Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

3 posters

Stan sings White Ribbon tune

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Stan sings White Ribbon tune Empty Stan sings White Ribbon tune

Post by QueenTiger Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:30 pm

source: http://whiteribbon.org.nz/2010/11/13/stan-sings-white-ribbon-tune/

November 13, 2010 by whiteribbonnz

Media release

12 November 2010

Australian Idol Winner Stan Walker has today become a New Zealand White Ribbon Ambassador.

White Ribbon Ambassadors are chosen by the White Ribbon Committee for their passion and commitment to ending violence towards women. Ambassadors use their public profile to champion a violence free lifestyle to other men.

Stan explains, “I was blessed with a voice and not just a singing voice. I have a unique opportunity to talk to other young men and tell them that violence against women is not ok.”

In New Zealand most violence by men against women takes place in the home – each year an average of 14 women are killed by their partners or ex-partners and more than 3500 convictions for assaults on women are recorded each year

“As a child I witnessed and experienced some terrible things,” Stan says. “My house felt like a scene out of ‘Once Were Warriors’. That saying, if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger. Don’t believe it!

“Family violence destroys a family from within and set me on a chaotic and destructive path. If there is violence in your home, talk to someone. You don’t have to face it alone. There’s a helpline in New Zealand and it’s free.

“The same goes for people who witness family violence. Staying silent is not the answer and you can’t help your friends and family by keeping quiet.

“I’m very proud to be a White Ribbon Ambassador, to be standing next to the Ruben Wiki’s of this world and trying to live by actions and not by words alone. I bet there are many more of us just waiting for the courage to stand up and be counted.

“So my challenge to you is, wear a white ribbon this White Ribbon Day and show your mates that there’s never an excuse to be violent towards women,” says Stan.

For more information www.whiteribbon.org.nz

Notes:

Stan’s NEW single ‘HOMESICK’ is his tribute and Valentine to NZ
    He will be touring NZ in first quarter of 2011 starting with a show in his home town Taupo Jan 2nd – he will also perform at Parachute Festival
    Prior to these shows Stan will be in NZ several times this year for charity and church events

Contact
    Rob McCann
    Senior Communications and Media Advisor
    04 917 7045 or 029 917 7045
    rob.mccann@nzfamilies.org.nz

Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stan sings White Ribbon tune Empty Re: Stan sings White Ribbon tune

Post by Nicola Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Another great choice for Stan supporting a cause that is close to his heart, and he has authority gained from painful experience, to speak out about it.
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 am

I'm going!lol xo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:05 am