Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+13
Kaitiakis_Mummy
sarahwithanh27
cocosparklez
nick_93
josephineperrot
QueenTiger
Taichimisty
kalaivani
kiwianabananarama
Linda
Simona
sarahbunny
radelaide
17 posters

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne

G_Whangarei
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 Empty Stan Walker in Concert (Melbourne)

Post by G_Whangarei Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Have you all heard that Stan will be having a FULL ON concert in Melbourne in October? I have contacted the organisers and we will all have a seat (whoa) I just got my tickets :) :) didn't get up the front (too late) but still got good seats.
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 Empty Re: Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 am

um yes...there's a thread here in 'tours and appearances'...
    yeah SS fans here have their tickets! I'm so jealous lol!

Are you with the Melbourne Marae whanau? They are the ones with the front row seats...Have heaps of fun!! Wish I could come kare.. who knows maybe I will haha xo
    Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 913396 huyya
    taylor0793
    taylor0793
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 Empty Re: Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne

Post by taylor0793 Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am

Does anyone know whether Stan will be performing in Sydney any time soon???
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Thats a very good question taylor0793 coz I'm in Sydney next week...i think lol...so next week please Stan...and braid your hair again coz that looks mean! xo geek

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 569874 to Stan State Fan Forum taylor0793...we love Stan! cheerleader happy dance singing cool

Let me ask someone who may know and get back to you cuz... punk1
    G_Whangarei
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by G_Whangarei Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Chur Kiwi - I am part of MM - hopez ya can make it coz there will be some other surprises at this concert.

Hey wasn't Stan tumeke with his national anthem on Sat........meke hard
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:03 pm

hahaha...He was mean az..he sounded so good!!TUMEKE!!...aw were you there cuz at the game? That was you ae? on the big screen haha...the game was great! Such a thrill to hear them announce Stan singing our anthem...

So wat kind of surprises cuz?? tell me tell me...lol please kare...churr you're MM ae? aww lucky... I have been to 4 of Stans concerts in NZ now..but I wanna come to Melbourne..

aw and cuz.. Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 569874 to Stans State Fan Forum...you are most welcome here...it's the best...thanks to Simona and the admin who set it all up...Simona is coming to that Melbourne concert...she's the man..Stan knows her too....have a good look around the forum...theres tons of topics...Stans been here to chat with us 3 times..I missed it lol...he had a dessert date too with Simo,Linda, QT and Jane...who are the bomb...aw there's heaps here...enjoy!
    Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 333657
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

yesssss i am going! with robyn!

We have front seats at this stage

even though "brick" owners will be given priority I think we will be at a nice distance Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 52856 cameras and filming are not allowed :(

I saw posters about this concert in my suburb which is north of Melbourne.
    williamstown, where the concert is, is south west... this tells me that the propaganda is huge and Marae is doing a great job!!!

cant wait Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 515754
    G_Whangarei
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 Empty E kii

Post by G_Whangarei Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Chur Kiwinana, Owww u wanna know da surprises?? lol - it wouldn't be a surprise then
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm

I wish I could go to the Melbourne concert! Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 494568
    I'm stuck in Newie sadly.
    I soooooooooooooooooooooo hope you guys have a fabulous time and make sure you write a summary ASAP after the concert. I bet you get a special wave and meet and greet Simo LOL
    Ugh I'm getting excited for you guys!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Oh Linda, even a quick photo with my idol Stan would be great...

I am so rapt we purchased our tickets so early and on that regard I urge anyone who wants to go to this concert to act fast!
    book your ticket now 'cause i know from an official source they are selling out fast even though we are 2 months away!

remember ppls that this is a FIRST for Melborune,
    Stan hasn't been performing down here a lot or at all....
    so a Melbourne first time FULL CONCERT is a must see!!!

get in early, there's a link on the announcement bar (scoll up to see it) that will take you to MaraeMelbourne site where you can book your precious invaluable ticket online... easy peasy
    or here it goes ------> http://www.maraemelbourne.net/stanpreticket.html
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:35 pm

LOL I can visualise how you're gonna look when he gets on stage and waves hello to you babes LOL
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am

Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 515754 WOO HOO WOO HOO. Quite frankly, with everything I am going through at the moment with the spouse visa, this is a light in a very dark and lonely tunnel. I am SO happy to be going and wish to thank Simona SO MUCH for organising the tickets.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 am

Simona wrote:.... though we are 2 months away!

