Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+9
Taichimisty
RobynO99
todreaminblue
fynesthorse
Simona
josephineperrot
QueenTiger
sarahbunny
Ataahua
13 posters

[20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble

fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

[20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Empty Re: [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble

Post by fynesthorse Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 pm

todreaminblue wrote:
    lol........just kick her a lil bit.......and say we really do luvs ya susan but .......stan needs that no 1 spot....

kick et to me , kick et to me !! :lol: ahahahahahhahaaaaaaa , LOLS rabbit
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

[20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Empty Re: [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble

Post by RobynO99 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

Simona7 wrote:[20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Lol SuBo....

but still can't get around the fact that onthe chart the album is marked paltinum and he only sold 20,000 copies [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Icon_scratch David said they were shipping gold not platinum.... so how did he get the paltinum status ???

Retailers see the demand - trust me, they don't order more unless they can see they are going to move them. While I don't know how retailers decide, there is probably a trigger point of sales at which point retailers say "Yes, we'll order more". Also, I don't know how "on time" the retailers are with their reporting. So while that article says 20,000 units this week - physically there were perhaps more that have not been reported by retailers yet.

There there is the question of on-line ordering of the physical album - like I did - when are they counted? When the order is received by the retailer - or when the retailer ships out the album to the customer? I noticed that one was actually out of stock to ship if you ordered on-line - can't remember which one.

So there are a few bits and pieces we don't understand here!

As far as I'm concerned if the retailers are confident of enough sales to order another 35,000 from the record company, I'm happy!!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am

Nice one Robyn.....always look forward to reading your posts, lotta information.....learn heaps! ☀

Taichi
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 am

yes well Deb's I would have a captive audience in a female prison .. I am sure Stan is a hit in the jails lol.

I must confess guys I have watched 'britains got talent' with susan boyles audition and it does bring a tear to ya eyes....why shes such a big hit like over 82 million hits on youtube and shes sold more debut albums then anyone else in one week since they started doing the british charts and the yanks absolutely love her....her music is not to my taste but I think her story is just wonderful..
    but still want her to be top 2 I saw in Sanity today that Stan is top 2
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:37 am

Haha naww Josie her story is wonderful but if they did an full interview with him on sunrise like they did with susan that would bring you too tears although his story might not be able to be told on sunrise for little kids to watch but 60min could :) his story is one that is sad but inspirational Big Smile
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

nah Stan's story did the same as well! I am a softie for stories like that..
    I watched sister's keeper cried the whole way through it..hopeless I am..why I watch anything that makes me cry..I do not know..grins
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:10 pm

SB SUCKS!
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:13 pm

STAN"S THE BEST! Big Smile
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:28 pm

haha josie but they havnt actually done a full interview with him yet...oh dw i cried all the way through that too haha...and it takes alot for e to cry..welcome nappunyoja Stan is the best Big Smile
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 pm

congratulations to Stan! :cheers:
    NathanNation
    NathanNation
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by NathanNation Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 am

I read an article about this in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Susan Boyle's audience is clearly comprised of a different generation from Stan's audience.

Most of Susan's sales come from people, who actually walk into a shop and buy a CD. < 2% of sales are from downloads. Her customers are not as net savvy as Stan's. The article also says they're not as likely to be illegally downloading the music either.

By contrast, Stan's got the fastest downloading single in history.

Don't worry about it. Susan doesn't have as many singing years left in her career as Stan.
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 am

NathanNation wrote:I read an article about this in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Susan Boyle's audience is clearly comprised of a different generation from Stan's audience.

Most of Susan's sales come from people, who actually walk into a shop and buy a CD. < 2% of sales are from downloads. Her customers are not as net savvy as Stan's. The article also says they're not as likely to be illegally downloading the music either.

By contrast, Stan's got the fastest downloading single in history.

Don't worry about it. Susan doesn't have as many singing years left in her career as Stan.

