Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+9
LASERAsmiles
littleblackbox
Hikoi
QueenTiger
RobynO99
todreaminblue
josephineperrot
Ataahua
Simona
13 posters

Stans State T-Shirts

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stans State T-Shirts Empty Stans State T-Shirts

Post by Simona Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi SS Stans State T-Shirts Icon_sunny

It would be great to create our own SS T-Shirt design, get it printed and wear it whenever we go and see Stanilicious! Stans State T-Shirts Herz

Kiwiana already has made one with "STANd by your STAN" in front and "STANS STATE" at the back. That's to give us an idea.
    What I think: black T with a pic of him could be include, maybe front-centrered and "STANS STATE" printed above pic at arch... and maybe "Armada" bottom at arch as well in white? Anyway just and idea there.

I'd like to see what everyone comes up with. It would be great to create our own pic eg. as Tes did (Ataahua, our banner designer Stans State T-Shirts Icon_cool ) and then pick the words to be printed. Tes, has created a thread about "graphics". If anyone is interested or wants to give it a go check this thread https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/off-topic-f16/the-graphics-thread-t101.htm I'm sure I'll give a go! Stans State T-Shirts Icon_flower

what's your ideal SS T-Shirt? Stans State T-Shirts Fresse

Last edited by Simona on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Stans State T-Shirts Empty Re: Stans State T-Shirts

Post by Ataahua Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 pm

cool!

what i think about the, (shall I call it the 'motto') STANd by your STAN, maybe STANding by our STAN instead? I'm just thinking of it in the perspective that we are the ones wearing the shirt and we are the ones standing by him. If ppl think "our" is too creepy and possessive then perhaps simply STANding by STAN?
    just my 2 cents.

also, maybe just keep t-shirt ideas in here rather than split into the graphics thread too, since that thread is really just for technical questions cyclops
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:48 pm

I do not know where my post went? I love a black tshirt
    I suggested in my other post armada on one of the sleeves and maybe ask one of the Maori fan's about a design they have beautiful designs a bit like the celtics
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:53 pm

josephineperrot wrote:...and maybe ask one of the Maori fan's about a design they have beautiful designs a bit like the celtics

oh good idea!
    but maybe something small that can go just underneath the neck line/collar at the back...with Stan's State below the Maori motif? very stylish...and sometimes small is classier than large and in-your-face. rabbit
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Tes that is a great idea..look soooooo cool..but Tes your great at the arty stuff look at this website banner? love it
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

but like you said, if we do decide to add a Maori motif, we need somebody who knows the culture to design one for us. I'm not Maori and wouldn't have the first clue about the symbolism and meaning behind their intricate designs, LOL! rabbit
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 pm

What do you think of using my avatar as pic on the t-shirt Stans State T-Shirts 00020466 isn't he gorgeous???

I photoshopped it a bit, cahnged it to a warm brown-ish colour. There's also the cold (blue-ish) version.

OMG Stans State T-Shirts 000201B1
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Simona7 wrote:What do you think of using my avatar as pic on the t-shirt Stans State T-Shirts 00020466 isn't he gorgeous???

I photoshopped it a bit, cahnged it to a warm brown-ish colour. There's also the cold (blue-ish) version.

OMG Stans State T-Shirts 000201B1

i love that avatar of yours also like the warmness the brown creates and i love the idea of standing by stan that is what fans do....;0) i would as well as my tribe wear that if we were to see him again.....because when we go to watch him its for support for him as much as it is entertainment.....deb
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Ataahua wrote:but like you said, if we do decide to add a Maori motif, we need somebody who knows the culture to design one for us. I'm not Maori and wouldn't have the first clue about the symbolism and meaning behind their intricate designs, LOL! rabbit

You might also need permission to use an authentic design - and need to ensure the meaning is appropriate.

Neither aspect would be impossible, I am sure.

Ataahua wrote:cool!

what i think about the, (shall I call it the 'motto') STANd by your STAN, maybe STANding by our STAN instead? I'm just thinking of it in the perspective that we are the ones wearing the shirt and we are the ones standing by him. If ppl think "our" is too creepy and possessive then perhaps simply STANding by STAN?
    just my 2 cents.

STANd by your STAN reminds me too much of a very old song - "Stand by your Man" Like the third option best.
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm

RobynH99 wrote:
    Ataahua wrote:cool!

just my 2 cents.

STANd by your STAN reminds me too much of a very old song - "Stand by your Man" Like the third option best.

I think too the thrid option for the reason it is a more supportive statement than one of ownership.....i try to be mature lol find it hard when it comes to stan though as i am severely star struck......but i love the idea of support crew......deb
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:09 pm

To anyone too young to remember: Here is the song I'm referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

An Australian singer with VERY long hair did it here too, years ago - forget her name.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

I think she was kiwi Robyn and ended up on drugs and not long ago back in court but I cannot remember her darn name!!! but she was a lovely looking woman just went down the wrong path! I mean the singer who sang that song!1
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 pm

[quote="josephineperrot"]I think she was kiwi Robyn and ended up on drugs and not long ago back in court but I cannot remember her darn name!!! but she was a lovely looking woman just went down the wrong path! I mean the singer who sang that song!1[/quote

Allison Durbin - I just remembered - of was it "I have loved me a man" of hers I am thinking of?

edit

Team Stan - it is a member's signature here - but I like it for the t-shirt - it's not possessive, no reminder of old songs, and really probably describes this group well.

He he he - or here's a thought - "Stan's Squad" - as in cheerleading squad - perhaps a bit American - but that's where I am at the moment!
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

sounds awesome Simo....
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 pm

thanks renee Stans State T-Shirts Icon_biggrin

Robyn, I like Team stan! short and sweet... but we have to put Stan's State somewhere... at the fornt or back or both at the front?

better start design something.... what programs do you guys suggest to use to do the job? ... i wonder which are best... Stans State T-Shirts Alien
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Simona7 wrote:thanks renee Stans State T-Shirts Icon_biggrin

Robyn, I like Team stan! short and sweet... but we have to put Stan's State somewhere... at the fornt or back or both at the front?

better start design something.... what programs do you guys suggest to use to do the job? ... i wonder which are best... Stans State T-Shirts Alien

how about stans state in white going around both arms around the opening(what are they called)and graffiti style....not huge lettering but to get rid of the block style lettering (so everyday) and give the letters some edges.....deb
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 am

It woulld be nice to have a Maori design and Australian design on it to signify the blend of the two countries that he has come from.

It could be symbols eg.

boomerang and fish hook/koru
    aboriginal markings and maori moko/tattoo
    outline of Aus and NZ
    the saying "OZ n NZ" with a symbol

If you don't want the markings/tattoo obscuring the front of t-shirt, do it within a band going down left side of t shirt from shoulder to hem. That would leave the centre free for your name or main picture...

I wouldnt abbreviate Stans State!Lol! The SS was the gestapo wasnt it? lol! 😕

You could do "Stan's" in bigger slanted letters and "State" in small straight up and down letters underneath!

Good luck! :bball:
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Id' go with the Stan's Team on big letter on the front as the attention grabber with a photo of Stan - we can vote on a picture I guess.

On the back I would put the Maori emblem that we get from somewhere, with the Stan's State URL to this forum.

Perhaps Stan's State Fan Team on the top, design in the middle and URL under the design.

HOWEVER - more stuff on the t-shirt means higher production costs. Can we get a sponsor?
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Stans State T-Shirts Tshirt1copy

Put a blend of maori and aboriginal design in the circle? Or any other design. It doesnt have to go on the front or back, you could put it on the sleeve...
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:22 pm

I found this: (you'll need to scroll down)

Maori Tattoos and Non-Maoris
    By using a moko pattern for your own tattoo design, you may be insulting the Maori people. It is never ok for a non-maori to wear a Maori tattoo pattern, even if it is done with respect.
    Maori tattoo patterns and symbols are a way of personal identification for the Maori people. By copying their designs you steal a part of their identity, what the Maori see as an insult.

If you want a tattoo design in the Maori style, find a tattoo artist that has experience with Maori tattoos and knows about these issues. He can design a tattoo for you that has the looks of a moko without the Maori symbolic ties.

http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/maori-tattoos.html

EDIT

Front - needs to be centred. Just ideas

https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/62/50/79/front10.jpg

EDIT2
    Back - needs to be centred

https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/14/62/50/79/back10.jpg

EDIT3

Hikoi wrote:It woulld be nice to have a Maori design and Australian design on it to signify the blend of the two countries that he has come from.

I like this - or use his own Mozzie description

But both maps outlined would be great.

OK - enough from me - sleep time!!

PS - we have a graphic design team at work - I'm sure I could gently persuade the youngest to come up with something if I can give him some solid guidance from the group here.

Last edited by RobynH99 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Simona7 wrote:thanks renee Stans State T-Shirts Icon_biggrin

i actually felt funny about the maori tattoo or tribal design so checked out a site robyn put up....and this is what it said "It is never ok for a non-maori to wear a Maori tattoo pattern, even if it is done with respect." http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/maori-tattoos.html and that is the site if you scroll down the bottom it tells you that.......and it seems that it isnt the done thing for other cultures or people to wear maori designs either......and i do agree with that.....some things are meant to be sacred.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 am

how about I ask my daughter who is doing visual art or her boyfriend? to look at a design that is not actually both culturals but a design that could be blend of both which would not be sensitive to any one cultural! she did the design for our family reunion we had which was 200 people lol..I should be getting my tshirt even though I did not go to it in NZ tomorrow or friday will take a pic of the front design and if you like it will ask her or her bf to find something that is both but not? I hope you get my drift lol
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 am

josephineperrot wrote:how about I ask my daughter who is doing visual art or her boyfriend? to look at a design that is not actually both culturals but a design that could be blend of both which would not be sensitive to any one cultural! she did the design for our family reunion we had which was 200 people lol..I should be getting my tshirt even though I did not go to it in NZ tomorrow or friday will take a pic of the front design and if you like it will ask her or her bf to find something that is both but not? I hope you get my drift lol

i think that would eb a good idea i dont want to wear something that i dont know anything about or run the risk of offending someone......at a signing.....i guess that just might be me i dont know being overly sensitive to the tribal issue....i also liek the idea of a quote like stan fans are ordinary people something like that what do you reckon.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:22 am

see what everyone else thinks, what we need to is agree on what you want etc..then I can tell her to work out a design to wear it is needed on the tshirt but do more then one design then once all of us have agreed on what we want the pic etc..then she/ or him can do it and that means it is an original design our own we can copyright it
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:26 am

josephineperrot wrote:see what everyone else thinks, what we need to is agree on what you want etc..then I can tell her to work out a design to wear it is needed on the tshirt but do more then one design then once all of us have agreed on what we want the pic etc..then she/ or him can do it and that means it is an original design our own we can copyright it

sounds like a plan ....;0)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 am