Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+6
kiwianabananarama
stanozfan
Linda
IAmJustSuperman
Simona
QueenTiger
10 posters

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out Empty Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

Post by QueenTiger Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 pm

source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/music/news/article.cfm?c_id=264&objectid=10668730

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

By Scott Kara 6:00 AM Thursday Aug 26th

Rating: 4/5
    Verdict: The lad sure can sing

Who knows if it's solely Stan Walker's doing or not, but it's as if the 19-year-old Kiwi-born lad who won Australian Idol last year couldn't wait to get his second album out. It's not even a year since he was crowned the talent show champ and only eight months since his debut was released.

And although that first album was called Introducing ... Stan Walker, which featured single Black Box, it's the follow-up that is more reflective of who and what Stan the man is. For starters, Introducing was recorded in two days and, being an Idol offshoot, it is essentially a covers album. But on From the Inside Out Walker co-writes a handful of songs, including the static, moochy and almost experimental R&B opener Inside Out, and the simmering With Me, which is a hearty backslap to God and his love for his girl.

However, the big bangers and immediately catchy songs are by professional songwriters, like chest-beating and uplifting first single Unbroken, the soaring pop and grand stomp of Choose You, and The One, a dramatic ballad and duet with British electro-poppet Pixie Lott.

Best of all though, is Love Graffiti, one of the most overtly cheesy and feelgood moments on the album but when Walker sings "I'd write ya name across the sky, and write love graffiti" you really can imagine him up there in his hot air balloon (or rocket ship, as the case may be) plastering up his message to his girl.

He's got a big voice. He was, let's face it, head and shoulders above his nearest competition on Idol, and this time round he ups the vocal gymnastics, pulls out some extra power, and, best of all, works on the subtleties and refinement.

While his version of Des'ree's 1990's hit Kissing You - the only cover on the album - is a little over-wrought and soppy, it shows the true range and quality of Walker's voice. It can be sweet (where others would just be simpering), soaring, and powerful.

From the Inside Out also sees him diversifying stylistically, from the lush, pure pop of Homesick, the quickfire R&B-meets-hip-hop of One Thing, and the soulful serenade of Chandelier (which could inspire a rash of babies named Chandelier perhaps?).

The end of the album becomes a little forlorn, but then he hardens up on the hip-hop social commentary of last track Stuck In A Box with lippy South Auckland rapper Young Sid.

Yes, it's all wholesome, family-friendly stuff, and when Walker sings about love it's from the heart rather than any other part of his body. But when he sings he also gets the heart fluttering - so make like Stan Walker and go and write some love graffiti tonight.

-TimeOut

By Scott Kara | Email Scott Be part of the news. Send pics, video and tips to nzherald.

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out Empty Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

Post by Simona Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:58 am

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside OutAlbum Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out 200px-11

Rating: 4/5
    Verdict: The lad sure can sing

Who knows if it's solely Stan Walker's doing or not, but it's as if the 19-year-old Kiwi-born lad who won Australian Idol last year couldn't wait to get his second album out. It's not even a year since he was crowned the talent show champ and only eight months since his debut was released.

And although that first album was called Introducing ... Stan Walker, which featured single Black Box, it's the follow-up that is more reflective of who and what Stan the man is. For starters, Introducing was recorded in two days and, being an Idol offshoot, it is essentially a covers album. But on From the Inside Out Walker co-writes a handful of songs, including the static, moochy and almost experimental R&B opener Inside Out, and the simmering With Me, which is a hearty backslap to God and his love for his girl.

However, the big bangers and immediately catchy songs are by professional songwriters, like chest-beating and uplifting first single Unbroken, the soaring pop and grand stomp of Choose You, and The One, a dramatic ballad and duet with British electro-poppet Pixie Lott.

Best of all though, is Love Graffiti, one of the most overtly cheesy and feelgood moments on the album but when Walker sings "I'd write ya name across the sky, and write love graffiti" you really can imagine him up there in his hot air balloon (or rocket ship, as the case may be) plastering up his message to his girl.

He's got a big voice. He was, let's face it, head and shoulders above his nearest competition on Idol, and this time round he ups the vocal gymnastics, pulls out some extra power, and, best of all, works on the subtleties and refinement.

While his version of Des'ree's 1990's hit Kissing You - the only cover on the album - is a little over-wrought and soppy, it shows the true range and quality of Walker's voice. It can be sweet (where others would just be simpering), soaring, and powerful.

