Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+11
KrystaBel
Lily
Taichimisty
johnbrandon
rawinia
Simona
RobynO99
josephineperrot
xstan8318x
Linda
Hikoi
15 posters

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 Empty Re: SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Post by Linda Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Sorry,
    I was cacking myself when I read this. I just had a tough time keeping serious when "pharts" and "fresh air" were mentioned in the same paragraph!
    OMG it's getting worse.
    My eyes are watering now........
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 Empty Re: SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Post by KrystaBel Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:33 pm

hahaha...u so funny girl...U cracked up!! LMAO
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 am

KrystaBel is on the money - a polished Stan belongs in the future - give it another 5 years - it is his rawness that is appealing at this moment. He is nothing if not honest in everything that he does or has occurred to him. Not many men get on the abuse wagon and he's leading the charge. He has given sexual abuse an arena and his presentation of his own, done in truthfulness, has hopefully given children who are being abused, an opportunity to air their issues in an open way. Kia kaha Stan.

On a lighter note, his effervescent smile and laugh are totally contagious and the odd gaff only reminds us how real he is. I loved his response to Jaydee about the 'Janet Jackson' moment - so what did Stan do?? He took the mickey out of the statement not just once but twice until I'm sure Jaydee saw the gaff he himself had made. After all, what is wrong with a flash of nipple?? Wink
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:45 am

Amen sister!
    Nothing wrong with having some fun eh? As you can see I have difficulties with being serious ALL the time. Razz
    Stan can flash anything he wants to I reckon and everyone would think he was King........
    Elvis was king of rock
    MJ was prince of Pop
    Stan can be Prince of Soul! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:13 am

I was very interested in some of the posts this week in the idol forum about Hayley and her perfomance on Sunrise how a lot of people who were her fans found her to be lacking when she fronted bleach academy which they thought were great but not her! why I am bringing this up is because she is very good when she gets interviewed but at the end of the day if you cant excel when you perform then however good you are with the spoken word aint going to cut the mustard of selling your records. I find Stan a breath of fresh air his honest and funny and his improving each time he does do an interview..even with his infection he had with his wisdom tooth he was worried more that he did not perform for the crowd and sounded bad..
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Very interesting views,but have to go with Krystabel and Rawinia.
    I feel very confident of Stan, wherever he goes or who he has to talk to etc.(interviews) Thats what makes Stan stand out from the rest in AI and call me bias,but to me Stan is "so honest and humble" he does not have"to be Polished" to hit the American market.
    Americans will embrace him 1) he is from downunder,thats thumbs up!
    2)He is Maori (from New zealand)that is so unique :thumps up:and a very interesting character with a very sad childhood.But boy can he SING!!!
    Talking to my 3 sisters living in the US, they think that Stan has a very good chance of breaking into the US.He has all the components
    and most of all he looks to God for his guidance,which is very American,and could be a focal point.So,"Stan, you can bring the house down in the US if you want to"
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 pm

i just lost my thread - what does preview allow you to do lol?? However, the gist of my thread is this...when a maori taonga (treasures) is taken to another country there is a maori ritual that is done to 'clear the way'. This was evident of the Te Maori exhibition that went to New York in the 80's and the American's lapped it up causing an unprecedented attendance record for the exhibition (which was mindblowing). So to throw a completely different tangent into the equation of how to introduce Stan how about this...
    1) Stan needs to be introduced to a 'live' audience - American Idol would be outstanding.
    2) Before he takes the stage what if a beautiful wahine does an eerie karanga (greeting) beforehand and then Stan is heralded to the centre of a stage by a gorgeous warrior...

and then of course Stan does the rest. Surely this would pique the Americans interest...
    what does the rest of crew think of this......
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am

Rawinia,you have put it in the right context SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 913396
    I find Maori culture very interesting,and am intriqued by it,and most of all is their dance SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 333657 The yanks will be blown away by it.
    Agree with you,his intro to the Americans must feature his culture,which is a big part in Stan's life.
    Good post SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 333657
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Good post Rawinia.......loooove the concept. love

Members of my sister's church went to visit their American church members (over thirty five thousand) two years ago and did a performance for them as part of their visit....
    The Americans looooved it and shouted the roof of the building.... SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 913396 SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 163212 SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 333657
    The performance was outstandingly electrifying, powefully captivating and awe-inspiring in its delivery.
    "wow" felt the energy watching the dvd.....totally moved me.

That could be an eye-stopping and riveting performance for Stan, what an introduction to America.....the mind boggles!

Hey here's an idea....lets sack Stan's manager and hire the SS forum lol in glee:).....the ideas on here ROCK! happy dance

Taichi
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 am

Well, I think this IS Stans "testing" period. He's getting a taste of what the limelight and interviews is going to be like, and thats got to be scary for him. I dont think he realises how little time its left for him to be just "him!" He's very lucky he's able to promote himself acoustically, with the help of his family and co.
    And he already has improved his interview skills, remember the "fish pout?". Crack up, anyway, thats an example of someone being nervous and biting their inner lip. Anyway, he doesnt do that any more.
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 am

Really Hikoi.....never realised that about the 'fish pout'....but thinking over it.....that does make sense.
    How cute....nervous and shy...poooor baaaby!

Dicko said 'he needs to find a voice'.....the more action he sees the more practice he gets at working on his communication skills......since AI definitely has improved ten fold.
    Stan is certainly gettin' a taste of what it is to be famous......not much time for him to just be a young man any more....the price you have to pay ae!.....wonder if this ever crossed his mind....

Taichi
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:12 am

Now I'm not sure when he'll be slotted in for an American Idol performance(?),
    but with the rush on bringing out a March Album, I think it wont be "Black Box" he'll be performing... he'll be promoting his new Album, the timing would be right don't you
    think? The thing is though, will it be a new song, or will it be a cover of another song?

Sony's Susan Boyle made her debut on American Tv on 16th September whilst on "Americas Got Talent" Finale, she sang the Rolling Stones cover "Wild Horses", and it was beautiful.

I think Stan may go the same way, do a cover of a song thats semi familiar to the American public.

Rolling Stones: wild horses[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Susan Boyle: Wild horses [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

source:http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/09/17/susan-boyle-wild-horses-video/
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks for that post Hikoi...I checked out UTube with Subo singing Wildhorses. She did an amazing job. The song was perfect for her voice and she was presented well.

I hope Sony do a fantastic job for Stan too.. let the world see his incredible talent, and let his light shine strong and bright... move over Subo for Stan the Man!!
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 am

hallelujah Krystabel. Stan and Susan come from different corners - by the time Susan sang in America her audition segment had received 100 million hits - she was a 'known'. Stan comes from the background and needs to make an impact. Wildhorses was good - Susan's voice is good (well okay, very good) but Stan needs to be given the chance to let his voice rise and fall through the scales - the audience both live and through tv needs to hear the fullness, the plaintiveness of his instrument. They need to see his expression in full song because he is captivating. and so on and drawl and sigh......
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 am

As lovely as Subo's version is... I prefer Rolling Stones!

dunno why, maybe cos its less perfect. But it shows
    that some of those slow rock(?) songs are blimin awesome (like
    Hallelujah etc).
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Subo has a lovely voice.....try as i might, just does nothing for me.
    Enjoy the Rolling Stones version more.....well me ears do anyways...lol...in glee:)
    Good post Rawinia (as always).

Taichi
    hot_chilli
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by hot_chilli Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I too prefer the Rolling Stones version, but I have to admit SuBo has a very beautiful voice Grin
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 am

Have to agree Hot Chilli SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? - Page 2 163212 Rolling Stones..omg classic!! There IS NO comparison..plzzz.

On its own.. faa FAA away from the incredible RS version, Subo..yeh nice job.
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:34 pm

on American Idol last night there was a 16 yr old girl who auditioned and she sang Hallelujah. She asked if she could sing her version of the song and on my word, the short bit she sang was a replica of Stan's recital. Did anyone see it? She was good (but Stan's in a different category) and got the gold pass to Hollywood. I believe Stan's making an influence over there already lol.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Oh no missed it Rawinia..was that on last night? Shame...thought tonight..so the young 16yr old did Stan's version of Hallelujah huh? Well it is the BEST of all versions... sorry Jeff Buckley fans lols
    Stan Walker Girl
    Stan Walker Girl
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Stan Walker Girl Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Whoop Whoop goo stan lol
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 am

I just hope we get to see him on American Idol - with Australian Idol probably (any confirmation yet?) on a break this year, maybe that won't happen?

I'd like to see him sing wither Halo or The Climb on American Idol, because both would be known songs to the American public - or a gospel song, something that would also appeal to the public there.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 am

..yeah Robyn I hope Stan gets to perform on American Idol too, especially since there is no Aus Idol next year..the best reason for Stan to appear... cos he will have a 2yr reign!!

Not sure about performing The Climb cos that songs is EVERYWHERE and everyone is singin it!! Perhaps a little tired now...
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 am

hey Krystabel if you watched American Idol on Saturday night you would have spotted two contestants (both got through) who sang Stan's version of The Climb and Superstar. Our boy is being noticed - take note Sony.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 am

Yes Rawina...I saw it!! You are right, they were Stans versions - faa rout! The judges raved at those two performances, which is a huge complement to Stan in an indirect way!! I Wish Randy Jackson, Mary J, Simon and Kara could hear Stan sing...they would RAVE RAVE RAVE more more more...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am