HEY! ARE YOU NATHAN?
    ITS FUNNY TO SEE NATHAN HERE! :^0: :^0: Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 am

I like to see Nathan here! I liked Nathan too. In fact, I liked the final 4 - but Stan was my FAV!!
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:43 am

HA YEAH NATHAN IS COOL BUT STAN IS COOLER! Big Smile
    I LIKE NATHAN. I CAN TALK TO HIM HERE? 😕
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

I TINK ITS FUNNY BCOS NATHAN IS HERE BUT THIS IS STAN FORUM AND STAN IS NOT HERE. THAT A BIT WIERD. scratch lol! lol!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

Hey guys...

the NathanNation member is not Nathan Brake. She is a fan of Nathan called WunderBunny so you might want to address her as WB or wunderbunny, not Nathan.
    k? cheers [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:54 am

Simona7 wrote:Hey guys...

the NathanNation member is not Nathan Brake. She is a fan of Nathan called WunderBunny so you might want to address her as WB or wunderbunny, not Nathan.
    k? cheers [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

why? im confused. scratch
    dats not nathan and dats nathan fan? dat fan like Stan too?
    thats ok bcos i like nathan too lol!
    NathanNation
    NathanNation
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by NathanNation Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Sorry guys. I'm not Nathan! I'm a Nathan fan. Simona and Josie know me from the AI forums.

I tried to open an account called "wunderbunny" but I mistyped my own email address. The activation email disappeared into cyberspace. So I opened another account called Nathan Nation.

~~~ spam advert removed ~~~

This has nothing to do with Susan Boyle!

Last edited by Simona7 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spam advert removed)
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 pm

platinum!

that's bloody brilliant! :cheers:

congratulations Stan! :cheers:

Nathan fan in a Stan forum?

The Man is bloody popular no doubt. :^0:
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 pm

aha , yeaa dont find it surprising that we have nathan fans on here , cos stan and nathan are close mates :) wooo wooo go stan ! feeling the love , lols ..
    xstan8318x
    xstan8318x
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by xstan8318x Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:21 pm

fynesthorse wrote:aha , yeaa dont find it surprising that we have nathan fans on here , cos stan and nathan are close mates :) wooo wooo go stan ! feeling the love , lols ..

yeah I reckon aye?

I don't mind Nathan. :)

he's pretty cool.

but I don't think I'd go so far as to join up at his fan forum.

I barely have enough time to keep in the loop with Stan's schedule! 😕
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:42 pm

aha , you sound very busy .. im just happy im on holidays :cheers: so thats free time up my sleeves for facebook , twitter , youtube & stan`s state :lol: LOLS

yepp , im feeling the love so i know more people are going to join this cool azzz forum Big Smile ..
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 pm

xstan8318x wrote:
    but I don't think I'd go so far as to join up at his fan forum.

I barely have enough time to keep in the loop with Stan's schedule! 😕

LOL I don't have time to join other forums too, although it might be interesting....we can just Stanify everyone we meet! [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Brows

fynesthorse wrote:
    yepp , im feeling the love so i know more people are going to join this cool azzz forum Big Smile ..

haha yes, I feel the love too. so warm and fuzzy in here. [20.12.09] Susan Boyle Murders Michael Buble - Page 2 Grouphug
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm

NathanNation wrote:
    I run the web site for Nathan Brake fans. ~~~ spam advert removed ~~~

Nathan's not feeling well today. He has to go to the doctor.

This has nothing to do with Susan Boyle!

Upon reading this post NN I can't help but feel that you are
    1. Advertising your site in here and
    2. Obviously you need to google maps because this forum isn't a forum for Nathan fans or Susan Boyle fans

However if you are (like many of us here in this forum fans of Stan and Nathan then how about we behave like such?

No offence meant of course, but we just want to be able to enjoy our time here without feeling like we've been infiltrated by persons trying to get a bite out of our members.
    So how about we just stick to the topics and forget about the advertorials?

Last edited by Simona7 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spam advert removed)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:23 pm