From the Inside Out also sees him diversifying stylistically, from the lush, pure pop of Homesick, the quickfire R&B-meets-hip-hop of One Thing, and the soulful serenade of Chandelier (which could inspire a rash of babies named Chandelier perhaps?).

The end of the album becomes a little forlorn, but then he hardens up on the hip-hop social commentary of last track Stuck In A Box with lippy South Auckland rapper Young Sid.

Yes, it's all wholesome, family-friendly stuff, and when Walker sings about love it's from the heart rather than any other part of his body. But when he sings he also gets the heart fluttering - so make like Stan Walker and go and write some love graffiti tonight.

-TimeOut

By Scott Kara

credit source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/music/news/article.cfm?c_id=264&objectid=10668730

I like this review very much.
    I agree on all points made.
    only on 'Kissing you' I wouldn't say it's over... well, it is but that is Stan right there. That is what we loved about him, at least I did: the heart melting interpretations.... with 'Kissing You' Stan made me cry rivers lol

Love graffiti' as the journo said has brilliant catchy lyrics.

I didn't know Chandelier could be name blush3 I thought was the decorative light thingie hanging from the ceiling.

4/5 !!! that's an awesome score woot woot
    IAmJustSuperman
    IAmJustSuperman
    STANnified
    STANnified

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out Empty Re: Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

Post by IAmJustSuperman Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am

i dislike this review. I give the album a 2.5 out of 5. I hate autotune! And i'm beggining to dislike Mr. Walkers music. He can sing.. But what is with the songs on this album... Dissappointing.
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out Empty Re: Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out

Post by Linda Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:26 pm

I love the review. I've been listening to it and I love "Love Graffiti" Overall i think it's a great album and now I just want more LOL
    stanozfan
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by stanozfan Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I am so in love with from the inside out...I listen to it after work, on the way home, and yesterday...I actually fell asleep when I was listening to Chandelier... Razz it's like the sweetest lullaby....I am loving Stan even more ...ha..ha..ha..
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:13 am

Heyy Superman.. you gotta listen to the album more than once to really appreciate what Stan has accomplished cuz...

We know him as the RnB soul singer from Idol...and he was the healthy hearty smiley boy back then but it's been a year since the show was on and he's grown up and he wants to sing RnB pop...

I didn't like the duet the first 2 times I heard it because Pixie has the melody and more lyrics than Stan...but now it's one of my favourite songs...i'm singing it everyday!

I know you like unbroken and I really wanna hear your cover of it sometime. Give it another chance cuz please..

This is my top 10...

1.Unbroken 2.The One 3.Love Graffiti 4.Stuck in a box 5.Homesick 6. Stand Up 7. Chandelier 8. Kissing you 9.With me 10.One thing

I'm hoping Stan will put out an acoustic album next

Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out 52856 xo
    surfer
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by surfer Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi all
    Loving Stan's album more and more. Well done second on the Australia Aria
    Chart albums in oz.
    My favourites:- graffiti and chandellier. It is very calming.
    Well done that is a great result!!!
    Surfer
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Yes Surfer, I agree it is very calming - Stan always seems to be able "put the world to rights again" for me after a rough day!
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 am

every song on this album is a hit. the duet with Pixie (which I originally thought underplayed Stan)I can't stop replaying...kissing you makes me distort my face into a range of emotions (air-singing lol)...chandlier, well if I had another baby that's what I'd name them (perhaps I can convince my daughter to name her first...). Now all I need is a rocket so I can write Stan's name across the sky.
    rawinia
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by rawinia Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 am

every song on this album is a hit. the duet with Pixie (which I originally thought underplayed Stan)I can't stop replaying...kissing you makes me distort my face into a range of emotions (air-singing lol)...chandelier, well if I had another baby that's what I'd name them (perhaps I can convince my daughter to name her first...). Now all I need is a rocket so I can write Stan's name across the sky.
    _KENNY
    _KENNY
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by _KENNY Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm

i like the duet with pixie lott! it's rumoured to be the next single?
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 am

I've listened to the album numerous times and love it but there are a couple of songs that just don't stand out to me but what do i know!!!!!!! LOL

Overall it's a FANTASTIC album and he should be ultra proud of it.
    Love the dedication to Taya and everyone on the CD cover LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm