Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+16
fynesthorse
IAmJustSuperman
Simona
kalaivani
Keitamaanga
Linda
kasjopaia
Lily
inikamoze
KrystaBel
rawinia
Vee777
kiwianabananarama
Gisray
josephineperrot
Hikoi
20 posters

What songs would you like to hear Stan sing?

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

What songs would you like to hear Stan sing? Empty What songs would you like to hear Stan sing?

Post by Hikoi Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:44 pm

What song or songs would you like Stan to sing?

01. "Heard it through the grapevine" by Marvin Gaye
    02. "The Day You went Away" by Wendy Matthews (Australian yay!)
    03. "Misty Blue" by Dorothy Moore

bounce
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

What songs would you like to hear Stan sing? Empty Re: What songs would you like to hear Stan sing?

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm

awwwwwwwwwwww that is so hard Hikoi..lol..
    'sitting in the dock of the bay' otis redding
    I will have to think of some other songs..but great thread
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

What songs would you like to hear Stan sing? Empty Re: What songs would you like to hear Stan sing?

Post by Gisray Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Hikoi,

I wasn't sure if I should of put the song choice on this thread or the gospel market thread.

1. Change is Gonna come by Sam Cooke ( R & B singer/songwriter)

Luther Vandross sung this and it really showcased his voice - light and shade, loud and soft, and the quality and timbre of his voice.It is on Youtube under "Luther Vandross sings in Church - Change is Gonna Come" if you don't know the song

Stan could really do justice to this song, in his own style,and the lyrics are very him.
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey Gissie,
    yeah, love this song and love luther!
    Its a real classic, its so full of meaning and emotion, Stan will
    relate so much to it due to his past. Its powerful, and yeah, you're right, its an iconic gospel type song. sunny
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey gissy and Hikoi cuzzies

Id be happy with stan singing any of Luthers Songs...since he interprets them so well and him being a huge fan of Luther and the old skool soundz...hed definitely do any of L justice. Something to dance to like perhaps 'Never too much'. But always love me the slow jams like 'If only for one nite' and 'Dont you know that'...mmm wud be SWEET az.

Oh but i would love to hear "Suddenly' Billy Ocean...I just love RnB...Stan wud kill ...and id faint!What songs would you like to hear Stan sing? 563318

Kiwiana xo
    STANds by her STAN
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 am

hey kiwibananarama! great to see u here!

I reckon Stan will conquer Gospel the way he has conquered all the other styles he sang on Idol. He learnt so much from his mentors! I think he just needs to find a gospel mentor who he can learn and master the fundamentals from,then put the "Stan" spin on it for the audience he wants to target! Who're the names in the gospel business? Has to be Sony of course! unsure
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey Hikoi cuz
    Call me Kiwiana buddy....names too long ae..lol

mmmm....gospel....yep yep....you know i posted on A.I forum a song that needed a gospel feel with Stan in mind and a backing choir....what the hell was it? ummmmm...shoot It'll come to me cuz...its late afternoon here and my brain is mush at the mo.

People in the gospel business? and Sony?...nope cant think of any...I'll have to ask hubby...hes a muso...not famous...and jealous of Stan...haha....but he might know.

Sorry i wasnt much help...I'll get back. Actually do you think he really needs a gospel-mentor...hes pretty clued up you know...watch a few faves on youtube always helps. We agree he can conquer any style...hes so amazing. Wonder what he'll sing on Saturday? I'll be in touch cuz!! xo Grin
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi guys,

Sam Cooke was a gospel singer with the Soul Stirrers before he went to R & B.
    Vee777
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by Vee777 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah I would love to hear him sing A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke as well. Love that song & Stan's got an awsome voice! Ooooo I'd love to hear him sing some Christmas songs too. I love listening to Christmas songs when its nearly Christmas & I would so totally buy his Christmas Album.
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:38 pm

songs for Stan...woohoo - good topic. here we go:

1) Cant We Try - Teddy Pendergrass
    2) Aint No Sunshine; Lean on Me - Bill Withers
    3) Unchained Melody - Righteous Bros
    4) Only You - The Platters
    5) If Only For One Night - Luther Vandross

and two out of left-field

1) You don't have to say you love me - Dusty Springfield
    2) Tell Laura I love her - Creation

:))
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 pm

..oh yes rawinia.. I love ur song selection..imparticular my favs from ur list:
    1. Aint no sunshine/ lean on me - Bill Withers
    2. Tell Laura I love her - Creation (wow..interesting!)

What songs would you like to hear Stan sing? 163212
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Having been reduced to a bawling mess over the last couple of days with the death of Teddy Pendergrass, I'd have to add 'Love T.K.O' to the list of great songs in this thread. It's one of my favourite songs of all time and Stan would nail it. wub