Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+4
Linda
Simona
Kaitiakis_Mummy
QueenTiger
8 posters

Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA Empty Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA

Post by QueenTiger Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks Andrea for the info:

Source: http://www.pilbaraecho.com.au/echo/content/view/1813/63/

YothD10 clean up
    Written by Alan Richardson

YothD10 tidy up their town
    On Sunday 2 May hundreds of locals in the Pilbara participated in Clean up Day with tonnes of rubbish being collected.

Towns across the region including Wickham, Roebourne, Karratha and Dampier all benefited from this well-supported community initiative, with the streets now a lot tidier.
    One of the groups in Roebourne who were out doing their bit were the newly formed Youth of the Decade - YothD10.
    YothD10 is a newly established non for profit association made up of a network of passionate, determined, and committed women and mothers, dedicated to “2010-2020 Decade for the Youth of Karratha” project.
    The groups vision is to engage the Youth of today, with the Youth of yesterday, who have truly acquired a national and international status as brilliantly gifted artists.
    Their objective is to strengthen opportunities for the youth of Karratha, free from socio-political, cultural, or economic oppression, in keeping with their personally held values, in dignity and in good health, physically and spiritually, allowing them to embark on a life changing journey as talented artists.
    Its mission is to inform, link, engage, and strengthen organisations and individuals and effectively promote the artistic and gifted abilities of Youth alike.
    One of the groups first big events will be the upcoming concert featuring Stan Walker, Australian Idol winner.
    Stan is coming to the Pilbara for a concert on June 19th, and will be performing at the Roebourne Oval .
    Stan is a great role model for young people and spreads his message of peace, tolerance and joy.
    The event will be drug and alcohol free and will be a family concert with fun, food and live music, and also an opportunity for community groups to hold stalls.
    For further enquiries contact President Ruth (Rutu) Watson YOTHD10@gmail.com.This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Cleaning up Roeboune
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA Empty Re: Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Sat May 22, 2010 11:17 pm

woohoo!!!
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA Empty Re: Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA

Post by Simona Sun May 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks Renee :)

any idea where is Roebourne Oval ??? Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA 428148
    EDIT: Pilbara North Western Australia.... lol is anyone from around there?
    I saw some amazing pics of Pilbara Region wow! Stan gonna love it! wonderful opportunity
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue May 25, 2010 9:43 am

How cool is that? You gonna go Andrea? LOL It should be just up the road surely? bwahahaha
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Yip just up the road....Its an hour and half plane ride...or a 10 1/2 hours drive....lol...I trying to sort something out....maybe a late birthday present...shucks he would die if he seen me up there...bwahahaha...Stalker...If I do get there I think that deserves his phone number and first in the know when he comes to Perth....HAHAHAHAHAHA....
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 am

I dont think I can go.... :(
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 am

Awwwwwwwww That's a shame babes. It would have bgeen old friends catching up eh? LOL
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:43 pm

found a new article about this event

2009 Australian Idol winner coming to Roebourne
    Written by Alan Richardson
    One April morning three devoted mothers met at McDonalds and considered how they could contribute to changing the reports regarding Roebourne.
    The mothers all agreed there is plenty of untapped talents that the youth of Roebourne have, and maybe by focussing on the local youths talents and skills they could create a positive vision and inspire change.
    This is how the community group YothD10 came about.
    One of the groups first idea’s to help inspire local youth was the possibility of bringing recent Australian Idol winner- Stan Walker to the Pilbara.
    The ladies thought it would be an inspiring performance for locals to see and believed such an event might encourage others to take to the stage.
    Two months, and two added valued committee members later, the groups combined faith, love, joy, and unconditional support from their families, friends and the community has resulted in their idea becoming a reality.
    Stan Walker "2009 Australian Idol winner" will arrive in Karratha on June 18 2010, and will be performing at the Roebourne Oval Saturday June 19th 2010.
    Stan Walker was born in Melbourne and his parents are Maori born in New Zealand.

He grew up with domestic violence and sexual abuse and along the way has found hope. He won Australian Idol last year and wants to come and sing to the people in Roebourne and share his awesome story of hope and recovery.
    Stan will be greeted by excited locals at the Karratha airport when he touches down in the Pilbara.
    Part of his welcome to town will include a traditional Welcome to Country.
    This will be carried out by the Indigenous Aboriginal Members and co-ordinated by YothD10 member Josie Samson in conjunction with YothD10 Maori representatives at the Karratha airport.
    Stan’s performance on Saturday in Roebourne will be part of a huge concert being put together by YothD10.The event will begin with local indigenous artists including Annika (Pitt) Moore, Joel Jackson and many others taking to the stage and entertaining the crowd.
    There will also be a variety of stalls with food and Hangi for everyone to enjoy.
    Locals are excited that a concert of this caliber is coming to Roebourne.
    YothD10 believe the concert will provide great encouragement for all the brothers and sisters in Roebourne to start their own dance group up.
    The group are truly grateful to all their sponsors, community groups and people who have supported them.
    YothD10 will be holding workshops on the Saturday morning with Stan and his parents. They want to encourage the youth who have a desire to be a performer or musician to come along.
    For any enquiries contact Ruth (Rutu) Watson - Yothd10 president on 0400534032 or email Yothd10@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

very proud Stan's taking part of this concert, should be a benefit to all

credit source http://www.pilbaraecho.com.au/echo/content/view/1910/63/
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Wow how awesome is that! Enjoy you guys...whoever is going...awww Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA 308681 ...It will be an awesome concert!!
    Thank you dearest Simo...very nice article...I been missing Stan!

xo
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:10 pm

How wonderful that Stan's parents are involved as well - they too will have so much to share with the young people that will give them hope. At least there will be a welcoming committee at the airport there - UNLIKE CHRISTCHURCH where it was just me! sunny
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am

AAAAWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww I want to go....:(
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am

PS: I like the new banner very nice.... Stan Walker to perform at Roebourne Oval, Pilbara WA 563318
    surfer
    STANdard
    STANdard

Post by surfer Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

The new banner is very smart.
    Stan and family will love the Pilbara. Broome is
    my favourite place.
    cheers
    surfer
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 pm

they going to Roebourne apprantly my darling says its a hole...bwaahahaha putting it nicely...but alot of the kids need direction and hope so what better person than our wonderful Stan to encourge that aye...

And guess what my darling maybe flying up there for work on Friday I told him he had to go watch him if he can...oh so close.... :(

I will be so jealous but be awesome too!!!
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:49 pm

From what Stan said on Twitter overnight - it was an awesome time with many people making life-changing decisions :-)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 am

So does anyone know of anyone that went to the session? I'm wondering how it all went etc.........
    inikamoze
    inikamoze
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by inikamoze Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I didn't realise Stan was up this way until I read about it in the paper on the weekend. When I moved to the Pilbara I just thought well, that's it for me and (live) music. I hope he visits again like it said he might in the paper. cheerleader

PS. Hi everyone! flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm