Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+11
KrystaBel
Lily
Taichimisty
johnbrandon
rawinia
Simona
RobynO99
josephineperrot
xstan8318x
Linda
Hikoi
15 posters

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Empty SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 am

Its not often that an Idol winner is given the green light to push their wares into the American music market. Most times, Sony seem to be happy with idols being famous in their own country. :albino:

Of course there’s Susan Boyle, straight from the “Britains Got Talent” competition, who signed with Sony through Simon Cowell.
    Leona Lewis is another, with her success in winning the X-Factor and once again signed by Simon Cowell.
    Guy Sebastian is Australias own Idol (2003), who recently sang a duet with Sony’s American Idol (2007) Jordan Sparks. Is this the push Sony feels he needs to go through the roof and into the upper echelons of international stardom?
    scratch bounce

After all, this same routes' been used in times gone by. UK’s George Michaels’ first song (1987’s, “I knew you were waiting”), as a solo artist, had him paired with Americas Soul Queen, Aretha Franklin. :bom:

So, what’s your call? How they’re going to introduce Stan? Push the talk show circuit big-time, let him find his feet and gradually push him forward, release him as a solo artist with a fantastic single or introduce him to America by pairing him up with an American superstar to do a duet? If it’s a duet, who would YOU pick? And why? :king: :queen:

Last edited by Hikoi on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Empty Re: SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Post by Linda Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am

duet with beyonce eh! that would be awesome!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Empty Re: SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market?

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 am

Well, Beyonce is from the Sony Stable of Stars...
    He did just come back from her concert...
    Lol, I'm such a stirrer!
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 am

stan needs songwriters who can write songs that showcase what he's capable of. not s*** like black box. no offence.

it's taken them 7 years b4 takin guy to the usa so i doubt they'll take stan there anytime soon so we prolly won't have to worry about BB being used.

but using BB to introduce stan to the usa would never work.

that song doesn't do his vocals any justice and you won't see him win over fans like he did here on idol by singing that song.

he will need to impress to make it in the usa or he'll just be another dude who can sorta sing.

that's just my view so dun take it too seriously, yeah?
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:51 am

oops I must have done the wrong thing because my reply did not come through only what you wrote xstan8318
    I would love to see what he will sing at the American idol show when he performas I am sure he does..from what everyone was saying before he won..I think he might have to do a duet like Guy did with Jordan..and showcase his voice
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:08 pm

I don't like the duet idea unless it IS Beyonce!

I've been here (USA) handing out his album to some very senior people in business - who very often have contacts in the music industry - but believe me, even THAT is hard work.

Sony are world wide.

My bet for Stan is see out his Sony contract, then sign with Pete Wentz or Michael Buble's management.

Let's be realistic here - Stan has an AMAZING voice - so triple that with singing lessons and vocal training. Let him do that here. DOn't send him into the lion's den unprepared. Now is too soon.

Let's see his next album which he is writing for HIMSELF. At the moment he sees Guy as HIS idol - yet he is outselling Guy. Stan has yet to come to grips with his own potential - although I am sure David is well aware.

I think the best way to introduce him to the USA is actually keep him off American Idol. Lose the "Idol" tag ASAP. He needs to keep in touch with Michael Buble. While Michael is a different market, he had immense power in the music industry in the USA - and THAT will be Stan's ticket to the USA market.

Just my views!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

what did they say about his album Robyn? I hope he does sign up with someone else if Sony do not look after him
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Sony know they're on to a goldmine here! So I'm willing to bet they're giving him more leeway than any other idol before! I'm sure they realise hes superstar potential and will be around for the next 20 years making money for them hand over fist!! I hope! Because if they drop the ball, there's gonna big one ugly fight to sign him! Cool
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Nice work hikoi SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_biggrin

The deal for the winner of AI is that he will sing sometime during the next American edition, I believe season no.9
    I don't recall any other AI winner being show cased in the american series so a change of strategy there (please correct me if i'm wrong) SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_scratch

Now, I'm thrilled for Stan having that opportuniy. Some of the USA mentors on the AI judging panel (wentz, madden, buble... ok, he's canadian) might take the chance, once he's over there, to meet with him and discuss future projects/collaborations. That is what I will look forward to.... SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Fresse

