Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+7
fynesthorse
Taichimisty
josephineperrot
Hikoi
Ataahua
Linda
Simona
11 posters

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker - Page 2 Empty Re: [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 pm

mz_linda wrote:
    Stan's marketing people need to be aware though (& Stan needs to be a little careful here) that this was a show called "Australian Idol" voted by "Australian" people who have come from all multicultural backgrounds and they voted for an "Australian" Idol.

totally agreed with you on that one ..

X
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker - Page 2 Empty Re: [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 pm

mz_linda wrote:I agree with Josephine.

It's a NZ article and they obviously are all clamouring to claim the boy. Stan's marketing people need to be aware though (& Stan needs to be a little careful here) that this was a show called "Australian Idol" voted by "Australian" people who have come from all multicultural backgrounds and they voted for an "Australian" Idol.

I agree and i love australias multiculturalisms......i adore australia for the acceptance.....beats south africa back in the day.....deb
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 pm

[quote="todreaminblue"]
    mz_linda wrote:
    I agree and i love australias multiculturalisms......i adore australia for the acceptance.....beats south africa back in the day.....deb

It's one of the best things about being an Aussie. You are accepted for you (well mostly LOL).
    I wouldn't live anywhere else. The freedom we have here is to be envied.
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:48 pm

[quote="mz_linda"]
    todreaminblue wrote:
    mz_linda wrote:

It's one of the best things about being an Aussie. You are accepted for you (well mostly LOL).
    I wouldn't live anywhere else. The freedom we have here is to be envied.

It is to be envied.......i think the capacity to learn and be involved in cultures that are so very different is amazing enlightening and character building....its all about understanding and acceptance.....and the product......harmony.......lol.....i love this sunburnt country a land of sweeping plains......of rugged mountain ranges....of drought and flooding rains.....sorry had to wax lyrical......;0)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:53 pm

There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
    That the colt from old Regret had got away,
    And had joined the wild bush horses - he was worth a thousand pound,
    So all the cracks had gathered to the fray.

*sigh* That was a great movie too!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:56 pm

yes I love going to Dandenong which is very multicultural I feel very at home there..grins..I was brought up in an area of NZ that I went to school with nearly every race that immigrated over to NZ was lovely..my sister still have her indian friend. my other sister her chinese friend! wonderful plus how could not love it with all that yummy food you can buy from different countries
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 pm

mz_linda wrote:There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
    That the colt from old Regret had got away,
    And had joined the wild bush horses - he was worth a thousand pound,
    So all the cracks had gathered to the fray.

*sigh* That was a great movie too!

man from snowy river.....smilin.......we have some beautiful poetry and stories in our aussie culture too....like the dorethea mckellar my country and your ab paterson man from snowy river..........i love poetry.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

and your pretty good at it too Deb's you must put some of your verses up in here..they were lovely
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

josephineperrot wrote:yes I love going to Dandenong which is very multicultural I feel very at home there..grins..I was brought up in an area of NZ that I went to school with nearly every race that immigrated over to NZ was lovely..my sister still have her indian friend. my other sister her chinese friend! wonderful plus how could not love it with all that yummy food you can buy from different countries

too true......i love cooking culturally......i have country nights.....lol....the only one that didnt go down was thai.......i put too much fish sauce it was rank......;0)....stunk out my kitchen for a week....
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 am

josephineperrot wrote:and your pretty good at it too Deb's you must put some of your verses up in here..they were lovely

I will write one specially for this forum...about stan..and try to not make it too sickly so you need a bucket to read it..will do it soon..:0)....thanks jo was sweet of you to say.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 am

yes please I love poetry and I use to do my own poems but too tired to much these days..lol
    haha..I know what it is like to cook with fish, I accidently spilled fish juice between the vents of my microwave it took me weeks to work out to get the bloody smell out
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:14 am

josephineperrot wrote:yes please I love poetry and I use to do my own poems but too tired to much these days..lol
    haha..I know what it is like to cook with fish, I accidently spilled fish juice between the vents of my microwave it took me weeks to work out to get the bloody smell out

lol @ jo ..heres a story i had this huge catfish that used to blend into the tropical tank i have...... didnt notice that he had gone missing for a week smelt a funny smell from behind my lounge guess what i found??????.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 am

