Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+8
LimeLover2
LASERAsmiles
Ataahua
kiwianabananarama
KrystaBel
sarahbunny
Linda
Lily
12 posters

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ

Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ Empty Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ

Post by Lily Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:57 am

Idol star signing concert 'coup'
    [b]by Greg Taipari - Eastern Bay News | 21st January

He may have won Australian Idol but Stan Walker is ours.

And Whakatane fans have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the singer in action at a free concert in Rotorua.
    Walker will be performing at this month's Lakeside concert after confirmation from his mother and manager, April Walker.
    Getting the Kiwi singer signed up for the annual outdoor concert is a major coup for organisers and, says Mrs Walker, the youngster is excited about being involved.
    Lakeside's "Hollywood Comes To Vegas" organiser, Monty Morrison, said he was rapt when Walker's manager confirmed the star would be attending the event.

"Obviously, we are elated and thrilled that we have been able to secure an artist who is ranked number one in Australasia.
    "We have never been able to achieve this before."

Mr Morrison said it was through the goodwill of sponsors and the credibility of the event that the organisers had been able to secure Walker's commitment.

"I'm thrilled for all those former acts who have performed in the past. They have added mana to the show and that is why we have been able to get {Walker}."

Walker lived in Tauranga before his family moved to Hamilton and then Australia.
    Walker, who has spoken publicly of his abusive childhood and battle with alcohol, was a perfect fit for the event, Mr Morrison said.

"He is a perfect role model. He is a young achiever who has had a hard life but is now successful."

The idea to invite Walker came from a meeting when staff member Kim Billington, who had watched Australian Idol, suggested it would be "wonderful" to get Walker to perform in Rotorua.
    Mr Morrison said organisers contacted Mrs Walker in December and she confirmed last week that her son would be at Lakeside.
    Mrs Walker said Walker was excited to be asked to perform at Lakeside and was busy rehearsing.

"He's pretty excited and looking forward to the concert."

He was also asked to perform in Manukau the weekend after Lakeside but wanted to be closer to his home town so chose Rotorua, she said. He would perform his hit single Little Black Box, Prince's Purple Rain and a couple of his own songs.

Lakeside 2010 committee chairman Ian Edward said having Walker perform was a big coup.

"It gives hugh credibility to the event - even the professionals realise it's a great place to launch a career."

General admission to the January 30 concert is free but there are also seats available in front of the stage and demand for those is expected to be greater with Walker now confirmed.
    Last year, more than 20,000 people attended, the biggest crowd since the event's inception in 1997.

Tickets for Lakeside cost $25 and can be purchased at Ticketmaster at the Rotorua Convention Centre or online at www.ticketmaster.co.nz.

credit source
    :
    [b]Eastern Bay News | by Greg Taipari | Thursday 21st January

Hope Ive done the credit source properly. This news article was in my local newspaper, and I couldnt find it online to link to it, so just typed it straight into here. Hope thats alright.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ Empty Re: Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ

Post by Linda Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

Well done Lily
    Thank-you SOOOOOOOO much for taking the time to rewrite if for us!
    Legend girl!

ps: I'm going to blog this onto the Forum's MySPace right now

Last edited by Mz Linda on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS. Myspace)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ Empty Re: Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ

Post by sarahbunny Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 pm

OmG OMG OMG he will be performing some of his *OWN* songs Big Smile someone better be their to record that ...kiwi?lily? Krysta? Laney? LOL when is this?
    Don't worry 30th of January wow what a busy boy hopefully his got his voice warmed up lol

Last edited by sarahbunny on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:20 pm

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!! ............
    attention ladies.........
    30th is my birthday so gimme something nice ok? I want pics, I want footage..... I want every detail! LOL

We are relying on you all to do the best you can because we luvs a to bit :)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 pm

LOL lol yer everyone listen to listen to Linda her birthday she deserves lots of photos and VIDEOS and ones that actually upload to computers bahah Razz haha and this is by far the most exiting cus it's some of his *own* songs Big Smile
    Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Lily Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Hey sorry all, I wont be able to get there.

Id LOVE to hear his own songs too! Hope someone can make it and take the video.