If Stan is prompt to sing his single Black Box.... dunno what the USA response would be... from the present album I think "Man's world" "Superstar" "think of me" show case his voice and rep his choice of genre. SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_rr

The American series starts.... lemme check... "Tuesday, January 12th 2010" it's official. It will go on Tv tue and wed every week for about 3 months ... I don't know when Stan will be guest on the show. Hopefully his original album will be out then so he could sing his own work that better rep the artist he wants to be. If no original songs are out for the american show perfo he will have to choose something from his debut album... my favs are mentioned above. BB is cute but would like something more powerful to show case Stan's talent. SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_rabbit

The talk shows are a great medium to a vaste world wide audience (ophra, ellen, david letterman are followed/broadcast world wide). It would be a wonderful spectacle for our Stanilicious to shine in the eyes of the world SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_sunny I'm sure his production/management will do the best they can do. SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_study
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Hit the American's with what they want to hear - I reckon a remake of an Elvis song - Ghetto, Love Me Tender
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi rawinia SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_sunny Welcome to the fourm!

some fans have point out few resemblences with The King... I can see what you are saying.... very clever. The fact is, will the production go down that path? SONY- How would they Introduce Stan to the American Market? Icon_scratch
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:38 pm

josephineperrot wrote:what did they say about his album Robyn? I hope he does sign up with someone else if Sony do not look after him

I don't know yet - I handed them out today, so they won't have had time to listen yet.

Trust me, when I get some feedback, I'll let you know!
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 pm

rawinia wrote:Hit the American's with what they want to hear - I reckon a remake of an Elvis song - Ghetto, Love Me Tender

Nope - hit 'em with a Luther song - or Jonathan Butler. MUCH more Stan's style.

There is a PHYSICAL resemblanced to Elvis - not a genre.

Simo - agree about BB being "cute" - very good description. Doesn't showcase his voice in ANY way!
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 pm

It is nigh on impossible for an Aussie to make it in the States many have tried and failed, let's see how he goes here for a couple of years first, Sony will not be rushing him anywhere in my opinion apart from NZ where he is probably going to be bigger than here. Who said he is going on American Idol, its a dang hard gig to get on nowadays. Guy has been the only one to perform on American Idol and that is after Simon judged on World Idol and invited him.
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 pm

I hope Sony do not rush him over their, he is to inexperienced and would get eaten alive at the moment, he needs to grow as a singer and also on the PR side of things.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Exactly my point above. Way too raw yet.
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm

We are on the same page :-)
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:23 pm

I think Michael buble mentioned in an interview that Stan's voice was the strongest voice and that is American idol included which was a interesting comment from MB,
    thanks Robyn love to hear feedback give it to us even if it is negative we can take it ..grins
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:25 pm

I've seen some positive changes in the way he handles interviews lately... it has only being just over 3 weeks since the Idol win ... and he has improved.

He's only 19 and has his mum always right beside him to support him and help him along the way. I think family support is very important when you work in this industry.... helps keep you grounded, gives you strength and confidence. I have faith in Stan's potential.

Last edited by Simona on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:21 am

there are a plethora of 'soulful' songs from all genres that Stan could put his spin on eg: nothing else matters - rock; the climb - pop; what genre does Leonard Cohen come under ?? lol. however, when he delivers a song in 'stillness' (its a man's world, superstar, hallelujah) and with little instrumental backing (sometimes the instrumentals drowned him)the melody of his voice shone. from what i remember of elvis, it was his voice that was the predominant feature on his recordings - he delivered stories - and being a dyed in the wool Stan fan I believe he has the same capacity - he delivers a story. Hence my suggestion 'In the Ghetto' which if anyone remembers the song has aching similarities to Stan's world. It would be awesome to see Stan deliver 'his' spin on this classic song. A blue spotlight, a dark stage, a hushed and blessed audience who is about to be taken to a place of awe - I would love to be a part of that!!

I wish Sony insight to their newest signing. :)
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

hhmmmmmm.....very interesting.......thanx people........ :)
    Elvis 'in the ghetto' hmmmmm.....that would be interesting to hear....my sis loooooved Elvis.
    For myself just happy to hear his F.A.B voice....I'm no connesier(how do you spell that word again lol:) of music thats for sure, but more interested in learning these days thanx to Stanley, so I am all ears on everyones views. (looooooove them by the way) ☀

Interesting to see what the songs on his next album will be.....looking forward to that...challenging...maybe....he does have strong faith 'in the man upstairs'.....waiting in anticipation!

Stanley's interview skills have improved some since Oz idol......still 'raw' for the american market as yet, room for improvement, lots for him to look at.....like to see him stay in this area for a few more years.....look on it as an apprenticeship if you will....take it slow, no rush, he's young heaps of time....prepare himself for the american market....yes very hard to break into.

Look forward to following his journey with anticipation of better things to come. :flower:

Taichi
    Lily
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Lily Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Shocked Rawinia, I thought about what u said for Stan to sing in The Ghetto and I agree that song fits him just right!

I remember seeing Elvis on TV singing some songs live just on a small stage, with like 2 guitarists?, just the 3 of them sitting on chairs, very little music, very still, the audience up close sitting around the stage and it was awesome! It was his voice that carried it, no other distractions, no pyrotechnics (whatever u call it), just pure voice! He connected with his audience by delivering his stories and emotion. Ive seen him on TV in his huge concerts, big band, dancing etc, but this small gig, was the one I always remember, I couldnt get over how beautiful his voice was and how beautifully he sang...LIVE.

Not many singers nowadays could get away with that, they need there full entourage, dancers etc which is fine if u are looking for that kind of performance.

But Stan could, ur right he has the same capacity, he delivers a powerful story/message thru voice, emotion, he believes what hes singing...and is not just about giving a performance.

His beliefs & passion motivate his singing and he would relate to the message in "The Ghetto" and convey that to his audience effortlessly, and blow them away.
    Pick the right song like this, thats meaningful to him, and it will always show thru when he sings.

Your right Rawinia when he delivers a song in 'stillness' hes at his best.

If their was 1 complaint about his album, I agree with u I thought that sometimes the instrumentals and backup singers tended 2 drown him out at times.

Even Hallelujah, which was my favourite... I thought was better with just harp and guitar. In the CD they added more music (synthesizer?) which detracted from his voice, and they had the backup singers voices louder at times also, so that when he sings Hallelujah and the 2nd part of the word is sung softer u cant hear it because the singers sing over it. Sometimes less is better.
    I missed hearing the rising and the falling of his voice at times.
    And for me, this took out some of the emotion that I felt from the Live version.

Yet when he sings Superstar, Amazing Grace & Ordinary people etc u can hear it all, the rise and falls in his voice, and thus emotion.
    Flawless!

Thanks Rawinia enjoyed ur post, good points. Big Smile
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:34 pm

I remember that performance of Elvis......toooootally loved it....has always stayed with me, quite brilliant really how it was done...so with you on that one Lily.....quite mesmerising and magical at the same time. ☀
    Priscilla Presley said people loved Elvis for his voice, even when the medication/drugs had bloated him, made him overweight, never affected his voice that I can recall. (correct me if I'm mistaken)
    I feel the same magic about Stan. ☀

Cheers Taichi
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 pm

great points Lily, thank you. Well it seems we girls are in agreement :) - so who's going to call Sony?? lol
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:10 pm

It has been mentioned that Stan is too RAW at the moment with his PR skills, and that he needs polishing especially for the American market... wasnt that RAWness part of his appeal? That boyish BRO charm? I do understand what y'all are saying, I guess Im being the 'devils advocate' so to speak... maybe just a little tweaking required, but seriously, please not too polished - borrriinng!!..his laugh is silly..funny..contagious! He is happy to be HIM, unpretentious..honest..he is just so refreshing in all his youth.
    ... anyway, isnt that what the PR people do? Take care of the sophisticated stuff? Or do they "train" you to make the appropriate Media responses ie polish you??

I just love Stan, in all his rawness!! I guess some people are offended when he mentions 'pharts' lmao .. etc ..its funny cos he doesnt care, or maybe hes unaware that that language maybe inappropriate ..and hes just said it over the airwaves...haha ppl are so uptight - he is a breath of fresh air.. and maybe the American market will find there sense of humour and think so too Big Smile

What do you all think???

ps Lady GaGa seems to be doing alright just being her?? Couple yrs ago she was considered risque.. now shes HOT. She has stayed tru to herself and her art (Shes not my thing of course)... but do u get my drift??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am