Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+2
Avalost
medz007
6 posters

Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics...

medz007
    medz007
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics... Empty Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics...

Post by medz007 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey all mah Stan-mad peeps! Wink

Just wondering if anybody knows whos version of Amazing Grace it is that Stan does? I think I may have heard/read a rumour somewhere that he wrote/modified it himself?? Also still keen AAAZ to know how/why the last line in his album version of 'the climb' was left on a sad note instead of the positive note like it was done on AI... :)

Big Smile

Big Smile

Big Smile
    Avalost
    Avalost
    STANdard
    STANdard

Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics... Empty Re: Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics...

Post by Avalost Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Yea i would also like to know why it is left on a sad note :( i still love! love! love! the way he sings it though :)
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics... Empty Re: Stans Amazing Grace & The Climb Lyrics...

Post by Hikoi Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

I've been told Amazing Grace is based on a version sung by Chris Tomlin. ❤
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:59 pm

yes Stan did Chris Tomlins version which i have listened to on youtube it is different from the amercian black version of amazing grace which I do prefer to be honest, but Stan changed Chris Tomlin's version if you hear CT's version then you know what I mean.
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 pm

medz007 wrote:Also still keen AAAZ to know how/why the last line in his album version of 'the climb' was left on a sad note instead of the positive note like it was done on AI... :)
    me too, and when he sang it on AI, the last line was "you're GONNA reach it"
    but in the album, the last line's "you'll NEVER reach it"

GONNA-positive
    NEVER-negative

whyy stan? whyy?
    haha, but he still sings it super beautifully. haha.

maybe its cos he had to make the album in just 2 days?
    so because the last line was the only thing that wasn't good, they couldn't be bothered changing it cos the rest of the song sounded awesome already, and they had to work on the other songs. maybe? hmmm
    radelaide
    radelaide
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by radelaide Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

medz007 wrote:
    Also still keen AAAZ to know how/why the last line in his album version of 'the climb' was left on a sad note instead of the positive note like it was done on AI... :)
    Big Smile

I'm not a lawyer but suspect it related to copyright.

When it comes to recording, with standard copyright permission in place I understand that you can edit or simplify the original work provided that you don’t distort its original character, which includes editing the lyrics.

So maybe they were stuck with the original lyric when it came to doing the album (with no time to seek formal permission to alter it)??

Just a theory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 am