Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

4 posters

[30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova Empty [30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova

Post by Simona Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:46 pm

omg, Stan had an effect on the female interviewer ....
    I know what she's talking about! [30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova Lol

This is the article about the interview. Has more details than the video interview Big Smile

EXCLUSIVE: Behind the scenes of Stan Walker's "Black Box" video shoot!
    We all know that VIP is totally passé... but roaming about like moles on a mission is completely okay. Especially if the location you’re snooping around is the set of the first video by 2009’s Australian Idol. Katie Spain reports.

Don’t get us wrong… we were invited to the secret Sydney location of Stan Walker’s “Black Box” shoot (we just enjoy ‘making like detectives’). The set was a huge house facing a harbor packed with boats. From the outside, the only sign that something special was happening was the occasional glimpse of a cameraman through window.

What we found inside was a team of Sony staff hard at work and a New Zealander sprawled in starfish mode on a bed. Yep, Stan Walker is one knackered young man. It’s not surprising really; since his Sunday night Idol win, his feet have barely touched the ground (or his head the pillow).

Already, Stan has the signs of a pro in the making. The day before his first video shoot ever, he sat through 14-hours of interviews (including a fly-by trip to Melbourne for the 7pm Project). Despite it all, he perked up for a chat with us. “The most common question I’ve been asked? That’s easy… how do you feel since you won?”

Ironically, the recurring question is the hardest to answer. Stan doesn’t know how the hell he feels – the poor bloke is in shock. “Sleep just isn’t part of my regime… it’s not in my schedule anymore” he laughed. He hasn’t even had time to hit Facebook to check whether his number one fan, Pete Wentz has been in touch. “He’s Facebooked me before but it’s just too hectic so I don’t even check it”. Joel Madden however used Twitter to give the thumbs up; “Joel has been in contact to say congratulations - which was pretty cool”.

So, has there been time to perfect his dance moves? “The dance moves are getting polished up at the moment, hopefully in the near future with my next album, I’ll be able to do some dancing with it. But I don’t want to dance by myself – I’d be too shame”. As for the “Black Box” video, Stan remained coy. “There might be a little bit of group dancing… we’ll see what happens. At first I was really nervous but I’ve warmed up now and I’m getting into it. I’m working on my look” (check out our video interview… Stan works it baby).

“It’s pretty cool – it’s my first ever film clip. It’s basically a house party that explains the lyrics. It talks about a relationship that has gone down but everything is still recorded in the black box. I really like it.”

When Stan first heard “Black Box”, the first thing he noticed was the lyrics. “It was awesome, I related to it so well because my last relationship was a lot like the way the song explains it”.

So, will Stan do a Lady Gaga or an Adam Lambert and unleash the inner alter ego during his live performances? “I’m slowly unwrapping it - it’s coming at you. I’m building up my confidence and will bring it out. It’s there, it’s slowly coming… I’m thinking maybe like a turtle. Turtles are slow but they win the race. That was so dumb! It just popped into my head!” Yep, the guy has a sense of humor.

Speaking of image, Stan once said in an interview that he’d take up plus size modeling if music fell through. Refreshingly however, the pressures of image don’t affect this witty New Zealander. “I’m fully not fazed by it. People are like, ‘you’ve got to look this way’ and this is not a cocky thing at all but I didn’t win Idol skinny. I won it how I am – just me. The best you can be is yourself; and that’s what people will fall in love with. They won’t fall in love with me trying to look like blimmin’ someone like Chris Brown”.

Walker’s life journey hasn’t been easy but his faith and family have pulled him through. It’s something he’s more than willing to talk about honestly. “I’d fully want to be some sort of example to people. Just because you don’t look a certain way, don’t have money or are in a bad situation, doesn’t mean you can’t succeed. Something that I’ve learnt is that people can help other people to a certain extent but it’s not until that person wants to help themselves, that they can move forward and achieve their goal.”

Stan certainly has big aspirations… marrying Beyonce is just one of them (brave man). Before that happens, he has a video to make and a debut album to release.
    As we ventured outside to return Stan to the hands of his crew, we took a moment to take in the surreal scenes on set. Giant blow-up swans in a huge backyard pool, beautiful extras moving into position and cameras focused on the man of the moment. Later, after getting you lucky fans some behind the scenes footage, we packed up and waved goodbye, Stan flicked us a knowing smile. A reminder that amidst it all, sits an inspiring young man with his heart and ego in just the right places.

The single Black Box is available now online and in stores. Itreached #1 on iTunes. His album INTRODUCING ... STAN WALKER will be available from Friday 11th December.

source credit: www.novafm.com.au

Last edited by Simona7 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

[30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova Empty Re: [30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for posting the article. :flower:

I love the fact he is laughing about having no sleep. It comes across well.

For someone who must have his head in the clouds, he certainly comes across like his feet are firmly planted on the ground. ❤
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

[30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova Empty Re: [30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova

Post by RobynO99 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:08 pm

inikamoze wrote:Thanks for posting the article. :flower:

I love the fact he is laughing about having no sleep. It comes across well.

For someone who must have his head in the clouds, he certainly comes across like his feet are firmly planted on the ground. ❤

Exactly my point to those on the Idol forum who asked will his bumbling ruin his media image. Personally, I think in most interviews he's done extremely well for someone with little or no media skills training (he's probably got a bit in the last 3 months). The only one I thought was doubtful was the radio interview with Alan Jones, but given the circumstances - I don't think I'd have done too well the morning after, and I've done my share of TV and print media interviews over the years.
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:27 pm

I finally got a chance to catch up with the threads on the idol forum today. I haven't heard the radio interview with AJ, but with everything else I've seen / heard he comes across a-okay. Quite like the joyous attitude tbh, and then when something requires a serious answer he's totally up for it. :cheers:
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 pm

inikamoze wrote:I haven't heard the radio interview with AJ,
    It's on this forum marked [23.11.09] [30.11.09] Stan Walker Behind The Scenes of Black Box Music Interview with Nova Icon_biggrin
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Thanks! I'm a little bit behind the times after my 'beary' stressful week last week. :albino:
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:07 pm

The best you can be is yourself; and that’s what people will fall in love with. They won’t fall in love with me trying to look like blimmin’ someone like Chris Brown”.

OMG HAHAHAAHAHAHAAA!!!!! :LOL:
    yes, this is exactly what i like about Stan. :^0:

Don't EVER try to be like anybody else, least of all Chris Brown. cyclops

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 pm