Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+4
Hikoi
Simona
sarahbunny
Ataahua
8 posters

[11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise

Ataahua
    Ataahua

[11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Empty [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise

Post by Ataahua Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 am

direct from the Sunrise homepage, click on the Stan icon:
    http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/sunrise/

the youtube vid has an audio problem but here it is anyway:

sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

[11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Empty Re: [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:04 am

YouTube was fine for me haha the backup singers did have lame hand movements...Stan sounded good he looked cute Big Smile
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Empty Re: [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise

Post by Simona Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 am

amazing performance live! love his vocals [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Herz

Hey sarah, but sunrise studios are located in melb... are they [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_eek ?

went on their website and the address says NSW... better be otherwise it means I wasted a chance to go and see him this morning [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise 000202F6

I looooove that top with the long cross-necklace.... shows his neck a lot... He looked like he put a bit of weight on [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Fresse must being all the wendy's and other delicious Maori food he ate.... he's a food lover like me [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise 0002035E

LOL is the forum possessed? what happened to my post [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_eek

Last edited by Simona7 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Simona7 wrote:went ontheir website and the address says NSW... better be otherwise it means I wasted a chance to go and see him this morning [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise 000202F6

I looooove that top with the long cross-necklace.... shows his neck a lot... He looked like he put a bit of weight on [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Fresse must being all the wendy's and other delicious Maori food he ate.... he's food lover like me a [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise 0002035E

He did look like he put on weight Razz lols i thought sunrise was located in Sydney Neutral
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 pm

I loved that performance! Hes starting to put more of Stan into it. His throat still sounds sore though, but hes a real professional and working his way around that soreness. And then he lets rip with a whole bunch of high notes! is he for real? Shocked Shocked
    SAGirlie
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SAGirlie Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Loving Stan more every time I see him - What a lovely young man. His album cover is a cute as a bug.
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Hikoi wrote:I loved that performance! Hes starting to put more of Stan into it. His throat still sounds sore though, but hes a real professional and working his way around that soreness. And then he lets rip with a whole bunch of high notes! is he for real? Shocked Shocked

what do you mean? technically I understood [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_scratch nothing...
    he had a sore throat when he sang during sunrise perfo?
    and what do you mean with the high notes? I'm just curious and willing to learn something about singing [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_study .... do you sing Hikoi?
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Simona7 wrote:
    what do you mean? technically I understood [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_scratch nothing...

Hikoi wrote:I loved that performance! Hes starting to put more of Stan into it.

He's getting used to the song, and in places he's starting to play around with the arrangement so its getting cruisey in places

Hikoi wrote:His throat still sounds sore though,

I think his throats sounds a little raw and strained when hes in his higher register. Normally it wouldnt be a problem for him but hes had such an hugely intense singing schedule his vocal chords are feeling it. He's even said that Erana and his Mum have told him hes got to rest his voice.

Hikoi wrote:but hes a real professional and working his way around that soreness.

So he goes easy on his throat by doing his beautiful harmonies, which is in a lower key thus less strain on his voice

Hikoi wrote:And then he lets rip with a whole bunch of high notes!

Just when I think "thats good, look after your throat", he turns around and hits the high notes again!! lol!

Hikoi wrote:is he for real? Shocked Shocked

I'm like "are you kidding me?" lol, AND he's hitting those high notes lol! Hes a machine! I dont know whether to ruffle his hair or pull his ears for straining his voice again! lol!

Simona7 wrote: .... do you sing Hikoi?

I wish!!!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm

thank you so much for your reply. [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_flower

I can hear the strain in his voice but i'm so biased [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_rolleyes I even love that about his voice. I know he got told to rest and even not to laugh out loud so much as he usually does... jeeeez that's hard to bear [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_silent ... but you are right, he hits the higher notes right at the end [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise 11312 and he shouldn't have to preserve the voice.....
    aaahhh he is just amazing [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Herz .... I also agree with you about making the song his own. That's why I'm loving Black box more and more each time i hear him singing it live! [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_sunny
    kaha
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by kaha Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:33 am

Sunrise studios are at Martin Place in Sydney
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 am

yes I would say his throat is getting a big work out with all these perfomances what can he do? his got to promote his album/single poor guy! and your right Hikoi when he sang that song the first time on idol he was not comfortable with the song but now he sings like he would brush his teeth lol..

edit

I put up a post here which tes said is already here so sorry about that Tes! but on it he did bring up my nephew Ben Lummis who won the first NZ idol which I will send off to Ben who will be a happy chappy his album will come out I think early next year songs he has written which are great..
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:21 pm

josephineperrot wrote:
    edit

I put up a post here which tes said is already here so sorry about that Tes! but on it he did bring up my nephew Ben Lummis who won the first NZ idol which I will send off to Ben who will be a happy chappy his album will come out I think early next year songs he has written which are great..

That's great for your nephew josie. I posted the same thing yesterday in the profile section. But don't worry about, that's why we have mods! [11.12.09] Stan performing on Sunrise Icon_biggrin
    nappunyoja
    nappunyoja
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by nappunyoja Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:31 pm

WOW THIS IS SO GOOD!! I WANT TO SEE STAN ON TV MORE! bounce :^0:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:01 am