Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

2 posters

Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama Empty Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama

Post by Simona Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 am

CONCERT INSPIRED BY STARS
    A concert showcasing successful Maori and Pacific singers will be held this Saturday evening as part of the Matariki festival with a line-up set to inspire.

Stan Walker, Ardijah, Maisey Rika and Adeaze are just a few of the artists who will be accompanied by the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama, the glistening of the stars.

Chamber orchestra conductor Peter Scholes has been creating the orchestration of songs since the start of the year when concert producer Hinewehi Mohi came to him with the idea.

"It's Hinewehi's brainchild. I've been given the job of taking the artists' original songs and making the orchestra cover all the musical ingredients like rhythms and chords," he says.

The artists have chosen four songs each to bring to the concert – two they will sing alongside the orchestra, and two they will sing alone.

Mr Scholes says: "It's a huge challenge. I have deep respect for the creativity and skills of the artists so it's a privilege to be able to do songs and conduct alongside them."

Tiramarama will also feature a new composition by Dr Charles Te Ahukaramu Royal and Reo of traditional Maori instruments, taonga puoro, with the orchestra.

Concert producer Ms Mohi says: "Matariki is a great time for coming together and sharing. The Tiramarama concert provides a showcase of collaboration of cultures and musical genre for us all to come together and enjoy."

Ms Mohi says the idea for incorporating orchestral music with pop songs comes from a rich European tradition all musicians respect and admire.

"This is a standout opportunity for contemporary artists to perform with sublime sound of orchestra. It will be particularly interesting hearing the voices of taonga puoro combine with orchestra," she says.

Tickets to Tiramarama start at $35 for adults, $15 for under 16 from www.buytickets.co.nz or 0800 BUY TICKETS.

CREDIT SOURCE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/auckland-city-harbour-news/5176486/Concert-inspired-by-the-stars

Last edited by Simona on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama Empty Re: Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama

Post by kiwianabananarama Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 am

omgosh I nearly had a heart attack seeing Saturday when I have tickets to the concert for Friday. Tiramarama is tomorrow on Friday. Jacobianstangirl and I are going together yayyy! I am looking forward to hearing the acoustic arrangements and Stan singing with the chamber orchestra as well smile And of course I love Ardijah, Adeaze and Maisey Rika so it's definitely worth getting the A Res seats. My only fear is that because of the ash cloud over NZ (caused by that chile volcano erupting)and the delay and cancellations of flights over the past 2 weeks...Stan may not get here Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama 158573 then I will be very very very sad ...nah I'll eat a massive banana split and she'll be right mate lol I'll keep you guys posted. I'll try me best to video it all. Me and Jacoby are up top left on the balcony. Kinda similar to the town hall but this concert is at the ASB Theatre in the Aotea Centre and I'm not sure how high the first level is...but its close to the stage...apparently Big Grin2 anyways we'll enjoy ourselves and pray that Stan will make it. My only question is "how can Stan do Novafm live, if he is in Aux?" omgosh!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama Empty Re: Stan will perform with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra in Tiramarama

Post by kiwianabananarama Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Flights in and out of Aux cancelled today cries
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Tekarere (maori news tv show)last night. Its taken from the rehersal for Tiramarama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGhkgrGOsU

Me and Jacoby were a lil nervous Stan wouldn't make a flight over but he came yay!
    Awesome az concert! Frm Tekarere the lady rehersing is Bettyanne Mounga from the polyfunk band called Ardijah. The 2 samoan guys are Adeaze. Maisey Rika also performed and of course our Stan.

They were the highlights of the night including the opening with the maori group 'Waka Huia' and a Haka with Stan near the end.

No cameras were allowed or any recording device...so shoooosh...i got Stan!
    I think Maori TV filmed it all so look what StanWalkerVideos found
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWX8R6auWEc&feature=channel_video_title

Honestly I wish I could've got more videos but the ushers were checking everyone who pulled out anything electronic. I thought I didn't wanna risk getting caught filming and be kicked out or my camera confiscated and miss Stan so i thought I'd take the risk with Stan only :)Totally worth it.
    Me and Jacoby were up one level. I had my camera covered with my purse and balanced on my lap. I didn't even know if I had it pointed in the right direction lol...but yep this is what i got...

Loud Acoustic with Piano
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LcxH4r4ZA&feature=BFa&list=PL5FD614B27B0C48B9&index=5

Halo acoustic and duet with Ria Hall( a singer from yt that Stan always liked)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soe6VlSQp7A&feature=BFa&list=PL5FD614B27B0C48B9&index=4

Halleluyah with the Auckland Chamber Orchestra
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXnwUiI0PAY&feature=BFa&list=PL5FD614B27B0C48B9&index=2

Choose you with the orchestra
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBxn0MWHE58&feature=BFa&list=PL5FD614B27B0C48B9&index=1

and the haka with Te Waka Huia Maori Cultural Club!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvX1HkIQ3Ss&feature=BFa&list=PL5FD614B27B0C48B9&index=3

Big ups to Hinewehi Mohi, the main organiser of Tiramarama and the Auckland Chamber Orchestra conducted by Peter Scholes...and the other artists who performed namely Eden Tautali, Jason Duff, Nathan Haines Band, Tama Waipara, Riki Bennett, Horomona Horo, James Webster, Alistair Fraser, Te Ahukaramu Charles Royal, Erina Daniels.

Had a great night! great company! great concert!

happy dance happy dance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am