Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+2
sarahbunny
Ataahua
6 posters

[03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen

Ataahua
    Ataahua

[03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen Empty [03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen

Post by Ataahua Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am

source credit: http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/2009/12/03/idol-winners-album-release-sight-unseen/

Idol winner's album release unseen

FORMER Byron Bay student Stan Walker cannot wait for his fans to hear his first album.

And neither can he.

The 18-year-old 2009 Australian Idol winner will release his album, Introducing Stan Walker, on Friday week, but he has no idea how it will sound.

“I haven’t heard it yet,” Stan said.

“I will probably find out the same day as everyone else.”

The album will feature re-recorded studio tracks of some of Stan’s performances on Idol including Purple Rain, The Climb, Ordinary People, Superstar and his two new songs, Think of Me and debut single Black Box.

It will also include a duet with Stan’s idol and the original Australian Idol, Guy Sebastian.

To add to his success, Black Box has further launched Stan into stardom, giving him his first appearance on the ARIA music charts.

The single was ranked number two on the charts for singles and downloads this week.

It was beaten by Tik Tok from American singer Kesha Rose Sebert.

“It has been amazing, I’m really excited about it all,” he said.

“It has all been so full on.”

Stan finished filming for the Black Box music video clip earlier this week.

Stan, who is resting up at home with family in Coolangatta at the moment, is gearing up for the new year.

“I’ve just been taking the time to relax and rehearse,” he said.

Sony Music Chairman and CEO Denis Handlin, said Stan was deserving of his Idol win.

“Stan is a remarkable and gifted young performer who has shown great spirit not only throughout his life, but during the show to win this year’s series,” Mr Handlin said.

“I am very pleased that again this year we will have a brilliant album of Stan’s incredible journey from the show to release to the public for Christmas.”

Stan was born in Melbourne and was raised in New Zealand before eventually settling on the North Coast.

He said he had a troubled life surrounded by drugs and violence but credits Christianity with helping him sort himself out.

Please give proper credit if re-posting this elsewhere.

oh you bet we can't wait!
    I'm not sure who's more excited. Stan or the fans.... Razz
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

[03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen Empty Re: [03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen

Post by sarahbunny Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:21 am

LOL bless Stan his so cute Big Smile I'm extremely exited I've been having dreams about his album :oops:
    LOL can't wait,can't wait,can't wait ❤
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

[03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen Empty Re: [03.12.09] Idol winner's album release unseen

Post by RobynO99 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:49 pm

And it is shipping GOLD. Let's hope the shipments turn into SALES!
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm

i'm sure it will. those songs he performed....it should go platinum! bounce
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

thanks Aatahua,
    I cannot believe the poor guy does not even get a chance to hear his songs lol..his such a sweetie and so cute
    so Sarah why do you have to wait for the album at xmas? is your mum buying it?
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:54 pm

yeah, i can't wait till it comes out. I'm sooo excited for Stan, he so deserves this. :cheers:
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Gah I'm soo angry I went to the plaza today to buys his single and it was sold out in kmart and big w :(
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Hey Sarahbunny, where do you live, cause if its sydney i will be able to advise where to get them. i have 5 copies. (actually more but i don't want to say lol! )
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Nahh I live in Victoria, and I can't find any in the plaza I'm going highpoint Sunday I'll see if their are some :) haha dw alot of people own more than 5 copies lawl 👅
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm

haha..well good and bad news Sarah!! good they are all sold out and bad news you could not get one!!
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:29 pm

I know true :) but awww :( haha I'll try highpoint on Sunday (Y)
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Sarahbunny, if you can't get a copy let us know, i know ppl in melbourne that might be able to help track down a copy. Just a suggestion. :flower:
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:20 pm

thanks queentiger ill see on sunday first Big Smile
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:57 am

He might have made no 1 on the arias if SOny had replicated enough CDs - seems a lot of people not able to buy it.
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am

Let us know how you go SarahBunny, my fingers are crossed that you get a copy.
    Robyn its true, i know a heap of ppl that said that couldn't get a copy. But i wonder if its because some of us got more than one copy.
    lol!
    If the shops had put them on the shelves the next day, rather than sitting on them, it may also have been a different story. Took me 2 days b4 i found them in BIG W. Monday I chased down all the shops I went to BIG W, Target & K-Mart never had it on their shelves. When asked they didn't know, or they said it was on the docks not been checked off yet.
    As long as the album is put on the shelves straight away i will happy. Bring it on "INTRODUCING STAN WALKER" AVAILABLE 11/12/09. 6 DAYS TO GO... bounce
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 am

You know what's weird Stans video was on video hits today and at the bottom it said his album was put in stores anda vailable to download on the 8th
    johnbrandon
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by johnbrandon Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Digital sales are what counts for singles, its the opposite for Albums though :-)
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:41 pm

So when does the album actually come out? I heard 8th, 11th and 14th soo which one is it?
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Maybe the recording studio sessions went better/faster than expected and they are able to release earlier?

I don't know The Sanity web site still says Dece 11. So does JB Hi-Fi's say Dece 11, although it does carry the following notice:

"Please note: the above release date is for online store only due to shipping requirements – instore release date may vary."

So It still looks like Dec 11 to me.
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Meh I don't know but if it's Dec 11th that's a Friday and gives it only 2 days untill they updated the aria charts....same for Haleys single

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm