Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

5 posters

Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011

kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 Empty Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:11 am

It looks like the best concert ever...and man do Christchurch deserve it!

Looking forward to hearing from Nicola who was front row Grin

These are the videos from yt so far. The first are from Laseras twitter buddy Jess(jk1637)! She took thaaa meanest vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krkWF6ghgIA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDBwjlNq34&feature=related

LOUD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLn_lNC8BqA&feature=channel_video_title

MOVE UR BODY~ BEYONCE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnVN2Z8Bug&feature=channel_video_title

PURPLE RAIN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBeoe7Ukrs&feature=channel_video_title

These are by a yt'r called nicolalyoly. Stans BV (name unknown lol). She probably replaced Carmen for this concert. She's like WOW amazing...she shuda got more applause for Beyonce song.

Spotlight by Jennifer Hudson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No35llZQfQw

Listen by Beyonce
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZRwntkQvko&feature=channel_video_title

This from another yt'r called Adshels121. She has 3 others but the same as wats already on yt :) Great vids tho especially from so far away.

Closer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ObETqncWzE&feature=related

Sorry for some reason I can't post the vids only the links...enjoy

smile
    stanozfan
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 Empty Nice vids...thanks

Post by stanozfan Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

thanks kiwi..... happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 Empty Re: Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011

Post by Nicola Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi folks, I've finally had time to sit down and write my account of the concert! So here goes!
    It was hard to feel excited until it actually happened as we have learned to take one day at a time here in Christchurch - a few seconds of the ground shaking can change everything, so we tend to hold things lightly! The best laid plans can be derailed in seconds, as they were in February.
    Anyway, Mark and I got our lost ticket passes (we had booked and paid for our tickets on 12th May over the internet from Ticketek and they never arrived in the post) and went to our seats (front row) and were nervously (me anyway!) awaiting the beginning of the concert, when 3 girls turned up with our stolen tickets and tried to claim our seats. They left after we explained that they were ours and we had proof, so the ushers came over soon after and we showed them our email proof of purchase and went back to waiting for it all to begin. Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 98786
    Sadly the third member of our group, our neighbour Marilyn couldn't come to the concert as she had an ear infection and the doctor told her she wouldn't be able to stand it - so she promptly burst into tears, poor soul. Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 494568
    A young Samoan lady by the name of Grace (who turned out to be his BV) started the concert by doing 4 songs, 2 originals and 2 covers, she was awesome - then we went back to waiting for Stan to arrive and it all to begin.
    Stan came out to rapturous applause, wearing a long-sleeved olive-green shirt with a black bowtie and black jeans. He started the concert with "Inside Out". I just sat there enjoying it all and singing along. No one was standing in front of the stage as yet so we had an unhindered view as he went through the first set. He did a bit of an "Australian Idol" musical journey, with one of the BV's ( I'm not sure but wondered if it was Sidney Maynard?) doing the voiceovers to make it sound like the TV show. Stan did bits of songs from his journey and told of his need to redeem himself from singing "Dear Mr President" flat and explained why it happened - so despite his voice not being 100% (he said), he did the song really well. He also did "Ordinary People" playing guitar and said that he actually did another audition that didn't make it onto tv with another song, but that he was laughing heaps as he was so nervous and the judges wondered if he was even going to sing!! whistling
    He told some funny stories - about how he packed his 2 pairs of undies (to come over to NZ I presume) and socks (which were actually his Mum's he said), and forgot to pack deodorant. He said that he loves girls' spray on deodorant (the name of the brand escapes me) as he thinks it smells like lollies!!
    He was saying how he and the band were rehearsing hard-out and he realised he needed some deodorant and saw some sitting on the stage so smelled it, thought it was ok, so sprayed it liberally all over himself (which led to an expanation about having "stink bum") and then wondering why his arms were sticking to his body, discovered it was actually the keyboardist Kiri's spray on hair colour!! Everyone was in fits of laughter as you can imagine. LMAO
    On a more serious note - he did hold a few moments' silence for us Cantabrians who have suffered loss and to remember the lives lost in the Feb 22nd earthquake. You could've heard a pin drop! He was so kind and said how we had been in his and his family's prayers and will continue to be so.
    About halfway through - he changed into a red shirt (canterbury colours as he had black jeans!) and invited people to get up and sing with him - so we were no longer in the front as many teenage girls and a few guys around the edge, made their way to the front and crowded in front of us. It wasn't too cramped and everyone was very orderly and many went back to their seats after they had the photos they wanted. Of course many were putting their hands up to be touched by him - which reminds me. He started spinning a yarn about how he was now married and how he had been for a while and had 15 kids etc ( I was just waiting for the reference to Beyonce!) and then he said that he woke up and realised it was just a dream . Everyone laughed and he did one of her songs (can't remember which one!!).
    At another point in the concert he talked about how we are all significant, and said to all the girls that no matter what age you are, how tall/short and no matter what you look like - you are all beautiful. He said to the guys to "look after your sisters" or else he would "come after you"!! He was saying that if a rugged Maori boy such as him can achieve his dream, so can we and for us not to think our dream is too big.
    He did quite a few mash-ups and re-arrangements of his songs - he did a rap in the middle of unbroken and in one of the songs did a few lines of "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars. Sorry folks I'm not a great music buff and have a terrible memory so apologies for my vagueness at times. He did do Neo's "Closer" and that was fantastic with all the nuances and expression he put into it. Towards the end he went offstage to change again and the BV's did a Michael Jackson number and the dancers were amazing. When Stan came back onstage again - he was in an oversized red-striped shirt, that looked like he'd borrowed it from his Dad's wardrobe - and he hadn't had time to do up all the buttons - so at one point while he was dancing, the shirt flew up and you could see his waist high white undies above the top of his jeans - poor Stan! He made some remarks at the end of the song about still getting dressed! Anyway, the concert ended and of course the chant went up for more - so they all came back onstage for the encore "Loud"! I reckon it was the best song - everyone was getting into it and dancing and having a great time. He can certainly dance as he did during many of the songs, along with the backing dancers and was "shaking his booty" I think that's how you say it? At one stage he went to the back corner of the stage and I was wondering what he was doing when he then did a double somersault across the stage - much to the cheers and applause of the crowd! punk1
    I feel like such an old fuddy-duddy as the "booty shaking" is not really my thing - but I just so enjoyed listening to that fabulous voice live and enjoying the atmosphere - very family orientated as there were lots of Mums and kids there - I could've taken Sophie (aged 7) in place of Marilyn if I thought that she would've stayed awake! However it was nice to go on a date with my husband - the first time in a very long time we've managed to go out together with no children. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would go again if the opportunity arose. My phone took poor quality photos,and tiny 30 second video clips not worth posting - Mark's photos were better, but we didn't take video equipment as it's not supposed to be taken in there, but just enjoyed the concert and will have to watch better clips on Youtube.
    So that's my account of the Stan Walker concert - it was long anticipated and it was worth the wait!

Last edited by Nicola on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added extra things)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 Empty Re: Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 am

Hey!!! that was brilliant Nicola! Really enjoyed reading your account of your evening. Man sounds like you had a wonderful time!
    Lucky you had proof of purchase for your seats etc.. It's frustrating places like ticketek and ticketdirect can't provide professional service when you pay good money.
    I'm so happy you were front row! A birds eye view of Stan! And More by the sounds of things haha
    So sorry Marilyn couldn't go but perhaps you can show her some of the videos on youtube from the links above and below Big Grin2
    I've seen 2 videos of Grace on youtube and I'm very impressed by her. I especially enjoyed her singing 'Listen' by Beyonce. Such a gorgeous vocal range she has. I can tell why Stan had to have her in his show.
    Sam is doing the commentary for the Idol medley. He used to work on iamtv on Saturdays.

Your evening brought back very vivid memories of Stan at our Auckland concert. Stan is cheeky, hysterically funny and his voice beautiful. Aw I wish we had 'Loud' at our concert or Beyonces 'move ur body' dance tho :)
    You're not a fuddy duddy cuz lol I had the same experience as you...Thanx so much Nic...was definitely worth the wait!!!! huyya flower happy dance Stans CHRISTCHURCH concert! Saturday 9th July 2011 333657 Group Hug sunny

source:Nicolyoly on youtube

With Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGUUYvX9yU8

Love Graffiti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPOJvHGnNI&feature=related

Some of the idol medley and tribute for Christchurch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeQt7Uw0jw&feature=related

Dear Mr President (and sum jokes and impromptu singing lol)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiVIg1dAnMA&feature=related

Some more of Idol medley (poor Stan sounds a lil tired or sick)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tihhxhZdrHQ&feature=channel_video_title
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT NICOLA!
    such a lovely account!
    sorry it took me forever to read it, hehe..

i love the vid of stan dancing to Get Me Bodied/ Move Your Body, lol, what's the song actually called? cos bey has a song called Get Me Bodied and a song called Move Your Body.. and they both sound so alike! haha
    anyway, stan can danceeeeeeee! looked like he was having so much fun too hahah..

and his bv GRACE, dayum can she sing!!

LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 am

oh and the other song he did at audition was "Circle of Life" i think..
    well atleast thats what he says in this interview: http://www.undercover.fm/videos/659 smile
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

It's move your body by beyonce. But yeah it's an old song with a new video or something like that lol

Anyways Stan and his dancers do the dance on this video. I love it so much and it cracks me up too coz of the 2 'iconic boyz' dancers on it from Americas best dance Crew 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYP4MgxDV2U

I think Stan runs the wrong way (not left) on purpose too haha
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 am

Hey Nicola,
    Thanks for taking the time to write about the concert. Love the story telling by Stan, he sure knows how to entertain the crowd a aprt from singing.... he is part comedian I'd say!!

Thanks Kiwiana for the video/links, I haven't had time to go through all of them yet! (life has been busy busy busy sweat and on top of that I am in the process of moving interstate... a process that started 2-3 months ago boat and hasn't been completed yet!) roll eyes

Nicola, hope the tremors will fade away and stop soon. I cannot begin to imagine the stress you all are under.

Lots of love to all!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:40 am