Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+8
Ataahua
Avalost
QueenTiger
Linda
Simona
shoooshoo
sarahbunny
josephineperrot
12 posters

[20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan

josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

[20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan Empty [20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 am

credit source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/show-me-the-money-stan/story-e6frewt0-1225812043757

Show me the money: Stan By Jonathon Moran From: The Sunday Telegraph December 20, 2009

AUSTRALIAN Idol winner Stan Walker has learned from previous winners and negotiated an improved deal to kick-start his music career.
    After Damien Leith, who won the 2006 Idol series, declared he had made no money from the sale of 300,000 copies of his debut album, The Winner's Journey, Walker instructed his lawyers to pay extra attention when going through his contract.

Walker, 19, has set up his own company - Stan Walker Music Pty Ltd, headed by his mum, April - to negotiate his record deal with Sony Music so he doesn't end up like Leith.

Leith claimed he did not receive a cent of the estimated $3 million profit from sales of his album. The young father of two was so cash-strapped that he had to sell his car to pay his rent.

"I'm guaranteed some cash," Walker told The Sunday Telegraph of his album, Introducing Stan Walker.

"I've got that covered. I got that sorted because we heard about that thing with Damien. Our lawyer ensured that we'd get paid off this with royalties and a percentage of the album sales. When Damien said what he did, it made me ask a lot of questions. At the end of the day, I don't want to have nothing."

Leith and his runner-up, Jessica Mauboy, were reportedly victims of fine print in the contract for Idol contestants, which specifies that the Idol creators, 19 Entertainment, and producer Fremantle Media own the rights to their performances on the show.The records released by Sony, called The Winner's Journey, compiled those performances, leaving Leith and Mauboy without an income from their debut offerings.

Walker said he took a modest weekly wage from his company.

"I get a certain wage every week, so it's good for me," he said.

"I want to buy a house in Sydney at the end of next year."

Walker's album, recorded over just two days, includes covers of tracks that he made popular on the reality series.

These include Purple Rain, Let's Stay Together, Amazing Grace and We Will Rock You.

"This is just a glimpse of what I can do," Walker said. "I've already started writing for my next album."

Last edited by Simona7 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added date)
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

[20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan Empty Re: [20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 am

Good on Stan!!! I never thought Stan was a fool and his learnt from the other idol winners mistakes about reading the fine print..I am so glad the money I paid for his album/single some will go to him..not all to Sony! in the idol forum they went on about Sony just wanting the dollars and that the winners get left with zilch..but at least our Stan won't be..and it is good to read about him writing at the moment fingers crossed 'save me' is on his new album..I have a feeling that Stan made sure that any contract for this album coming out in March it will have some of his own songs..haha I can just see JD's face when Stan was announced the winner! I wonder if he knew that Stan would not be putting his mark on any contract till it was read by a lawyer..LMAO..
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:42 am

Stan is such a smart boy Wink haha but hopefully his march album is all his orginals stuff song Razz
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:01 am

I reckon Sarah he made sure he had some say in what his album was going to be like..if he got a lawyer for the contract he would have made sure some input in what he wants is done on albums is heard..when his been interview he goes on about going overseas and producing so I wonder if his got something in line?
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 am

Hmmm well I would much rather hear Stans original music than Sonys music they want Stan to sing :) hmmm I don't know maybe he does hopefullynhe does Razz
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:21 am

I stuck pieces of that article in idol forum..love to stir Jenny and thelma up since they are always going on about Sony and the idol winner...sometimes they can be right..not always lol
    hopefully he puts some of his songs his writing in myspace..
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 am

Haha Josie you naughty girl haha Razz yer LOL atleast they can see Stan won't be a push over Big Smile I don't know if he putsnthem on myspace might ruin the suprise
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:21 am

Goood on you stan!! that is very said that damien leith sold so many albums, but he didnt get a sent for it :( I'm sure Stan's fate will be different
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 am

hi shooshoo..yes I have a strong belief that someone in the industry gave him some good advice about signing contracts! and what to do and how to do it! and it said about Damien..lovely guy and to not get a cent is harsh to me
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks josie for the post [20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan Icon_biggrin

Stan is a smart young man and most importantly he has his family looking after him and his financial dealings... April, as I said previously just by chatting with her a few times, I know she is a loving, caring mother and a wise woman. Stan is so lucky to have her doing his best interests in this business. Good on you Walkers! [20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan Icon_wink

Stan's getting a weekly wage! Their actions to protect Stan's financial position it worked beautifully apparently. I remember reading about Damien not getting any paid royalties from his sales and that he couldn't pay his bills. He had a wife and kid to support... how sad that was. Luckly Stan's family has that covered. [20.12.09] Show me the money: Stan Icon_sunny
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I was VERY happy to read that article.
    He's such a sweet kid. I would have felt really cranky if he was shoved around by sony. The Walker clan are not only talented but they have the brains to go with that talent too.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:03 pm

I thought you would like this post girls/boys one of the biggest issues is how Sony has treated the ex idol winners before. Why some people did not want to buy his album/single was that they thought it would all go into Sony's pocket..so very glad all his hard work promoting/signing and singing is that he gets his share of his hard work as well
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 pm

This is a great article...Can't wait until his album comes out in March.
    Avalost
    Avalost
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by Avalost Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:44 pm

That was a great read! Stan is talented and smart.. oh and seriously cute haha. cant wait till march for the next album :)
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:51 pm

that is good news. =)
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:09 pm

STAN ROCKS! :cheers:

MORE $$$ FOR STAN COS HE DESERVES IT!!!!

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:25 pm

haha well he does Napp..tell us a bit about yourself?
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm so happy to know this.

it would suck if stan didn't get anything for this.

Stan's fans want to support him, not sony.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:58 am

..so far all is going well for Stan. So very happy for that! And I am certain April, with her wise ways, will keep it real... I also think the Walkers have listened to some experienced people..Erena Clark, probably Guy too. Like I said before in another post (corporate Oz) dont be fooled by STANS easy going nature.. he is SMART!
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 am

i have a look at the albums available by damien leith, and there are at least 4 albums. So it seems that stan is at least going to produce 4 albums because of how he is going to manage his money. Goo stan!! :)
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am

..shooshoo what does that mean? Idol winners have to make 4 albums?? Is that a contract thing?
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 am

wow I wonder shooshoo and krystabel that his changed some of the contract when it comes to albums? be interesting what his done! I notice he did an acoustic 'black box' with both his brothers which I liked but I am so use to the first version of bb that not sure I like this one better lol
    yep infinity am glad it is not going all to Sony
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 am

I love the acousitc version of BB... hope he puts it in the next album... it's soulful, it's a Stan song when he does that version...

I'm not sure about the 4 albums... rules change every year I guess and could be different now. You would think once one enters in a contract with a production company is given a plan or targets to accomplish during the life of that contract...
    Anyone knows for how long Stan has been signed with Sony? 1, 3 or 5 years?
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:53 am

What i mean about the "4 albums " is that Damien was ABLE to make 4 albums even though from what the stories say is that damien didnt have much cash. So hopefully stan is going to do better in this department, so more Stan songs to come out and hearr...yeahhhhhh!! :)

ALso, i was thinking exactly what you guys were saying, i listened to the acoustic version of Black box on youtube yesterday , with his brother and another big guy on his right, and it sounded "stan" like soulful, it was awesome!

I have been checking itunes top ten charts daily, and black box has climbed to number 6, about 3days ago, and stayed there. and his album is moving from #2-3 place..so great ! :) :) :)
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

also, does anyone know how to put a picture of yoruself in yoru profile? thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:40 am