Not any more it isn't! IT IS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! flower Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 913396 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 sunny
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Wishing you Melbourne ladies a wonderful time tonight and look forward to hearing all about it soon. Hope it cheers you up especially Robyn. Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:53 pm

Thank you Nicola! It was great! I'm home before Simona, so I won't steal her thunder - I'll leave that for her!

Out of battery power for my camera, so will have to download pics tomorrow when I get more batteries. Sorry guys.

HE IS FANTASTIC live, he really is!!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:10 am

My pictures can be found here https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76708&id=1654581360&l=bdb1a2c08f but I have a feeling Simona's will be much better
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 am

aw cool photos Robyn!!! aw cuz you must write about the whole entire evening and I can't wait to see vids and hear about the evening from Simo too...how exciting!!!!!...I was thinking about you guys on Saturday...you can ask Superman if you don't believe me lol but I was...did Stan curl his hair for that night or was it just frizzy?lol...and did he sing all his songs from the new album? and what about some favorite covers?...and some acoustics?? Aw Taya looks pretty and it looks like Carmen was there too and who was the guy backing vocalist?...did you dance for all of us? and what about Simos thunder? Did she go onstage? aw I can't wait to hear more! I'm so happy you had a great time! xo huyya
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 am

I'm certain that the male vocalist is Barry Southgate - a recording artist who is part of Hillsong church with Stan - South African in Origin and who spent some of his teenage years living in NZ. I think he was very involved in worship at the Hillsong Conference back in July.I could be wrong, but I think he records with New Breed the band often associated with one of Stan's favourite gospel singers, Israel Houghton, who was also at the July Hillsong Conference.
    Barry has quite a few videos on YouTube, and is a personal friend of Stan's. Hope that helps. Big Smile
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:02 pm

aw thanx Nicola...yeah it does help a lot..thanx cuz... Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

kiwianabananarama wrote:aw cool photos Robyn!!! aw cuz you must write about the whole entire evening and I can't wait to see vids and hear about the evening from Simo too...how exciting!!!!!...I was thinking about you guys on Saturday...you can ask Superman if you don't believe me lol but I was...did Stan curl his hair for that night or was it just frizzy?lol...and did he sing all his songs from the new album? and what about some favorite covers?...and some acoustics?? Aw Taya looks pretty and it looks like Carmen was there too and who was the guy backing vocalist?...did you dance for all of us? and what about Simos thunder? Did she go onstage? aw I can't wait to hear more! I'm so happy you had a great time! xo huyya

Gee - you want to know EVERY little detail, don't you? I wanted Simona to post first, but I am going to Adelaide tomorrow, so am posting now before I forget the little details. Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 775509

OK, Simona was bang on time to collect me. I later discovered that Simona actually sets all clocks and her watch fast, but difference degrees of fastness, so that she isn't late for things - so there is something you didn't know about our fearless leader!

It was FREEZING cold - back in April when we arranged this, we both had thoughts that while October was unlikely to be 35 degrees, it would at least be pleasant - trust me, it wasn't.

As we were invited to meet Stan, we were there at 6pm. Stan was running a little late on the day as he had changed travel plans at the last minute - guess that happens when you are being pulled from pillar to post. He had flown from Adelaide to Sydney the night before and from Sydney to Melbourne that day. He was actually warming up when we arrived, so we got to see him rehearsing.

We finally were invited in to chat to Stan at about 6:50 (I think) and would you believe I didn't even get my album signed, which I had specifically taken with me!! Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 158573

We both agreed he looked tired. He is actually smaller in person than I expected, but really sweet. He didn't know where Greymouth is!!! It is the town in the South Island where I was born! I said the South Island is a great place for a holiday, but I think he'd prefer Hawaii these days! Although he does love "home" so perhaps not. Stan loved the USA. The novelty will wear off, I am sure, after a few more trips! Grin

He told Simona she didn't look old enough to have children (he is right). I suggested that with us all buying his albums, perhaps he could afford trousers without holes - he assured me it was a new fashion. I notice Altyan (spelling??) copied the fashion on XFactor last night. Don't think I'll ever be a fan of that fashion, but we can put that down to my age! Big Grin2

There were four acts on before Stan, the young FoxC (tagged in my Facebook Album) was very good - he has a future, although he needs to learn to keep his vocal cords moistened during a long set! One of the earlier acts sang "You are the wind beneath my wings" and I burst into tears because it made me think of my husband and our current battle with Immigration - I felt a bit embarrassed about that, but the heart is the heart.

