cry@@@
    yes i am in melbourne as well driving towards phillip island
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:29 pm

So it was in the paper already? Didn't read it - was waiting for the upload and on the ARIA site it says Sunday evenings EDST - so I was waiting.

Debuted at 2 huh? Not too bad at all!

EDIT:
    It is UP on the the site - it's official!!

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_singles.asp?chart=1U50
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:38 pm

thx Robyn!

#2 is still a great achievement especially seeing the single is only 1 week old. Big Smile
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Yay!

Looking at the other charts it seems it was the downloads that stopped Stan from reaching number 1. Ke$ha takes number 1 spot in the downloads whilst Stan takes number 1 for physical sales so if we keep up the downloading and some promotion goes ahead then there's a good chance Stan could reach number 1 in the coming weeks Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Somehow my post went missing. Never mind. He is also number 1 on the Australian Chart as well.

Personally, I think the physical sales chart is more meaningful than the download - people PAID MORE and wanted the CD. Means more will buy his album, I think.

I just like the asterisk for "Bullet Performer".

Really the CD didn't hit stores until Wednesday I think it was, and he STILL topped that chart. Not everyone has iTunes, and on Bigpond you had to hunt to find him. Bandit.fm of course had him on the front, not sure about other online stores.
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeah you make some good points there Robyn. That's why promotion and radio play becomes crucial now as if he has it, he could gain those extra few days of physical sales that will put him on top of the Aria charts Big Smile
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Our Stanylicious is on the ARIA charts! :cheers:
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:55 am

You guys are absolutely awesome. :flower:
    Thanx so much for keeping us up with whats happening with our Stan the man.
    Many kudos to you guys...you deserve it for doing the hard work and keeping Stans fans in the know. ❤
    I personally would be lost without ya...how on earth would I have been able to get any of this info is beyond me lol!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Stan has dropped to number 6 on iTunes which might effect his Aria position...come on Stan fans spread the word go buy his single or download it Big Smile I'm going Friday
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:37 pm

I don't know, but I think perhaps that is to be expected given the date - the Album is out on the 11th - I think a few people will wait and just buy the album - or am I just being hopeful?
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

RobynH99 wrote:I don't know, but I think perhaps that is to be expected given the date - the Album is out on the 11th - I think a few people will wait and just buy the album - or am I just being hopeful?

yeah, there'll be a whole new round of trying to get the album into the #1 spot. it wouldn't be hard coz i think more ppl like the songs he did on AI than the actual single... 🐱
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:43 pm

hopefully your right Robyn...I want him at number 1 or atleast still number 2.....and I want his album at number 1 :S
    nick_93
    nick_93
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by nick_93 Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

RobynH99 wrote:I don't know, but I think perhaps that is to be expected given the date - the Album is out on the 11th - I think a few people will wait and just buy the album - or am I just being hopeful?

That could be true or maybe there is more radio play for the other songs like Tik Tok and not Black Box..who knows.
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm right at the door to buy that album next week, I don't care if he is singing the phone book in it, I'm there! Haven't been this excited about music for a long time!

On a side note, does anyone else's pc slow down since these stars were added to the website? Seems to affect mine very badly :(
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Yes the stars do slow the site down, I noticed it to.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:47 pm

It is the stars - or the advertisments?
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Could be the adverts too, but have noticed it is very difficult to post since stars appeared :( pc is shockingly slow to respond, type takes longer to appear on the screen.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Haven't noticed type slow to appear - have you rebooted your router lately?

Posting is OK too - it is getting to the links at the top of the Home Page that I find slow to respond now - and we are thread jacking here - this should be under the Suggestions part I think! lol!
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Not even sure if I have a router? Pardon my ignorance, is that part of the modem? I rarely switch my modem off. Now, this is strange, as I started to type this post, it started out quite normally with the type, as I am continuing on, it is getting slower.
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

SAGirlie wrote:Not even sure if I have a router? Pardon my ignorance, is that part of the modem? I rarely switch my modem off. Now, this is strange, as I started to type this post, it started out quite normally with the type, as I am continuing on, it is getting slower.

if the stars do slow your browser down, then perhaps you can ask our admin, Simone, about it? just post a thread in the forum issues section and she'll get back to you. =)

okay, no more discussions about stars (flowers?) in this thread! off-topic peoples! :evil:

👅 👅

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:32 pm