LMAO..that is sooooooooo bad..someone was telling me how they found this stray kitten took it home and it peed in the corner of her new expensive rug..she is still trying to get the smell out lol
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 am

OMG eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww you poor thing!
    BTW I LOVE thai food. Mainly cuz my mum is thai, however I do sooooooooooooo agree about that damned fish sauce LOL
    It stinks! but it makes stuff taste yummy.....
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:20 am

josephineperrot wrote:LMAO..that is sooooooooo bad..someone was telling me how they found this stray kitten took it home and it peed in the corner of her new expensive rug..she is still trying to get the smell out lol

lol....kittnes do things on purpose you know......mine gets locked in the fridge once a day..luckily i have steady stream of people going to the fridge and get it out before it finds the chicken..;0)...deb...
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:22 am

mz_linda wrote:OMG eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww you poor thing!
    BTW I LOVE thai food. Mainly cuz my mum is thai, however I do sooooooooooooo agree about that damned fish sauce LOL
    It stinks! but it makes stuff taste yummy.....

yes i love thai too but straight fish sauce makes me gag when its mixed with palm sugar definately to die for..i love the sweet salty sour thai mix i just have ta get it down pat.....lol....maybe next year..... ..deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:24 am

I love thai food as well my favourite asian cuisine! I think too I love the peanut taste in some of their food! now I am hungry..grins
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 am

josephineperrot wrote:I love thai food as well my favourite asian cuisine! I think too I love the peanut taste in some of their food! now I am hungry..grins

mmmmmm satay you making me hungry now....lol....
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

ngawww we talking asian food now :) lols well i live in a suburb which is 95% asian & grew up around them , so asian food is always down the road :) hehe , lols .. yum yum *
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Guys,after reading all the posts on this topic i believe Stan loves Australia.His family came here to better their lives and as for Stan, to put his past behind and move forward.During my holiday in NZ,i noted that not all( Maori people) supported Stan.In fact they said"there are many Stans here, who could sing just like him or better"Some made remarks about his sexuality etc, which p--me off.
    I'm pretty sure as time goes on and as Stan matures he will always see NZ and Oz as his home.I'm hoping he will always stay true to himself. sunny
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Awwww Kalaivani I hope u had a good holiday in NZ Big Smile

I dont know where u stayed, but where I live Stan is LOVED by Maori and Non Maori alike...hence the great response to his single and Album sales - Platinum all around!!...Yaay Stan [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker - Page 2 306969

There are Maori I know who believe Stans voice is not so unique, tru dat comment...cos Maori boys/girls grow up singing at all family (whanau) functions funeral (tangi), weddings, many speeches require a song (waiata) at its completion - its a cultural thing...waiata mai all the time!! So yeh, there are many fine natural talented Maori singing voices around...

But in saying that, u may have come across the "tall poppy syndrome" sadly it exists everywhere - and always by the small (minded) minority!! eeeek

But rest assure Stan is LOVED by Maori and we are proud of this journey he is on. Stan is the finest singer.. an awsum role model..and a fine young man!! But what is really fantastic about Stan.. he just keeps it REAL!!

An expression u may also recognise having spent some time in NZ is.."Mean Maori Mean" That is Stan! Grin

(btw.. that expression is a complement!!)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Well, if he stays true to himself, wether Oz or NZ, gay , straight, black, white, green or orange and is happy in life then that's what would make me happy. Oh and as long as keeps singing. If he stopped then that would p me right off LOL
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm

..hahaha..totally agree Linda! we want Stan to to be happy in life and stay true to himself - always!! ..eek but I cant even think about "if Stan stopped singing"..OMG that would be a nightmare!! Shocked
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 pm

OMG....the mere thought of Stan not singing anymore makes me want to throw up...I live to hear his beautiful voice....sorry elvis but you'll have to move over lol gleefully:)....wanna hear the "prince of soul"

Taichi
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 am

I think it is strange that they say there is other Maori's that sing like him, yes there is a lot of polynesians ( Maoris/samoan/tongans etc..) they have beautiful voices but they are not Stan and his got a very strong unique voice, I know what you mean Kalavani a lot of people tried to say that both Nathan and Stan were Gay etc..I did not care if he was or not, it was his voice and his performances that won me over. but we do know that his not gay he did have a gf when he was auditioning but there is nothing wrong with been gay these days look at Adam Lambert? grins..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:36 pm