Who is Carmen? Don't know about the backing guy, so will take the words of the post above as gospel on that score! LOL

Stan finally came on about 10pm. He really was terrific! Sang mostly covers, not much off his album at all. Opened with Black Box and sang Choose You. Sang several Beyonce songs - I remember thinking the camps must be in touch for him to have the rights to sing so many of her songs..... interesting. Finished with Purple Rain. Can't remember what else he sang!!!!!

His stage presence has improve dramatically since his Idol days and he has actually learned to dance! LOL

He got a girl from the audience up on stage at one point - I'll bet she was thrilled.

His hair was curly - I wouldn't call it frizzy - is his ever frizzy? Doubt it is naturally frizzy - unusual for Maori hair I think - but don't quote me!

He finished at just after 11pm and did an encore.

I do hope the next time I see him it is in a slightly more "upmarket" venue, but really, it was a great concert.

Simona and I debated about trying to grab a bite to eat after the show, but looked at the travelling time involved and decided we would do that another time.

It was a great night.
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 pm

thanks Robin for the write up---omg, you guys must have been lucky to see Stan our man, close up!!! Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212
    Those pics are awesome-- looks like Stan is turning like a Punk rocker(hairdo i mean)
    All and all must have been good night out with Stan Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 163212
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 am

awwww Robyn you are much betterererer than me with words haha i am actually glad you wrote about the night, a perfect recount.....

The only surprising thing in your recount is about Stan saying i look too young to have children?!?!?!!? did he say that? lol i dind't hear it but good to know now hehehehehe Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 359227 bahahahah where was i? may be talking to Gordon for a few seconds ???(the event manager who gave us the opportunity to meet Stan before the concert) THANK YOU GORDON! flower

He was very lovely and relaxed. I told him I liked his hair cut ( and i do really) always loved the undercut! and suits his face i think.
    Then i congratulated him for his new album, it's the bomb.
    I told him my kids like him and wanted to come at the concert too Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 52856
    They are very passionate about him (I wonder where they get it from hehehehe) swifty2

The concert was FANTASTIC!! as Robyn said he has grown as a performer. Running huyya and dancing (booty shake haha showing up his white undies bahaha)all over the stage, pulling in the audience, was impossible to sit still happy dance

The other acts were also entertaining. i like C.I. an R&B, rap duo from NZ, may be you cuz know them better. They were cool as punk1

Toward the end Stan invited everyone to come at front so our precious front seats weren't so good anymore ... for the view i mean.... we had to stand up so we started dancing woo hoo 60s dance happy dance while the crowd was going wild yeah! Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 913396 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 306969

I took few pics and a couple of videos, Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 6608 3 songs all up. I hope they are not too bad. i didn't have enough space on my camera dang! my memory card went missing (i discovered later that i left it home Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 548796 Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 88225) anyway my arm was so tired of holding the camera, now i understand what Kiwiana has endured all this time!!! i need to exercise lol Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 209130

videos will go up on youtube this afternoon ok? Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 52856

Thank you Robyn, it was a great night and I was glad we went together Group Hug

oh! the band was mean as rock band lots of kudos to them and the back vocalists were excellent.
    the curly-red hair girl was amazing! what a voice! dunno her name.
    then Taya (Stan's beautiful girlfriend: like he introduced her to the crowd) was gorgeous and sang beautifully, very fine voice!
    the boy in the middle whit the best afro i've seen in ages afro yeah! was marvelous and also good looking hehehehhehe

So happy finally I've seen Stan on stage.... can't wait for next concert!
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 am

What a journey Simo!!!finally you got to see Stan's Concert.
    Happy for you Stan Walker to perform in Williamstown, Melbourne - MaraeMelbourne - Page 2 333657
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm so pleased for both of you - so great that you both got to meet him and chat with him. Something nice to read after a rough day here in Christchurch with another big aftershock! I've now only got 1 saucer left in my good dinnerset after one flew out of the cupboard and smashed while I sheltered in the doorway wondering if we were going to have another big one - I was home alone which was hard. Gee you really wanted to know that didn't you - off topic sorry!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh Nicola - I didn't realise you were in Christchurch - and STILL having aftershocks????

Glad you are OK!

Mind you - Australians really don't know about earthquakes like we do - we got a little tremor here one day last year and you'd have thought it was major event - in the paper someone in an inner suburb said they fell of their couch - I had to laugh - I felt it - and heard it (sounded like my roof was lifting off) but really, it was nothing compared to NZ 'quakes!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm