Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+9
QueenTiger
Simona
fynesthorse
Taichimisty
Gisray
inikamoze
Linda
kiwianabananarama
Hikoi
13 posters

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Empty Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Post by Hikoi Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 am

Hey everyone! Just thought I would start off this thread for my blisters! Heres one of their clips/footage from the concert. They had 2 cameras, one was a camera that had excellent quality but small amount of videoing time avaliable, (less than 17 minutes). The other was a video cam which doesnt have as high a quality but more videoing time.

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Empty Re: Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 am

Ive seen this a few times today and i love it!! Its excellent Thank you Hikoi, lily, Gizray and Paul!! Great work Paul...way better than mine cuz!! woop woop! xo Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 333657
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Empty Re: Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!!

Post by Linda Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am

Wooohooooooooooooooo that was awesome girlies!!!
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks! Go Stan! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 913396
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Stan State fans!!! It’s Gissie here. Got back to Gizzy.. Sunday late avo.

As Hikoi said, Mum was in hospital and our sis and bro help Mum look after our Dad. They all do an awesome job and are a real blessing of the Lord. I offered to stay behind, but polite,gentle Hikoi says” Let’s face it sis, you’ll be useless!!! Bwah hahaha. That’s our Hikoi! (love ya sis) Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 333657
    Well, she gave us our orders…. Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 775509

1. We weren’t to talk during videoing ( and by the way Lily and I –the 2 grey haired paparazzi wonders- have absolutely no idea how to work a video or camera!!lol Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 158573 )
    2. We were only to touch certain buttons on the video(in case we wiped everything- I could see Hikoi groaning inwardly thinking “TECHNO PHOBE AMATEURS! …but we love “winding her up”heehee)
    3.And don’t go right up to the front of the stage because the audio quality may not be as good ( Which, Lily’s hubby took that to mean – Go up the front!!!)
    This is Hikoi's version not Lily's and her hubby! Feel a family dispute a-comin' Grin

We were on a mission! huyya huyya huyya
    Get footage for our sis and SSFF, or face the consequences from her when we got back.
    What a team we made as we trundled of to Taupo, with Hikoi’s instructions ringing in our ears!! We nearly went the wrong way twice!.. it was like the blind leading the blind!!! sunny LOL..
    We got to Taupo eventually, and after the Loo, it was feed time……..

More to come.. huyya

We got video footage and photo’s which we (Weta Digital we definitely are not!!!) are trying to upload but it is taking time.
    Bear with us as we are real newbies but I will post more as they are put up by Hikoi and maybe Lily. God bless
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Thank you Gisray, Lily, bro-inlaw and Hikoi for sharing your vids and story.....looking forward to the rest of the story!!!!
    Loooove the instructions given to ya from sister Hikoi....do it like this, don't do this and don't do that.

Appreciate the effort big time!!!!

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 pm

OMG you guys are da bomb.......... i love reading all the stories.. it's like I was there!!! love you all (kiwi cuzzies)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

woooooooo ! thanks for sharing Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 913396 love it :)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Gissie i looove your story LOL too funny about Hikoi giving you orders bahahah and you winding her up bwuahahahah!

Please give us more What a Face
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:24 pm

[img]Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! PhotoEranaClarkeBBbv2[/img]
    Erana Clarke doing backing vocals sound check before the concert!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 pm

[img]Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Stanashtaylor2[/img]
    [img]Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Stanashtaylor4-Copy[/img]
    [img]Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! Stanashtaylor-1[/img]
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Niiice pictures.....Stan is looking goooood!!!

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm

LOL@Taichi
    I've never known him to look bad?
    biased much? LMAO@me
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 pm

oooo loving em piks - thanks hikoi Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 163212
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

hahaha.....thanx for the laugh Linda.....soooo true.....he always looks good.....he's looking more dashing these days....oh alright he's lookin dang good cos need to see him in concert...like today!!!
    Withdrawal symptoms are setting in...lol...hurry up Stan!!!

Taichi
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Hikoi you are the bomb gf, thank u for the post & thanks for the photos. Gisray thanks also for ur post aswell. I so love hearing other experiences with Stan & his performances it really makes you feel like you are there in the midst of it all. Group Hug Because everyone has so much passion for Stan it really comes through in every ones posts. So thanks again. xx
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 am

Thanx guys, I know I had a lot of fun listening to them tell me about their escapades!

New video clip up, "It Only Happens" by Renee Geyer! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 163212
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 am

Morning to you all, Gisray here..thanx for your comments.

We are uploading as fast as we can, but it's taking 2-3 hrs per video!!! woot woot We did try to render them but the quality was lost with the vid from the videocam!! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 494568
    Hikoi and Lily are working on them, cos they want them to be of a good quality for ya'll. My son has helped Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 913396 upload the ones of our camera, which Hikoi has put up for ya's in the meantime. Enjoy....and we'll get back to you.God bless
    sunny
    Gisray
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by Gisray Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 am

Part 2: Dizzy Gizzy meets Umbrella and Man’s World

Hi…as I said Lily and her hubby and I arrived in Taupo.
    If you haven’t been there before, it is beside a big beautiful lake with a popn of about 20,000. Its gorgeous and green with a river running from the lake, past the Concert site (which is a lovely big park) which leads to the Tourist attraction, the Huka Falls. The weather is beautiful… it is hot, hot, hot!!!
    OK,OK, I know…back to what you really want to hear about. LOL

We had our feed and went back to the carpark. Lily’s hubby shot of somewhere and she went to the Info center. I , meanwhile went to where the car was parked. As I got near to the car, I could hear singing. It was STAN practising!!!
    So, what did I do?! I went into HIKOI mode. If it was me, I would casually wander over, but cos Hikoi couldn’t come, I knew what she would do!!
    I ran to the car, grabbed the camera, and began to run down the road….FOLLOW THAT SINGING!!!! huyya
    Now, you girls know what it’s like when you got your nice patent red dainty
    sandals on Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 52856 ( I was wearing these and my bro-in-law was wearing my jandals cos we went to a restaurant and the shoes he was wearing, was barefeet!), they are not the easiest things to run in Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 494568 ( sorry, In my mind, I was running fast but in reality…SLLOOOOOOW!!!!!) and they are not user friendly if you hit diff surfaces ( Remember, jandals on wet tiles!!!) happy dance Need I say more!!!
    Well, here’s me, the grey haired paparazzi madwoman, running down the road, turning the camera on, saying “, can u hear that?” ( OH blast, that’s rule no. 1 broken! Rebel, that’s me!) and I am recording my excursion, and in my mind, I’m saying “This is for you sis, cos she will appreciate the effort” Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 333657 Hey, did u know when we showed her,we were LOL so much, we had tears running down our face. Sorry, back to the story…
    Well, I’m running down the road, over down a grassy knoll (remember the shoes!!) hoping that I don’t rumble tumble down like “The poky little puppy” with the last shot of me that you would see, was that of my nice red patent sandals in the air!-, across the road to another grassy bank. Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 158573 Groan.. Oh dear…I looked down the footpath to see if I should go that way, cos I could really hear Stan singing Umbrella, but all I could see was 4 Security .
    OK,OK, I know, down the bank it is….!
    Sidle, sidle down the bank…please don’t fall, please don’t fall…I’m a mountain goat….made it with all my bits intact. Yay for Gissie!! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 913396 The crowd goes wild! OK, so there’s only me, just got carried away a bit!

Now, I’m in the park, like the turtle in the undergrowth.. recording the song.
    HIKOI MODE IS NOW IN FULL SWING!!! She would be proud of me!! Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 333657
    Now, unbeknown to me, Kiwiana is in the river swimming ( which is only about 30-50 m to my left) and doing her bombs ( on the Coast, it is always the biggest splash ay – I’m feeling ya Kiwiana) . Hikoi meanwhile has been txting Lily’s hubby like mad to let us know but his phone has not been topped up. I know what ur thinking.., but he was very good in bringing us here ( I gotcha back, bro hehehe). I record Man’s World and lo and behold Lily and her hubby arrive. They have followed the singing too!!!!
    Stan is singing about 50 m away in front of me and the sound is good… you can hear for your selves. By now, it is 3.30-3.45pm and we haven’t even checked into our motel yet. We are having waaaay too much fun!!!! Grin So off to the motel, check in, shower and back by 4.30pm for the concert….

More to come.-Last of rehearsal, Meeting Kiwiana, Opening Act
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 am

And here is that famous clip of my sis, the spry and agile mountain goat,
    following the pied piper "Stan Walker", aptly titled "Dizzy Gizzy meets Umbrella (Paparazzi)"

He may be singing Umbrella, but shes doing the moves from "Aint No Mountain High Enough". bwahahaha! I have the BEST sistas!

Last edited by Hikoi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 am

LOL @ Gisray and ur red dainty shoes for running.....like the spry and agile goat part......awesum update....couldn't stop laughing....sounds like so much fun.
    Looking forward to the next part of the story.

Man you and Kiwiana tell the best stories.....so feel like i'm there with ya.

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 am

Omgsh you guys are the bomb! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thankful you guys are part of this forum!
    SERIOUSLY! I just love it babes!
    10/10 for you guys. it's like I didn't miss anything and shared in a fantastic adventure!!!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:37 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeesssssssssss!!!! Thats it !! Thats it!! If you turn left You would have seen me on the rope swinging high and into the river....woooopwooop!! hahaha...The fence surrounding the area for the concert is straight ahead 50 metres...Oh Gizzy...shot babe...Ive been missing that river and Stan serenading songs...Im having withdrawals...this is awesome...funny az gurls...haha...loooove the stories...keep it coming!! yeahhh!! xo

Last edited by kiwianabananarama on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 pm

omg that is all so good!
    The pics Hikoi! thank you for putting them up, love last one with the jujus ahahahaha
    The story Gisray and your video.... LOL you crack me up talking about running in your red dainty sandals hahaha I know what you mean hahaha I love it how you followed the Stan-pied-piper (good one Hikoi, it did feel that way on the video!) like you were drawn to his voice.... omgosh! what a voice he has! will never stop being amazed by his voice... pure honey smooth silky sound... my gosh!!!

can't wait for next part ....
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 pm

bahahahaaa - omggsshhh - love the story gisray Harpies Big Day Out at Lake Taupo!!! 333657 lol @ patent red dainty
    sandals - classic :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:53 pm