Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

5 posters

Interview - Stan Walker

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Interview - Stan Walker Empty Interview - Stan Walker

Post by Simona Mon May 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Interview - Stan Walker Stan-w12
    INTERVIEW │STAN WALKER

May 9, 2010

Source: Sophie Barnett

Following the huge success of his killer debut single ‘Black Box,’ Stan Walker is back with his hot new single ‘Unbroken’ and a hot new look to go with it.

The Melbourne-born hunk, who won the seventh ‘Australian Idol,’ is now on route to be even bigger than his very own idol, Guy Sebastian.

Covering up his newly-grown afro with his favourite beanie hat, the super smiley singer met with MTV to talk collaborating with Beyoncé , touring Down Under, and overnight fame.

MTV: So Stan, tell us about your new single ‘Unbroken’

Stan: It was written and produced by Ryan Tedder, he’s the lead singer of OneRepublic. He did Apologize, Halo, Kelly Clarkson’s Already Gone, Tattoo, and he’s the man behind Unbroken.

The song is so amazing. When I first heard the song I was like this is a beat song and then I read the lyrics and that’s what won me over because it talks about my life, being nothing and being in pieces, but then becoming unbroken.

MTV: You’ve already worked with Guy Sebastian. Who else would you like to collaborate with?

Stan: I want to work with a lot of people, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Mario, and Usher.

MTV: We hear you’re a HUGE Beyoncé fan…

Stan: She’s musically why I do what I do. She’s an inspiration, she’s incredible. I just love her.

MTV: So what are the main ways your life has changed since becoming famous?

Stan: Wow, in so many ways. I’m travelling heaps, living in another place. Everything, just everything.

MTV: You’re living in Sydney right now. Will you be touring here soon?

Stan: I’m just working on my album at the moment. I’ve almost finished it and I’m aiming to bring it out in July or August. Then we’ll do a tour on the back of the release of the album in Australia and New Zealand.

MTV: You’re very open about your Christian beliefs. In what way have they influenced your music?

Stan: It’s everything, because what I believe is what I show, if im going to write a song about girls I don’t want to do it in a way where I’m downgrading a girl. It’s something kids can sing to without being rude or downgrading to women. I just try to show everything I represent and I represent god so I want to put that in my music.

MTV: Lastly, Usher recently revealed he thought TV talent shows were “killing” the music industry. What would you say back to that?

Stan: I guess in some ways it could be true, and in some ways you’ve got to just look at the results, Jessica Mauboy and Ricki-Lee Coulter.

Get your hands on Stan’s new single ‘Unbroken,’ out now!

Copyright : MTV Australia

credit source: http://www.mtv.com.au/news/2ebd22e9-interview-stan-walker/

the pic is dated lol but Stan is gorgeous there hehehe

Alicia Keys? that's good, I love her and her music... more than Beyonce anyway Interview - Stan Walker 422433
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Interview - Stan Walker Empty Re: Interview - Stan Walker

Post by fynesthorse Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Simona wrote:
    MTV: Lastly, Usher recently revealed he thought TV talent shows were “killing” the music industry. What would you say back to that?

Stan: I guess in some ways it could be true, and in some ways you’ve got to just look at the results, Jessica Mauboy and Ricki-Lee Coulter.

wow ! what usher said just blew me away aye ! though stan answered well Interview - Stan Walker 333657 - so true i believe jessica is doing so well - read on the newspaper she has done a collaboration with jay sean & iyaz ; cant wait for stan to do awesome collabs with other brilliant artist too ! x
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

(Y)

Last edited by LASERAsmiles on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am

aahh nice one again Stan...he is truely maturing as an artist an able to handle the media without the funnies...which I applaud him for!...(even tho I adore his cracked nature too haha)...but 'Unbroken' is a brilliant song...I love the remix and the acoustic versions...awww it's amazing Stan chose to sing it and I feel the emotion when he sings it...great info Simo...thanx...I hope Stan does collaborate with people he wants to...the more he progresses the more options he has...working with Ryan Tedder was huge step forward...omg if he worked with Alicia or Usher..that would be amazing!
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 am

That would be outstanding if he does collaborate with Usher or Alicia....enjoy these two artists.

Yes....agree with you Simo....not a great Beyonce fan...but certainly a fan of Usher and Alicia.

As the months pass....Stan's progress grows in leaps and bounds....so out there making sure that his singing career flourishes....he is very motivated by his strong faith....a faith like that can certainly move mountains.

Stan is well and truly living up to my expectations of his career...better still....he is absolutely exceeding them...WTG Stan....keep up the drive....we are so behind you aaallll the way! You are an outstanding performer!

Interesting comment of Usher's...maybe there is a certain grain of truth....just a grain...no more than that....take a look at Kelly Clarkson...Carrie Underwood...Leona Lewis...just to name a few....these artists are becoming huge names in the industry.

Good comment Stan....your communication skills have increased ten fold since ur time on Aus Idol...good to see you've found a voice...there is so much for you to share with everyone out there.....so many more connections for you to make...ppl are searching....wanting to listen...wanting to heal...just like your song....they too want to be unbroken!!!
    Go forth Stan and spread the word...there is hope...someone does care! Woohoo!

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm