Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+16
kalaivani
inikamoze
SarahNotBoring
KrystaBel
sarahbunny
Simona
xstan8318x
QueenTiger
Avalost
nappunyoja
Taichimisty
RobynO99
SAGirlie
josephineperrot
Ataahua
Hikoi
20 posters

Best or most interesting track and why?

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Best or most interesting track and why? Empty Best or most interesting track and why?

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 am

PURPLE RAIN

I’ve decided that Stan Walkers is bloody clever!

I was a little disappointed with the Purple Rain track. After a few days, I’ve got a new appreciation for it! I get it! He’s actually gone for a “cruisier” version of the song. But because I’ve only known the “grittier” Prince version, it went against the grain. But I thought, "no, he knows what he's doing", so I went back and listened and realised it was slower and he was going for a different vibe, slighty more soulful.

Now, I just love it! Next time you listen think slow and relaxed. If anything, I would have liked it a bit more slower! Lol!

I’d really like to know how our younger ones rate it (cos they probably haven’t heard prince version), so they wouldn’t be hearing it from our/my perspective.

I remember when he sang “Let Me Love You”, and I didn’t like it, I preferred the original, but I got over it and now I absolutely love it! I should have remembered that when listening to Purple Rain. I’m such a dick!!! Oops… can I say that? Anyway, the boys' sure got talent to burn!! Shocked
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Best or most interesting track and why? Empty Re: Best or most interesting track and why?

Post by Ataahua Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:01 pm

I haven't got my copy yet so can't comment on what the recorded versions sound like. but Stan said he didn't like his performance of Purple Rain and he said he doesn't get why ppl like it so much. he said he felt he could do better. now i'm not sure whether he meant the Idol perf or the recorded version on the album...sometimes i don't understand his kiwi accent, haha! :oops:

and I STILL wish Nothing Else Matters was included!!!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Best or most interesting track and why? Empty Re: Best or most interesting track and why?

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Yeah, he was talking about his show performance. Well thats what I thought he meant anyway :)

sorry, had to pop away and do some ugggh... work! before I could finish!

Yeah, he was on The Edge Radio show and one of them said his favourite performance on idol was purple rain and Stan said he "didnt like his Purple Rain performance and he could have done it better." The dj's cracked me up because they were like "oh,now you're just bragging!" lol!
    check it out on the interview thread (sorry dont know how to link), its says radio but they had a cameraman in there, you have to click on the long version though. :cherry:

Last edited by Hikoi on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Well girls and guys I have my copy!!! i went to the mall and rushed in and got it and it was showing as No1 in the album section of my kmart!! which is great and Hikoi I am listening to purple rain now as I write..love it and your right different from his idol performance and much more slower I love it I was never a big fan of 'purple rain' when Prince did it I liked it but did not love it
    I will tell you which song I love most on the track when I listen a few times very hard since I love them all lol...I would say my least liked one is 'we will rock you'
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Interesting point about Purple Rain, Hikoi, same view here, but I am listening to it all day, so I might get a new appreciation Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Purple Rain for me too. I actually have never been into Prince's music and never understood the fuss over Purple Rain - but Stan's version brought tears to my eyes.
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:09 am

This version of purple rain for me also.........absolutely thought the guitar was brilliant and complimented the song..... ❤ ....never been a prince fan......wasn't he called sex on sticks?
    For myself..........I do enjoy a song when they put their own interpretation on it rather than copying another version.......to me they then own it!!! ☀

Cheers
    Taichi
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:21 pm

ALL THE SONGS ARE WICKED!
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm

HEY THE PERSON ABOVE ME! NICE PHOTO WITH STAN!! Big Smile
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Nappunyoja.......nice to see you here..... ☀
    geeeeee thanx........taken Queen st Mall.......he makes you feel relaxed and comfortable......forgot myself for a moment ha ha ha.....as you can see... lol!

Catch up with you round the forum!

Taichi
    Avalost
    Avalost
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by Avalost Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 pm

All the songs are amazing of course, but i have to say the best one has to be the climb. I've allways loved the lyrics but needed someone to bring that spark to it, and Stan just does it for me :). I could go on about every song on the album since they are all AWESOMESTANTASTIC :cheers: ☀ :flower:

Alana xx
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Avalost wrote:All the songs are amazing of course, but i have to say the best one has to be the climb. I've allways loved the lyrics but needed someone to bring that spark to it, and Stan just does it for me :). I could go on about every song on the album since they are all AWESOMESTANTASTIC :cheers: ☀ :flower:

Alana xx

i am with you alana, i love the album, i listen to it every day since i got it. Love every song. But "The climb" & "Amazing Grace", when stan sang them on Idol and when i listen to them, it gives me goose bumps & makes me cry. the lyrics to these song are very meaningful.Stan is just such a humble person, and every word that he sings is believable.
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:50 am

for some reason Superstar didn't really stand out during IDOL, but I love it on the album.

Can't figure why but it's STANtastic! :cheers:
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:07 pm

hey guys! Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_biggrin

my most interesting track will have to be "THE CLIMB"

It's not my favourite, my favourite is "Superstar" Best or most interesting track and why? Herz Best or most interesting track and why? Herz Best or most interesting track and why? Herz
    Stan managed to make "The climb"completely a Stan's song. You can't sense any influence from the original (M. Cyrus) or other bands/singer who have covered this song before. The song is becoming a modern classic... being sung everywhere, especially during this holiday season...
    Stan put is Spin and Stamp on it. Great interpretaion and one hard to top even in the coming years! He will be point out and remembered for his rendition of "the climb" Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_sunny
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:17 pm

I agree with Simona :) the climb is the most interesting track for the reasons above and it's also my favourite along with Halleujah Big Smile
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 pm

I love the Album..yes I love all the songs. On a different day I may have a different favourite, depending on how mellow or soulful or spiritual I am feeling. Love..LOVE...L O V E them all!
    I have to say though regarding Purple Rain, I was never a fan of the Prince version - it was a good song for sure, popular with my hubby. When I saw Stans version, I watched it over and over continuously.. for me, Stan had absolutely without question blown me away... and all his songs continue to do that to me Big Smile
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:12 pm

hey sarah and krystabel ... so nice to be back here! Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_biggrin

agree with you krysta.... i love anything comes out of his vocal chords! Best or most interesting track and why? Lol

can't wait to hear all of this album's songs live! we melbournian are still waitng for his appearance down here!!!! Best or most interesting track and why? 554122 when he will ever come!
    SarahNotBoring
    SarahNotBoring
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SarahNotBoring Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:36 pm

I like Black Box the most.
    But I do like the climb, because I am a huge fan of Miley Cyrus.
    Even though Miley did it way better, it was still pretty good.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:45 pm

haha SarahNotBoring nice name haha i may be biased but i prefer Stans version Wink
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_biggrin hey SarahNB
    welcome to the forum!

Miley is very talented young lady and her song (the climb) is inspirational.
    Has been covered quite a bit lately...

did you hear the version of Joe (UK Xfactor) ? he recorded his version of the climb as the Xfactor winner just for xmas.... what do you think of his version?

he has a sweet, fine voice... similar to M. Cyrus, even though his is a boy. I personally prefer strong, deep smooth voices that's why i found myself liking "the Climb" only when Stan did his rendition...
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey SarahNB welcome to SS. Josie, Sarah and Simo - nice to be back!

..Yeah agree with u Simo regarding Joe (xfactor) and his single 'The Climb'. But I like Miley Cyrus too, so if Stan isn't singin his awsum version, then Miley wins out. Joe's version is just a male take on Miley's. Kinda sweet, but not different at all. His look is just that too...kinda sweet. The other guy Olly (who came 2nd to Joe)did The Climb and (no offence) is not even a contender - to me.

Stan's rendition wins hands down... for the reasons Simo stated, strong masculine smooth tones, with a killer range!!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:15 pm

ahahah yes, krystabel!

There is something about masculinity.... dunno..... that I like Best or most interesting track and why? Lol

Nah! seriously. Agree that Miley's does a better version of Joe... that's for sure because IMO his style is not strong enough ... so better to listen to myley's than his....
    having said that, he is an inspirational talented kid as Stan is and I"m happy he won x factor....
    but just not my cup of tea....
    I have my tea very strong! Best or most interesting track and why? Lol
    SarahNotBoring
    SarahNotBoring
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SarahNotBoring Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Haha, thanks for the welcoming.
    I guess I'm a bit different because I'm not such a huge fan. I think he has a great voice and I love what he sings, I'm just more into other singers.

Saying that, he has got some talent, young Stan. Although I probably shouldn't be calling him young, since I'm 13 myself.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 pm

yes, we got you are not a huge fan... Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_surprised
    but I think you like him just enough to register with our forum and post in here so thank you very much for your posts and your views!

we love young ppl around here, we have quite a few... Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_biggrin

although you are 13, I have to say, you sound so much more mature Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_eek from your posts I mean...... and that's a compliment! Best or most interesting track and why? Icon_flower

Also, Stan is a young man but as he says he feels 30.... Best or most interesting track and why? Lol he is msture beyond his age!
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:23 pm

hahaha Simo.. I like the play on words.. 'u like ur tea strong'.. ummm me too. lol!

SarahNB.. nice of u to join us at SS, even though ur not a big Stan fan.
    I think it is cool that u want to contribute, and that u KNOW Stan is talented..cos no denying that fact ay girlfriend!! Big Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:53 pm