Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+7
kaha
Simona
QueenTiger
RobynO99
KrystaBel
fynesthorse
sarahbunny
11 posters

Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home Empty Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Australian Idol star Stan Walker has one thing he wants to do when he arrives in Tauranga today, eat his favourite food - raw fish.

Walker will make a fleeting visit home for the Matakana Island Natural Breeze Music Festival - his first public performance in New Zealand since winning the title.

His mother April, who is also his manager, said her son was excited about returning to Tauranga for the island festival.

"It's near his hometown Mount Maunganui, so he thought that would be awesome if he had the time."

Time is something that has become precious to Walker since he won the title in November.

"It's really hard when you are in the position he's in," Mrs Walker said.

"He can only go and do the concert - he can't see anyone, because everyone would want a piece of him. It's all too much.

"He's handling it pretty well so far, but he is a bit exhausted."

Walker initially had doubts about the Matakana Island festival until he realised it was a family-friendly event run by the island's Te Awanui Hauora Trust (health trust).

"He said they would all be drunk over there, but I said no, it's smoke-free, drug-free, alcohol-free. Then he wanted to do it.

"He is a good boy. [But] as a mother he's still a pain - he's a 19-year-old boy.

"As a teenager he wants to be with all his mates, playing stupid games at their houses, having pillow fights."

Walker is famously clean-living after a family background which included domestic violence, drug use and alcohol abuse.

Mrs Walker said she had no regrets about the family's past becoming public through Australian Idol.

"That's all right. Where we come from is a huge testimony to where we are now. We thank God for where we are now.

"I don't really care who knows what we've been through, people that know me or don't know me, that's all good."

Walker, who was expected to arrive in Tauranga today after flying into New Zealand yesterday afternoon, planned to enjoy the festival.

He was looking forward to seeing Herbs, Maisey Rika and Katchafire, his mother said.

He will return to Australia tomorrow ahead of a concert in Adelaide on Monday. From then, he's booked up with gigs until the end of April.

"When the gigs come in, he just wants me and his father to be mum and dad, when he wants to refuel. He wants some TLC, so I'll give him some."

credit : http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/local/news/idol-star-stan-keen-to-relax-during-visit-home/3908689/
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home Empty Re: Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home

Post by fynesthorse Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks for this sarah Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 333657
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home Empty Re: Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home

Post by KrystaBel Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 pm

..thanks Sarah!! Gotta love April, she is Stan's strength and reality check lolz.

One Question...is April Stans manager or is David Champion??
    Perhaps they both are??? scratch
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Good stuff Sarah - sorry I double posted!!
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:12 pm

don't worry robyn i posted it aswell but then i deleted mine cause i let sarahs post stay here. haha

its a great article hey. Stans lucky to have such a great family core round him.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:21 pm

yes, mama April is always there for him but kiwiana said that yesterday at the festival she wasn't there... Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 407491

Edit: also I really hope the fame doesn't worn him out... he is only at the beginning of his career and as the fame increases he will be limited more and more in routine daily activities like going shopping, to the movies, restaurant, to the park without being mobbed LOL

That's the price of fame I guess. It's true what mama April says about everyone wanting a piece of you when you are famous. Stan is also extremely good looking and that is a huge boost for mobs LOL Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 692500

Last edited by Simona on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:22 pm

QueenTiger wrote:don't worry robyn i posted it aswell but then i deleted mine cause i let sarahs post stay here. haha

its a great article hey. Stans lucky to have such a great family core round him.

I couldn't figure out how to delete mine! Otherwise I ould have done it myself.

Agree as to the curiosity about who is actually his manager - David or his Mum. I think maybe they share the responsibility - as in David handles the official/legal stuff and April handles the more personal aspects (like making sure he has clean underwear).

Just joking, April, if you happen to be reading - LOL - but I know just as you do what teenage boys are like - had one of those myself!

I think it is good the has he family involvement - he IS in a very overwhelming situation right now and they will help keep him grounded in reality. I can't see April letting him get his head too far into the clouds.

Last edited by RobynH99 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Plus I got a question - if he is booked through until April - why can't we get a schedule of those bookings?

Just in case anything IS in Melbourne............... Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 530336
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home Lol yes, I want the schedule too.... but the website hasn't released any schedule for Jan yet... Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home Icon_study
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm looking into this aswell robyn. hopefully we can get some answers soon. Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 306969
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm

..@Robyn " I think it is good he has family involvement"..yesss I love how his family all roll together!! Did anyone notice in one of the UTube vid clips of the Matakana Festival, that Stans sisterinlaw was singing with the backup girls?? I think Mikes wife??.. Hope Kiwiana can confirm that.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm

yes, that was Tam. Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 52856
    kaha
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by kaha Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm

he also has a friend from lismore doing backups
    hot_chilli
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by hot_chilli Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 pm

thanks so much for the article Sarah, his mother must be a very strong woman, and I too think it's a good thing she stands by him!
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 am

aw April's amazing..
    im glad she's his manager..
    cos she manages him so well!
    haha.. GO APRIL!

i wanna hv a pillow fight with stan :(
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:07 am

I would say he would have more then one manager! April would not know all the aspects of the music industry but I am sure she will learn fast. it is a cut throat industry and they would have got a business manager for that reason..
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 am

Yep for sure Josie....this is a business, to do well need to surround yourself with the right 'think tank' kinda ppl who can help you reach that goal. smartass elicopter
    Go...April....lots to learn but oh how exciting and challenging.....huge opportunity for Stan's family. Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 333657 Idol star Stan keen to relax during visit home 52856

Taichi
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

..Actually, u are so right Taichi!! Stan's journey is a wonderful opportunity for the whole family.. Stan IS the business!! And it is all very exciting, challenging, and sometimes maybe a little daunting Im sure LOLz, but with the right "think tank" people in place i.e lawyer, business manager etc...the sky IS the limit....yaaay Stan (and your whanau/family).. Go Hard for the Dream! flower
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 am

Thanx Krysta....try my best to always be right (not)...lol...merrily:)

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm