Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

Hallelujah

QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Hallelujah Empty Hallelujah

Post by QueenTiger

HALLELUJAH

Title:Hallelujah
    Album:Grace
    Artist:Buckley Jeff

I've heard there was
    A secret chord
    That David played, and
    It pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care
    For music, do you?
    Well it goes like this:
    The fourth, the fifth
    The minor fall, the major lift
    The baffled king
    Composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well your faith was strong
    But you needed proof
    You saw her bathing
    On the roof
    Her beauty and the
    Moonlight overthrew you
    She tied you to a kitchen chair
    She broke your throne
    And she cut your hair
    And from your lips
    She drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Baby I've been here before
    I've seen this room
    I've walked this floor
    I used to live alone
    Before I knew you
    I've seen your flag
    On the marble arch
    But Love is not a victory march
    It's a cold and
    It's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well there was a time
    You let me know
    What's really going on below
    But now you never show
    that to me, do you?
    but remember when
    I moved in, you
    Your holy dove
    Was moving too
    And every breath we drew
    Was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well maybe there's a God above
    but all I ever
    Learned from love
    Was how to shoot
    someone who outdrew you
    It's not a cry
    that you hear at night
    It's not somebody
    Who's seen the light
    It's a cold and
    It's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Share this post on: reddit

kalaivani

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm by kalaivani

So powerful
    Thanx QT
    kiwianabananarama

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 am by kiwianabananarama

One of my favourite songs...sung by Stan...top 6? ...gosh I was freaking out that night coz he was in the bottom 2 with Kate...but I wasnt watching it live...haha....thats what flikky posted on youtube...haha....and then dissapeared to watch the show!!!...I remember going crazy coz...no one was online to tell me if it was kate or stan who had left...for about an hour I was posting everywhere frantically searching...but then the relief came...whew! and then Senchavanilla posted the video "halleluyah" first and I cried...so beautiful...and only a couple I know agreed with me that he was not flat in the low register during the first moments of this song(didn't care what Dicko or JD said)...what the?...he was simply the winner in my eyes!! I've listened to it on my mp3....on you tube like a million times...and ...still not flat!!

Thanks Renee! I love Stans version (on the show)the best!!
    Hallelujah 333657
    Taichimisty

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 am by Taichimisty

Thanx QT for the lyrics....absolutely brilliant, strong, powerful, thought provoking.

Loooove, looove, looove this song....only when Stan sings it...doesn't do anything for me when hear this song sung by someone else.

Stan's voice and the story that he's singing always resonates truth to me.....and I believe.....he makes that connection that speaks of freedom from pain, anger, hurt.....and that there are choices we can make to help ourselves.

Love...love...love ya Stan!!!...Thank you for being you!!!

Taichi
    Nicola

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 am by Nicola

Stan has that wonderful gift of being able to take a song, interpret and breathe new life into it, in such a way that it really touches the heart and resonates truth, as Taichi said.
    He has the power of God behind his voice as has been said elsewhere on this forum - and that's what makes what he does so amazing - God just reaches out to you from the song and touches your heart.
    That's what I have experienced, and makes Stan so unique and special (to me anyway!).
    He couldn't do that unless he'd been through all the stuff that he has, experienced the love and healing power of God in his life and love the Lord as much as we all know that he does.

Last edited by Nicola on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    QueenTiger

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:18 pm by QueenTiger

awww. No probs Kiwi, Kalaivani & Taichi, you are all welcome.

I agree i first heard this song sang on Shrek, and loved it, but of course it doesn't mean anything to me now since i heard Stan sing it.

as Nicola said (i have been saying since day 1 to, so i 200% agree) Stan has alway had a way of taking a song & interpreting it his own way.

Love this song now more than ever, & when i hear it it just makes me cry aswell.
    kalaivani

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm by kalaivani

I've spent some time listening to every version of Hallelujah
    Leonard Cohen (canadian) who wrote the song---his version, soft lullaby
    Jeff buckley's version---
    Bon jovi------
    Sherly Crowe---
    J.T and Matt Morris---Hope for haiti(excellent harmony)
    Il Divo--- in spanish(Opera style)
    K.D. lang---very good,i think the best version of the lot
    STAN WALKER--His version will always stand out for me,the BESTEST EVER
    I felt he had another presence around him when he was singing on Idol that night(please guys dont think i'm a cuckoo or something)It was so powerful, and brought everyone to tears in my house.I'm listening to his version right now,goosebumps!! OOps need to shave my legs!!!
    Nicola

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 pm by Nicola

kalaivani wrote:I've spent some time listening to every version of Hallelujah
    Leonard Cohen (canadian) who wrote the song---his version, soft lullaby
    Jeff buckley's version---
    Bon jovi------
    Sherly Crowe---
    J.T and Matt Morris---Hope for haiti(excellent harmony)
    Il Divo--- in spanish(Opera style)
    K.D. lang---very good,i think the best version of the lot
    STAN WALKER--His version will always stand out for me,the BESTEST EVER
    I felt he had another presence around him when he was singing on Idol that night(please guys dont think i'm a cuckoo or something)It was so powerful, and brought everyone to tears in my house.I'm listening to his version right now,goosebumps!! OOps need to shave my legs!!!

Yes you are absolutely right about Stan having another presence around him when he sang Hallelujah - I felt it as well. At the end of the song Marcia Hines was looking like she felt it too and the other judges were trying to find words for what they'd experienced. As Stan prays before his performance, he's allowing God room to move in and through him during the performance. I experienced the physical presence of God turning up in my lounge - totally unexpectedly - on several occasions during the Australian Idol series during Stan's performances and I had a real sense of being wrapped up in God's love and peace each time it happened - and my husband felt it as well so it wasn't just my imagination.

By the way I love the comment about having goosebumps and needing to shave your legs! LMAO

Nic
    kalaivani

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:33 pm by kalaivani

Nicola mate, you've summed it up nicely
    Thank you, ---i'm not crazy nor am i imagining??
    Everytime he sang, he had something to keep you pondering????
    God bless
    kiwianabananarama

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm by kiwianabananarama

Stan is blessed with many god~given gifts...'wairua manaaki' caring and sharing spirit....'wairua awhi' helping spirit....'wairua aroha' loving spirit...I feel all of these when he sings most of his songs...and especially 'Halleluyah'...thats why this is my only Stan vid on facebook...and the first I downloaded to MP3 last year...thru him...a heavenly spirit is felt...listen to it everyday pretty much...xo

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am