Im all for Linda getting her birthday pressie Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 333657
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 am

Sorry guys...I cant get there either, I will be in Porirua for the 29th Promo at the Warehouse!! Rotorua is just that little too far... plus still trying to get to Taupo at this stage...(sigh)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 695175 LINDA...all Im saying is...its my birthday too...hehe...and its a damn busy week...and I already had my stanly prezzie lastweek...but hell..I gotta go...so its a yes/yes....OMG...my hubby will divorce me...I keep saying Stan and he rolls his eyes...like a pukana
    almost...ahahaha...omgosh...seriously its tricky...but I am going...I got tickets for Taupo(...and this is free unless I get seated tickets...WAT??? How can I be in Stans face with the camera..if Im seated...makes it hard to dance too...lmao singing cool punk1 cheerleader This is definately a tricky one...omg..
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 am

Awwwww Linda...dont mean to burst ur bubble gf...but this IS a tricky one...its a long story but ...not sure if Im going to Rotos now....its gonna be a 'go with the flow'...weekend...but Taupo and Hamilton...its a done deal!! Sorry babes... cries
    but oi didnt you just have a date with stan like a few hours ago?? thats the best b-dae gift ever....haha...cant wait to hear more cuz...xoxox
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:05 pm

I wish they'd stop repeating the fact that Stan's NZer and that he "belongs" to NZ.

everybody knows already, geez! -_-;;
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 pm

im gonna cry now cries no videos of Stans new music...lol awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww haha :( hopefully someone else there tapes it and youtubes it Razz
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

OMGGG his new musicccc??? OMGGGG
    and nobody's going? whatabout LANEY??

LOL ataahua
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm

LOL nope no ones going i dont think she is..i think shes going taupo :( ...i know i really wanted to hear his new music...its says 'he will preform black box, purple rain and some of his own songs' :( nawwww lol
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm

yeaaaaahh. well letss just hope that he sings these NEW songs in taupo too..... aghhh
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

i kno true that he better i need to hear them Razz
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:39 pm

yes we NEED to hear them!
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 pm

sarahbunny wrote:LOL nope no ones going i dont think she is..i think shes going taupo :( ...i know i really wanted to hear his new music...its says 'he will preform black box, purple rain and some of his own songs' :( nawwww lol

Dont worry girls...Stan is BLESSED.. there's a greater force working for Stan...hehe ..and for us the fans (cos we LOVE Stan) Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 52856 .. and I'll bet someone in Rotorua will have their camcorder at the concert, and they'll upload!! Postive thinking...and crossing fingers and toes ..hahaha Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 333657
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm

I hope sooo don't worry everything is crossed haha...hopefully their a good recorder like Kiwi haha and krysta have fun tommorow? Take heaps of pics and represent SS make sure he knows your from SS haha
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Oh yes Sarah, absolutely will do all that, and I will make a special effort to mention SS!! lolz.. we love it here!! btw, it's not tomorrow...Friday! yay - gonna see Stan Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 913396

Last edited by KrystaBel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Ohhh haha my bad have fun Friday make sure you get a kiss ay? I know Laney wants one haha Wink I dnno which signing she's going to tho
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:32 pm

KrystaBel wrote:
    sarahbunny wrote:LOL nope no ones going i dont think she is..i think shes going taupo :( ...i know i really wanted to hear his new music...its says 'he will preform black box, purple rain and some of his own songs' :( nawwww lol

Dont worry girls...Stan is BLESSED.. there's a greater force working for Stan...hehe ..and for us the fans (cos we LOVE Stan) Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 52856 .. and I'll bet someone in Rotorua will have their camcorder at the concert, and they'll upload!! Postive thinking...and crossing fingers and toes ..hahaha Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 333657

AMEN TO THAT KRYSTA! :))
    LimeLover2
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by LimeLover2 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 pm

hey im a newbie.im also able to make it Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 563318

im from the hutt valley and i heard about Stan making an appearance in Porirua, but i sadly missed out.But out of the blue i found out he'd be going out to Rotorua, which is where me and my fambams going this weekend=HOW BIZARRE.so yeah, im just clueless as to what time this event will be occuring...?
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey LimeLover2...The concert is Lakeside in rotorua...free admission...unless you want a seat...$25...Tickets are online...I think Stan is performing at night cuz!! xo

Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 569874 Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 569874 Stan performing @ Lakeside Concert, Rotorua NZ 569874 to Stans State cuzzin...i may see you tomorrow!! xo
    LimeLover2
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by LimeLover2 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

awwwww thanks kiwiana.lovin your uploads on Youtube.uhm may i aslo ask you ANOTHER question-how do i upload a pic?
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm

cuz...click on UCP up the top there and youll see cuz K?

nice to meet you cuz!! I may see you tomorrow...still deciding! Read the post from Lily on other page or go to Ticketmaster for tickets...Im not getting tickets in any case...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am