Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

5 posters

Feedback on Stan's voice

RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Feedback on Stan's voice Empty Feedback on Stan's voice

Post by RobynO99 Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Thought you might all like this.

I have a massage therapist (Paul) come to my home once a month and I had been telling him about Stan when Idol was on, but hadn't played any of his music. Didn't have any until the album came out and I only got that the day before I left for the USA.

Tonight I had Stan's album playing and asked Paul what he thought of the voice - I didn't tell him who it was.

He said "Great voice, really good". I asked did he know who it was. He said he had no idea. So I told him. He was really surprised - he had thoought it was one of my American R&B singers "like Marvin Gaye or someone" - not that he was implying Stan sounded like Marvin Gate, he was pointing more to the quality of voice and genre.

So I thought that was very interesting!

Last edited by RobynH99 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typos - as usual)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Feedback on Stan's voice Empty Re: Feedback on Stan's voice

Post by Simona Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Thank you Robyn. Always nice to hear positive feedback on Stan. Feedback on Stan's voice 118382

I have given my aunt Stan's album as Xmas gift. After a few days she rang me to thank me for all the wonderful many hours of music I gave her Feedback on Stan's voice Icon_scratch I was wondering what she was talking about then she said: "The Aus Idol winner.... the Cd you gave me.... hasn't stopped playing since then, over and over." She cannot believe the mature/seasoned sound of his voice (I'm trying to translate here because she was speaking italian to me LOL). No way she would have guessed that he was only 19yo. Also the choice of songs was excellent for her. All the covers were her favourites. She is so "in love" with his voice that asked me if she can come with me at his first concert, well, she didn't ask, she said; "I'm comimg with you full stop!" So Stan has a new fan there!

My cousins (girls) listened to his album driving in the car and the feedback on his voice were extra positive. They were amazed at his smooth, velvety, warm vocals. One of them compared him to a young Elvis, because of his voice and genre (mostly when she heard Amazing Grace). The only negative note was on We Will Rock You. They though his voice didn't suit the song.

Now waiting for my mum's feedback. She hasn't got the Cd yet, still in the mail system LOL
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 pm

My girlfriend in the USA loved him. He reminds her of Elvis - which is fine, as long as she likes him I don't care who she thinks he reminds her of! LOL. She rather likes his looks as well, I have to say - but then what woman doesn't, it seems?

The work people I gave albums to I have not heard from yet - but I know two dashed off on holidays the day I gave them to CDs and the third has had a death in the family (he father, actually) so I'm not expecting to hear from them until after the financial quarter end - for, as I did, they'll have come back from holidays and straight into long hours at work.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

other ppl pointed out the resemblance with Elvis.... on Fb too I encountered a couple a fans asking about that. I think in one occassion you were there Robyn.

I don't know, but I didn't see it as much at first (during idol forums someone posted a thread about the elvis resemblance) now I can tell there's something, maybe some facial expression? but again my cousin was refering to his voice not his look .... oh well, as you said, who cares, as long as they like himFeedback on Stan's voice Lol
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I have a vague recollection - LOL - but it is all a bit of a blur to me now.

Actually, I don't think he reminds me of anyone in particular.

I just think he has a great future, provided he can handle the BS that goes with the industry.
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 am

I think it was Lily and Rawinia saying Stan and Elvis had the same way of connecting emotionally and intimately with the audience and song, and that Stan should sing "In the ghetto". I agree, its an iconic emmotionally packed American song, no ones touched it, but Stan would do it justice.

I'm not the type to cry over a song, but that would defintely shut me up! It would be jaw-dropping!
    Feedback on Stan's voice 727573 Feedback on Stan's voice 727573
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:06 am

You could be right about "In The Ghetto" - I know that was a favourite of mine for a while back in the day. I think I knew all the lyrics even - and for me THAT is saying something!
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Simona wrote:Thank you Robyn. Always nice to hear positive feedback on Stan. Feedback on Stan's voice 118382

I have given my aunt Stan's album as Xmas gift. After a few days she rang me to thank me for all the wonderful many hours of music I gave her Feedback on Stan's voice Icon_scratch I was wondering what she was talking about then she said: "The Aus Idol winner.... the Cd you gave me.... hasn't stopped playing since then, over and over." She cannot believe the mature/seasoned sound of his voice (I'm trying to translate here because she was speaking italian to me LOL). No way she would have guessed that he was only 19yo. Also the choice of songs was excellent for her. All the covers were her favourites. She is so "in love" with his voice that asked me if she can come with me at his first concert, well, she didn't ask, she said; "I'm comimg with you full stop!" So Stan has a new fan there!

My cousins (girls) listened to his album driving in the car and the feedback on his voice were extra positive. They were amazed at his smooth, velvety, warm vocals. One of them compared him to a young Elvis, because of his voice and genre (mostly when she heard Amazing Grace). The only negative note was on We Will Rock You. They though his voice didn't suit the song.

Now waiting for my mum's feedback. She hasn't got the Cd yet, still in the mail system LOL

Great ambassadar Simona!!! Make sure they add him to his facebook page "stan walker" He has over 25000 fans now!!! the amount of fans is actually accelerating, ever since the holidays!!! yeah!!!!
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Elvis?? he doesnt sound anything like elvis!..hahah...very strange
    shoooshoo
    shoooshoo
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by shoooshoo Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Oh also, i have been telling a friend of mine who has been doing singing and has taken singing lessons for many years, about Stan during Idol , and he didnt want to watch it, because he hates idol what it stands for, he actually hates a lot of things, he is a bit of a "hater",..pray for him! hahahah Anyway, when i got the CD, i coudln't wait to play the CD for him, so i put on Mans world, then superstar.. and he thought Stan had an amazing voice.! yeah!! :)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:17 pm

ahhh , cool well i got copies for my cousin who came on an exchange student program from my country , she went back yesterday and let me tell you she loves it Feedback on Stan's voice 333657 she didnt know who he was a first then i told her ! lols i told her to tell everyone over there about him too Feedback on Stan's voice 913396 woo wooo !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:03 pm