Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+16
kalaivani
inikamoze
SarahNotBoring
KrystaBel
sarahbunny
Simona
xstan8318x
QueenTiger
Avalost
nappunyoja
Taichimisty
RobynO99
SAGirlie
josephineperrot
Ataahua
Hikoi
20 posters

Best or most interesting track and why?

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best or most interesting track and why?

Post by Simona Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:33 pm

krysta... I like your avatar Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Herz did you make it?

Another song I like and I think is interesting in the album is "Think Of me" ??? Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Fresse

whadda you think? bahahah! I think is soooo stan's style. Maybe a good reference for his future work Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Icon_scratch ... he also admitted in an interview that "think of me" is more is style than BB.... you know what i mean....

BB is catchy, pop.... LOL even my hubby sings it in odd moments... as in... when it's not playing on the radio.... LOL he has withdrawls from that song and it not his type of song..... so BB is a smart, catchy song but no where near stan's style... the acoustic version it's better, so much more stannified! Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 149823
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best or most interesting track and why?

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:52 pm

..thanks for avatar compliment , yeh I made it Big Smile

'Think of me' is a fantastic Stan song.. the perfect R&B motown(ish) sound, with Stans fresh modern take..soooo good. Definately Stans comfort zone...like Al Greens, Lets Stay Together. The song sits comfortably and seems easy. Guy produced this number, and he did good for Stan. :flower:

BB is catchy pop. The more you hear it, the better it gets! (lolz) Initially, Stan didnt take to it, cos he couldnt find HIS sound.. but pushed through that.. and today HIS BB song is a winner! Well deserved. :cheers:
    But as mentioned in other discussions in the Forum..BB is perhaps not the song to introduce Stan to the world. That song will need to a Stan special, and hopefully written by him to boot...xx
    SarahNotBoring
    SarahNotBoring
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by SarahNotBoring Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:11 pm

Wow, thank you. I have been told I'm mature by a lot of people. Its just the way I've always been.

And I thought why not, may as well contribute seeing as I do like Stan. And this seems like the place to do it.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:43 pm

...oh yeh Simo, and also the accoustic BB versions is AWSUM! OMG AWSUM! I completely LOVE that!! ❤

Also..Do u think that the accoustic BB version could b the 'Stan special' to take him internationally?

I just love Stans accoustic sound. He is unique in that he delivers every accoustic song naturally, without the pampering of production.. and with that naturalness Stan shines in the glory of his talent.. what a voice (sigh)
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Simona wrote:hey guys! Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

my most interesting track will have to be "THE CLIMB"

It's not my favourite, my favourite is "Superstar" Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Herz Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Herz Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Herz
    Stan managed to make "The climb"completely a Stan's song. You can't sense any influence from the original (M. Cyrus) or other bands/singer who have covered this song before. The song is becoming a modern classic... being sung everywhere, especially during this holiday season...
    Stan put is Spin and Stamp on it. Great interpretaion and one hard to top even in the coming years! He will be point out and remembered for his rendition of "the climb" Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 Icon_sunny

I agree with you Simo. He brings a credibility to it that is lacking in the original.

My most interesting song is We Will Rock You. I'm completely fascinated by Stan's performance of this, both on idol where it was my second fave of all his performances, and on the record. Haven't worked out why this one intrigues me so - so the 'why' I'll have to leave for now. scratch
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I haven't answered this question yet!

off the album, Ordinary People is my favourite hands down. it's just freakin awesome. the emotions he puts into that recording is better than the others. or maybe it's a better song?? I dunno. I just can't stop listening to it.
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Funny - I don't particularly like Ordinary people - his voice sounds really odd (to me) in certain parts of the song. I like the song, as in the lyrics and the music - I just feel Stan's voice goes weird in part of it - BUT having said that - I should probably go and listen to the original and see if there is a similar vocal style there.

I'm actually liking "Think of Me" more and more
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:51 pm

hi all stan fans,firstly Happy New Year and i see some new Stan fans in this forum flower Spent a month in NZ and heard Black Box everywhere i went Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 913396 Bought his album in NZ(released on the 8th Dec)and listened to it everyday,driving my relatives and friends crazy(in a good way )My fav is Hallelujah,The Climb and What the heck--- all his songs.He is beyond awesome and talked"stan" to everyone i met and encouraged them to buy his album.
    Amazing Grace is another that is so Stan.He is so popular in NZ but there are many who do not support him( thats okay)He is on his way to the top Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 913396 Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 163212
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I whacked by own darn brother over the head today about it. Hell, he has heaps of Maori friends, lives in Dunedin, and HAS NOT HEARD OF STAN????????????????????????

I told him to go an buy the ablum TODAY!!! Although I admit with the time difference, the shops were probably closed.
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm

inikamoze wrote:
    My most interesting song is We Will Rock You. I'm completely fascinated by Stan's performance of this, both on idol where it was my second fave of all his performances, and on the record. Haven't worked out why this one intrigues me so - so the 'why' I'll have to leave for now. scratch

Hi ini!
    check out Gisrays answer on the thread https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/random-discussion-f27/will-singing-other-genres-hurt-stans-sales-t185.htm

its post #11. Its about "we will rock you". very interesting!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey Babes and Dudes...Happeee new years cuzzinz!! Well what can i say...its busy and amazing times for shur...Nice to be back in the warmth that is stans state cuzzies....and how are you all...well I chose to come here first this year to post because I love the album. My faves on the album are 'Superstar'...omg...i think my idol of old Luther Vandross wud be proud Stan can do justice to his amazing song...for me its breathtaking...stirs something deep in me....haha...not gas...ahaha. I love 'the climb'. I truly feel his soul when I hear him sing this...the lyrics express a journey of his life that gives me strength and upliftment! I love them all really...but those 2 are my faves for shur. Purple rain..I do love except that I know the show version so well the album one sounds a bit odd...same with Halleluyah. With 'Think of me' I agree with simo too...its his style we want to have repeated. Its a really catchy song and his voice is so mature to handle the bluzey-soul feel. What can I say about BB...its awesome...everyone in my house knows all the lyrics..its my ringtone on my blackberry...its great. Have a great week cuzzinz...Its a sunny day in Auckland today...yay!! xo Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 563318
    IAmJustSuperman
    IAmJustSuperman
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by IAmJustSuperman Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Most interesting - The Climb.

Favourite - Purple Rain.

Second Favourite - The Climb.

I think the climb is a song that describes stan perfectly.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Totally agree with you Super. Strategically I think he sang that song at the perfect time on AI.
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 am

I agree with both Super and Linda about the song "The Climb"- that's the song that got me all choked up when he performed it on AI - I've never had that happen to me before. I think the words were so significant that it could have been speaking of his own life's journey.It touched me greatly.
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hikoi wrote:
    inikamoze wrote:

Hi ini!
    check out Gisrays answer on the thread https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/random-discussion-f27/will-singing-other-genres-hurt-stans-sales-t185.htm

its post #11. Its about "we will rock you". very interesting!

Sorry I missed this Hikoi. Thanks. Best or most interesting track and why? - Page 2 333657 Stan definitely pulled a great rock voice out of the bag.

I've always viewed this song from a riot police' perspective - we will rock you being a euphemism for 'smash you'. I picture the drum beat as being batons on riot shields.

Whereas, on idol, Liza Minelli viewed it as 'we will help you'. It still intrigues me.

Also, I hate the guitar solo in the original - with apologies to the Queen fans on board whistling - the music in this one is so much better.
    IAmJustSuperman
    IAmJustSuperman
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by IAmJustSuperman Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 pm

After a whole heap of listening to Introducing... Stan Walker..

I have decided 4 things..
    - There needed to be a cover of 'Nothing Else Matters'
    - I don't know why 'Let's Stay together' is on there (it's my least favourite song on the album)
    - I don't know why We Will Rock You is so short on the album
    - I would have liked to have seen a cover of 'Circle of Life'

Now i think the most interesting song on there is Think of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 pm