Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+6
sarahbunny
KrystaBel
fynesthorse
kiwianabananarama
Hikoi
Simona
10 posters

'STAND UP' released 19.04.10 NZ only

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only Empty 'STAND UP' released 19.04.10 NZ only

Post by Simona Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 am

Hey guys,

On NZ iTunes store another single is available for dowload: 'STAND UP'

anyone downloaded it or hear of it? It was released yesterday the 19th.
    I listened to a preview and sounds like a beautiful ballad .... lyrics seems inspiring too... f
    rom the tiny bit I heard I love it....

anyway here is the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

let us know more please 'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only 333657
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only Empty Re: 'STAND UP' released 19.04.10 NZ only

Post by Hikoi Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

I remember the twitter on this... It was something about the Soccer World Cup..
    I'll go see if I can find it...

sorry, cant find it, but an Auckland recording studio had said that Stan had
    come in and did a session with them for the Soccer World Cup, I tweeted back to
    say if maybe they were thinking about the Rugby World Cup cos its here (NZ) next year.

About a month ago I think...

they neva replied...

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : xtra info)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only Empty Re: 'STAND UP' released 19.04.10 NZ only

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Hmmm....haven't heard it yet! If it's anyhting like 'The Feelers song~stand up'...it'll be mean...I just read on google it is this song...heres 'The Feelers'...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

huyya

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:15 pm

I thought a sport event would have been involved because of the pic on the cover.

Are those guys on the cover from the NZ national soccer team?

Is it for this coming soccer world cup? happy dance
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah, I think it is for the world soccer cup but whether it is youth or the
    Real World Cup I dunno?
    And yeah, thats the All Whites (NZ Soccer Team) outfit!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 pm

The feelers...'Stand up'...Video is a tribute to the Rugby greats...Sean Fitzpatrick, Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu etc..bring back Buck...haha...and that rumour about Jonah Lomu...totally untrue..Lucky I listened to Super!

I read on Google/twitter.. Stan has done this version...If I'm wrong ...don't shoot the messenger okay!

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

So my guess is, it must be the All Whites Song or campaign song for the Soccer World Cup!

lol! cutting edge reporting straight from Stan's State Fan Forum!!

Wow! Bit of a coup for Stan being asked! And for Soccer NZ, in getting
    Stans to do it, good on them!!

Wonder if Australia Socceroos
    have got a song, and whos singing it?
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Hik...is that what they are saying on Twitter that it is the Feelers song...Stand Up?! I posted above...yay my first video post...next time it'll be smaller ...ooops xo
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Lol! yeah, it is the same song, except Stans sounds more upbeat and with
    soul. Almost like an advertising promo you'd see promoting your country, BUT I
    like it very much! His voice is so distinct, the songs nothing like UNBROKEN, its
    another genre but his voice and style has, once again, made it seem like its always
    been his genre! I dont know quite what this genre is, maybe upbeat blues/soul?
    Without the heavy harmonica tones and beat, its lighter
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm

from Stuff.co.nz 'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only 764136

The song Stand Up, written by James Reid of the feelers and sung by Kiwi chart topper Stan Walker has been chosen as the All Whites' official anthem for the FIFA World Cup.
    Bay of Plenty-raised Walker shot to fame as winner of Australian Idol, and his first single Black Box reached number one in the New Zealand charts.
    Now New Zealand Football are backing Walker's version of the feelers' emotive classic - specifically recorded for the All Whites in early March and finished recently in Auckland's York Street Studios - to resonate with Kiwi sporting fans ready to watch the team take on the world's best in South Africa.

OMG the NZ team has qualified for the soccer world cup
    Not sure the socceroos did ???

oh my lord.... the World cup is the top-est of the top for me lol since i was a kid.... this is my tradition/culture lololol
    Last time Aus Vs Italy I was fisically sick before during and after the game ... I didn't want anyone to loose 'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only 325563
    it was so tragic lol getting up in the middle of the night to watch the games....
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:46 pm

kiwianabananarama wrote:.and that rumour about Jonah Lomu...totally untrue..Lucky I listened to Super!

ommggssshhh ! that was so ruddeee ! i even got text from people saying all this b.s and telling me to forward it - goosshhh ! i had to full search the net too , to check if it was true but luckily it wasnt Big Grin2 !! lols ..

gaaahh ! i wanna hear the full song by stan ! lols .. im so not a soccer fan but my fav. player would be tim cahill 'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only 913396 .. lols , but the socceroos did qualify for world cup in south africa !! cheerleader this will be australias third world cup too ..
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Wooohooo Lasera..Stan has another new song???? STAND UP! Omgosh.. the news is so gr8..yes please I wanna hear more songs from the Album!! huyya
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 pm

What is Stand up? is it for the soccor world cup? lmao ppl are going crazy over him singing it..where can u hear the snippet?
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:39 pm

preview it here :)

link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by LASERAsmiles on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:41 pm

yeah, the cover is very SOCCERy.. so i guess thats what its for.. when did it come out? haha

edit: oh it came out YESTERDAY :)
    radelaide
    radelaide
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by radelaide Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Story on Stand Up...
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 pm

wooooo thanks radelaide! awesome.
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 am

I know aaee?!?! Last week on the news the family were still upset coz they were still receiving tributes to JL...omg thats bad....Jonah must be related to you fynest???...aww he's the man!

I wanna hear this song now...thanx for the review Hik! I'm getting it today! xo sunny
    cktmt
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by cktmt Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 am

Morning Team!

I know its early but for any fellow earlybirds among us New Zealand's Breakfast show on TV1 is previewing Stan Walker's Soccer World Cup anthem at 8.24am this morning..

Here's a link to view live streaming or for those who miss it tvnz.co.nz/breakfast may have a linked video thereafter!

Will be sure to share my thoughts after I hear it Big Smile

kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 am

Just watching it now cktmt...thanks!

Yep I watched it and it was very short...but oooohh I like the black and white video if thats the real vid...he looks GOOD waving the All Whites scarf ...the song sounds great! It's the feelers tune but Stan totally makes it his own with his soul groove hapning...LOVE it! ....now i just need a itunes card to d/l the song from itunes TODAY!...xo
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 am

here is the video 'STAND UP'  released 19.04.10 NZ only 913396

thanks for the news cktmt... the NZ football rep talked about the song choice... spot on I say!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

OMG....I love it even more!! He's done a fantastic job with this song...Woohoo SHOT STAN!! Now I'm gonna email my mate coz he's a huge All Whites fan! Thanks Simo and cktmt! Stan always makes my day somehow!haha huyya
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Wow.....love this song very muchly.....Stan i love the way you continually surprise me....you are so exceeding my highest expectations of you!!! WTG Stan!

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm