Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+3
Hikoi
Simona
Ataahua
7 posters

[09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in'

Ataahua
    Ataahua

[09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Empty [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in'

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 am

source credit:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10614390 + http://twitter.com/StanWalker_news

Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in'

Stan Walker is still coming to terms with being crowned Australian Idol.

The 19-year-old Melbourne-born, New Zealand-raised singer last month took out the competition and it's been a whirlwind ride since.

"It's been full-on, just full-on, just singing, promotion, photo shoots, publicity," Walker says.

His new album, Introducing Stan Walker, was released in New Zealand yesterday.

The album includes tracks he sang on the televised show, along with a duet with the first Australian Idol, Guy Sebastian, titled Think Of Me, and Walker's debut single Black Box.

In New Zealand briefly to promote the album, Walker says he's overwhelmed and the win is yet to sink in.

"I've just been focusing on what I'm doing, and trying to promote my CD and get things happening and touring and everything, so I'm just working really so it hasn't sunk in."

Along with a record deal with Sony BMG, Walker won a $200,000 artist development fund and a car.

After a rapid-fire few days in New Zealand to promote his album, including a performance at the Maori Sports Awards in Auckland on Saturday, he heads back to Australia today for more promotional work.

He says the Australian public and media have been supportive, despite his identification of himself as a New Zealander (he even has a tattoo on his neck reading "ataahua", Maori for "beautiful").

"They try and claim me now. I'm obviously not an Aussie - don't sound like one, don't look like one.

"I'm a Maori, I'm from New Zealand but I just live in Australia, it's my home for the moment."

Walker grew up near Tauranga and also lived in Hamilton and Taranaki, where he went to boarding school.

He says he always planned a career in singing, with or without the help and exposure Australian Idol has given him.

His plans were cemented when Good Charlotte rockers Joel and Benji Madden, and Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz, announced they were fans - not to mention the praise of crooner Michael Buble, who made a guest appearance on the show: "That voice it's like God kissed your throat".

Walker says Buble's praise is humbling and a bit embarrassing, but very encouraging.

More embarrassing are the hoards of screaming girls he encounters when he's out in public, which he laughingly refers to as "a treasure".

"I try to stay clear from them," he says.

His legion of female fans will be pleased to know he is indeed single - and can't wait to get married and have kids.

But, in the meantime, Walker will be playing more shows and working on an original album, which he hopes to release around the middle of next year.

yes, stay away from screaming girls....[09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Shifty-1
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Empty Re: [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in'

Post by Simona Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

So, he is a NZ Maori, we all knew that. I personally don't care one bit, instead, I actually like him more because of the exotic look [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Herz
    Having said that........ I found annoying that the press is continuosly bringing that up.... He is the new Australian Idol: gotta give some to the aussie...
    Don't care about claiming him ... that it's overrated.... [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_bounce
    Just give some credit to Australia for the opportunity given and the Aussies for supporting him. At least Stan said it in the article. [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_biggrin
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

[09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Empty Re: [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in'

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:59 am

Simona7 wrote:I found annoying that the press is continuosly bringing that up.... He is the new Australian Idol: gotta give some to the aussie...
    Don't care about claiming him ... that it's overrated.... [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_bounce
    Just give some credit to Australia for the opportunity given and the Aussies for supporting him.

I know!!! practically every interview/news article, they have to bring up this whole 'he's NZer!' and they keep asking him to confirm that NZ is his true 'home.' its like...we know already! ask him some music-related things instead!

geez, what till he goes over to the US...
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 am

I know, most kiwis get a little cringe factor whenever stars arrive here, one of the first questions the media asks is "What do you think of NZ???" Its so not what we want to really hear about.
    Its so... me,me,me instead of about them.lol!

Maybe its said to relax the person?? dunno. I suppose the medias job is to connect the star with their readers and this is an old, easy way to do it.

Just ignore it lol, I do, and I'm from here
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes.....lets remember that Australian Idol has indeed opened up many doors for Stan that otherwise would've/could've been closed to him and would've taken him longer to establish himself and gain credibility. Definitely a huge helping hand towards the right direction. :cheers:
    Countries seem to always like to stake a claim in someone who's stepped into the media light. More joy to these countries that are happy to step out and make these claims.....Surely it must be awesome media coverage for the person, keeps their name out there without which they could fall into being a hasbeen.
    As long as our Stan Walker gets good media coverage.....I am so there!!!!!! ☀ ❤
    Thanx Australian Idol for a fantastic opportunity.........Mostly thanx to all Stan the mans fans for helping to make his dream come true!!!!! You guys rock Stan fans everywhere!!! afro

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 am

"I'm a Maori, I'm from New Zealand but I just live in Australia, it's my home for the moment."
    I found that comment quite annoying actually.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

mz_linda wrote:"I'm a Maori, I'm from New Zealand but I just live in Australia, it's my home for the moment."
    I found that comment quite annoying actually.

I understand what you mean he needs to watch what his saying, could sound offensive to Aus, he should be proud to live in Australia Neutral
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Mz_Linda [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_biggrin
    I can undestand what you are saying.
    As I said in my post the media is pressing him with that sort of questions (understandably from the point of view) and what do you expect him to say? Hikoi and Tachi summed it up very well. It's a good thing from a certain point of view.

NZ is his home and Maori is his heritage, he gives credit to his roots and so he should. Also I want to say, sometime the media takes ppl comments out of context and makes them sound more radical of what they really are.

During video interviews Stan always reiterated the fact that he loves Australia, it's a beautiful country and it's his home now but that NZ is where he grew up and it'll always be his home-home. It sounds so much better like this doesn't it?
    [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_sunny
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 pm

you have to remember Linda it was an NZ interview and I would remember things get taking out of context his said in an aussie article that this is his home so is Aussie! I think the NZ press are trying to push it that his theirs what can he really say? I am a kiwi but I am Samoan but live here so you can see sometimes we are torn in our loyalties!
    remember we are very competitive in sports against each other so it is the same when 'crowded house' became famous they were either a NZ band or an Aussie band! Russell Crowe was born in Wellington NZ brought up in Aussie came back when he was a teenager to go to high school in NZ if you ask him he will say his either kiwi or aussie..does it really matter? if you love the star or singer that is what matters
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Perhaps I was too sensitive to that one line "Australia, it's my home for the moment."
    Perhaps I was irked that it was made to sound like Australia was a just stop gap? Either way, I'll STFU before I get into more trouble eh? Big Smile
    At the end of the day, Stan is still an awesome singer with a god given gift!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:31 pm

mz_linda wrote:Perhaps I was too sensitive to that one line "Australia, it's my home for the moment."
    Perhaps I was irked that it was made to sound like Australia was a just stop gap? Either way, I'll STFU before I get into more trouble eh? Big Smile
    At the end of the day, Stan is still an awesome singer with a god given gift!

hey linda what trouble? [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Lol I love you posts [09.12.09] Idol star Walker says win 'not sunk in' Icon_flower

I personally enjoy a nice debate. I wasn't happy with the article either but in the end as you said we all agree that Stanylicious is The Man, an amazing singer and an inspirational human being.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 pm

He is also Stanmazing :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 pm